User Tag List

View Poll Results: Naughty School child?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTJ - Good School Child

1 2.56%
  • ENTP - Good School Child

4 10.26%
  • INTJ - Good School Child

3 7.69%
  • INTP - Good School Child

5 12.82%
  • ENTJ - Naughty School Child

3 7.69%
  • ENTP - Naughty School Child

11 28.21%
  • INTJ - Naughty School Child

2 5.13%
  • INTP - Naughty School Child

6 15.38%
  • Not taking part but want to see the results

4 10.26%
First 1234 Last

Thread: Naughty.....

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I chose the last response, because I think I was somewhere in between. On the one hand I wasn't getting into fights or playing pranks or anything else that would lump me in with the bad crowd. Also I did well on my assignments which tends to get you lumped in with the good crowd by itself.

On the other hand I had in the range of 50-80 annual absenses during both 2nd and 3rd grade. There were plenty of times I didn't do an assignment just because I didn't feel like it. In elementary school I tended to talk a lot during class, and the teacher had to repeatedly tell me to be quiet. (I think I became a fairly quiet person in middle school.) I refused to be a part of the Honor Society or be a hall monitor even though I was invited to both. (I don't really like what either stand for.)

So I don't think I was a model student, but I don't really consider myself "naughty" either. I think I was something in-between.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Outwards, I was good. Criticized, discussed and made a lot of noise, though.
    At least when I wasn't treated the way I deserve, or if the teacher was being crappy/illogical/didn't know what s/he was talking about.

Edit: didn't have any qualms about beating people up, either. Bullies etc. Some of you might remember my input in the bullying thread

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Edit: didn't have any qualms about beating people up, either. Bullies etc. Some of you might remember my input in the bullying thread
    You're a mean person ! The good guys had thugs to do the dirty work
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

i was quite naughty in grade school. i even *gasp* hot a teacher after he snatched a picture away from me i was drawing. i used to get in trouble for talking in class and disrupting the other kids because i'd finish with stuff way earlier than they did. my mom told me to start drawing when i was done and waiting on the others . the unfairness and frustration of the situation where i had to wait for others, couldn't talk and couldn't finish my picture set me off and i punched in the nutsack... tee hee

besides that snafu, teachers still loved me. i was the class clown but still answered all the questions got good grades so that made them feel like thy were doing good work i guess.

i pretty much ran the classroom so i wonder what would have happened had their been 2 entp kids in my class? would we split the power? would there have been a showdown at the tether ball pole? would the universe have imploded?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    In my view of my past school life, I remember myself doing what I imagine any rational person would do.

As far as "rules" would go:

In school I noticed three types of rules. The first types of these rules I shall refer to as "arbitrary rules." These rules, if they were malign in any fashion, were generally not worth time it would take to construct an argument against them, nor were they worth the possible strain on the relationship between me and the rulemaker.
    this sounds familiar. i went to fairly strict catholic schools until college and there were a wide variety of rules : arbitrary ones like all shirts must have collars - which inspired me to start a 1-person "uprising" where i cut a collar off a shirt and would sloppily pin it on to a sweater or white tshirt. this of course led them to instate an even more ridiculous rule that "all collars must have a a proper shirt attached"

i think one difference between being critical and being naughty is one is a bit more logical in terms of demonstrating reasons to a system of why it may be flawed. the other does the same thing but kind of revels in the absurdity

MBTI
    ENTP

I think NT's are just naughty at school... I thought their would be a P/J divide..... clearly not...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

it's fun to be naughty.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    it's fun to be naughty.
    Sure is, a ENTJ I know was a nightmare at school, I see from the poll their the only ones who don't have a good child yet....

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa OK but we are not on the adult part of the site... OK I wscrewed up the title....
    Heh, I was browsing by new posts, and I actually thought this was from that section. Hence, the misunderstanding.

For the record, I voted 'naughty'. I never did much work, and only got away with it because I was ahead in most of my classes anyway. I was never one of the people who set the dumpsters on fire, but still not what you would call a model student.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I was a good student in terms of grades but I also made a lot of noise...
    same here... not so much in the sense of class disturbances, but more things I did out of class... and the rarity of my actual attendance in class.

I wasn't trying to be badass... I was just trying to avoid the bullies, who made my life hell. So I skipped class and then, when the chance came and since I couldn't beat them, I joined them, and since then was to be found at the back of the field or off the premises, smoking... substances.

Mind you, I wasn't too deferential towards the teachers... I respected their knowledge but if they treated me unreasonably with "orders" as it were, that weren't to do with their subject, then I wouldn't take it lying down. Like when I was skipping assembly because it was completely boring and pointless and I had better things to do with my time, this teacher caught me and asked why I wasn't in assembly - I just answered "why aren't you?" And he bristled and you could see his feathers visibly ruffle, but I pressed the point that I wasn't about to swallow a double standard whereby the things he has to do that are why he's not there are automatically more valid and stuff than mine, or that he gets to choose whether or not he puts up with those back breakingly uncomfortable chairs to listen to the shitty school band play Whiter Shade of Pale AGAIN, whilst I don't get a choice.

Especially when I got to the sixth form (that's non-compulsory advanced education in the UK) and I got to age 18, I wouldn't take shit like that. I used to say stuff like, "so you're telling me I can get married, buy a house, pay taxes, buy and drink alcohol, smoke, have a full time job and vote in national elections, and yet I'm not entitled to object to rules that have nothing to do with my studies, that you try to enforce on me whilst I'm here, in further, non-compulsory education? I don't have to be here at all, but my name on your register gets the school a lot of funding, my exam results and high grades help it up the league tables, I work hard and I don't cause trouble in class. Don't make out that I owe you anything. you can stuff your arbitrary control freak rules up your arse, mate. I'll go where I like at break time, I'll do what I like with my hair and I'll wear these fucking shoes if I want to."

Yeah, I suppose when I think of it, I was a right bolshy little shit, really. Somebody should've given me a smack in the mouth - I'd have learned my lesson much less painfully that way
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen