• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you like Sci-fi?

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ok, really? I'm curious. I would *think* that geeks (and sorry if that's a dirty word here) would enjoy sci-fi, but I can't know for sure. Maybe it's too off base. I know that as NFs both me and my father love sci-fi stuff.
That just made me wonder about you all.
How do NTs feel about science fiction?
Do you like shows like Eureka or Doctor Who? Do you like Star Trek movies or Terminator movies?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Duh! Why yes, I do enjoy a little sci fi. Star Trek, Stargate, Star Wars, Ray Bradbury, Lovecraft, etc.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you like shows like Eureka or Doctor Who? Do you like Star Trek movies or Terminator movies?

[Do you like Sci-fi?]

Haha, sure. I even attended the summer 2009 Blizzard convention to preview the upcoming Star Craft installment. :laugh: I would almost take a peak at anything science-fiction related.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sci-fi... No
Fantasy Yes

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yes! I love speculative fiction in general. My current fave is urban fantasy (e.g. Patricia Briggs's Mercedes Thompson series), but my Netflix queue is on Torchwood Season 3, which I suppose could be described as urban sci-fi.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Aderack: :D You're very funny, nice avatar.

SciVo: Fantastic. And, good pick, the Mercy Thompson series rocks.

PureStealth

MBTI Type
INTJ
How do NTs feel about science fiction?

Love it, can't get enough

Do you like shows like Eureka or Doctor Who?

Eureka: Yes, very interesting program.
Doctor Who: Depends on the version

Do you like Star Trek movies or Terminator movies?

Star Trek movies: 2, 4, 8, 9 and maybe 11 (if only because of the shoutouts and Leonard Nimoy) are great. The rest are meh..

Terminator movies: The first 2 were good. The latest one wasn't too bad I guess compared to the other SciFi movies released recently.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
How dare you bastardize the glorious genre of "Science Fiction" by referring to it as "Sci-Fi"!

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Could be worse, they could call it "skiffy".

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you like shows like Eureka or Doctor Who? Do

Really love the new Dr. Who(s). Reintroduced to full season of them on Netflicks streaming video. Finished all of season 1 through 3 now I am slowly checking out the older Whos of the 80s and 70s.

The Doctor is so...INTP, how can you not wish to walk in his shoes (or should I say time/space travel the in a 1950s style London police callbox)

If I had one wish, it would be to be Dr. Who. (and have all his powers, knowledge, immortality, adventures and of course both the TARDIS and a sexy/fun female companion).

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Science Fiction and Fantasy are the new cool!

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Now that I've had some time, I'm more curious if there's any difference in how much NTs like fantasy, compared to us NFs. I've heard fantasy described as one of the only remaining popular forms of moral fiction, along with mysteries. Supposedly it's more popular with women, and more women are Fs, so it might actually be an F/T difference.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm one of those INTP's who is not into sci-fi at all. Fantasy type stuff isn't very high on my list either. I've just never related to that stuff. I guess I have dreams (aspirations, not zzzzzz) and visions of things I'd like to do in life or places I'd like to be, but it's hard for me to watch a show or movie or read a book about fire-spitting monsters or people who fly. That's more fantasty than sci-fi though. There was an old show called "The Outer Limits" that I really liked, but that was like over 10 years ago. I think they tried to make a new series with the same title and after watching one episode, I was no longer going to waste my time watching.

Anytime I was ever flipping the channels and came across "Star Trek", my only thought was, "Strange. Very strange." I know people who are into it and they are usually smart individuals, but it's just not for me I guess. Now, "Jeopardy!", that's a different story!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now that I've had some time, I'm more curious if there's any difference in how much NTs like fantasy, compared to us NFs. I've heard fantasy described as one of the only remaining popular forms of moral fiction, along with mysteries. Supposedly it's more popular with women, and more women are Fs, so it might actually be an F/T difference.
Fantasy, the best! :nice:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Fantasy: Hell no.
Sci-Fi: Sometimes.

I won't watch anything that has a wizard, a dragon or a midget. But I like some sci-fi movies. "2001", "Alien", "Sunshine", the new "Star Trek" and "The Terminator" come to mind. I wouldn't say I like it as a genre, because too much of it is so damn stupid. But there are some gems in there.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Science fiction has always been my favorite genre for books,tv, and movies.

Fantasy : Not so much

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Fantasy: Hell no.
Sci-Fi: Sometimes.

I won't watch anything that has a wizard, a dragon or a midget. But I like some sci-fi movies. "2001", "Alien", "Sunshine", the new "Star Trek" and "The Terminator" come to mind. I wouldn't say I like it as a genre, because too much of it is so damn stupid. But there are some gems in there.

:laugh: Hilarious. But, midgets are neither fantasy nor science-fiction. What gives?

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
I hate traditional sci fi (take that, Matthew Z!), but I like things like Interview With a Vampire, stuff by Octavia Butler, anything by Martin Millar (who I strongly recommend. Read Lonely Werewolf Girl)...
I spent the first 5 years of school reading the entire science fiction section in my local library, though.
I hate Star Wars. My friend lent it to me for three months and I still never watched all of it.