User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    Could be worse, they could call it "skiffy".
    *twitch*
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    Do you like shows like Eureka or Doctor Who? Do
    Really love the new Dr. Who(s). Reintroduced to full season of them on Netflicks streaming video. Finished all of season 1 through 3 now I am slowly checking out the older Whos of the 80s and 70s.

The Doctor is so...INTP, how can you not wish to walk in his shoes (or should I say time/space travel the in a 1950s style London police callbox)

If I had one wish, it would be to be Dr. Who. (and have all his powers, knowledge, immortality, adventures and of course both the TARDIS and a sexy/fun female companion).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Science Fiction and Fantasy are the new cool!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Now that I've had some time, I'm more curious if there's any difference in how much NTs like fantasy, compared to us NFs. I've heard fantasy described as one of the only remaining popular forms of moral fiction, along with mysteries. Supposedly it's more popular with women, and more women are Fs, so it might actually be an F/T difference.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm one of those INTP's who is not into sci-fi at all. Fantasy type stuff isn't very high on my list either. I've just never related to that stuff. I guess I have dreams (aspirations, not zzzzzz) and visions of things I'd like to do in life or places I'd like to be, but it's hard for me to watch a show or movie or read a book about fire-spitting monsters or people who fly. That's more fantasty than sci-fi though. There was an old show called "The Outer Limits" that I really liked, but that was like over 10 years ago. I think they tried to make a new series with the same title and after watching one episode, I was no longer going to waste my time watching.

Anytime I was ever flipping the channels and came across "Star Trek", my only thought was, "Strange. Very strange." I know people who are into it and they are usually smart individuals, but it's just not for me I guess. Now, "Jeopardy!", that's a different story!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    Now that I've had some time, I'm more curious if there's any difference in how much NTs like fantasy, compared to us NFs. I've heard fantasy described as one of the only remaining popular forms of moral fiction, along with mysteries. Supposedly it's more popular with women, and more women are Fs, so it might actually be an F/T difference.
    Fantasy, the best!

Fantasy: Hell no.
    Sci-Fi: Sometimes.

I won't watch anything that has a wizard, a dragon or a midget. But I like some sci-fi movies. "2001", "Alien", "Sunshine", the new "Star Trek" and "The Terminator" come to mind. I wouldn't say I like it as a genre, because too much of it is so damn stupid. But there are some gems in there.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Science fiction has always been my favorite genre for books,tv, and movies.

Fantasy : Not so much

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Fantasy: Hell no.
    Sci-Fi: Sometimes.

I won't watch anything that has a wizard, a dragon or a midget. But I like some sci-fi movies. "2001", "Alien", "Sunshine", the new "Star Trek" and "The Terminator" come to mind. I wouldn't say I like it as a genre, because too much of it is so damn stupid. But there are some gems in there.
    Hilarious. But, midgets are neither fantasy nor science-fiction. What gives?

MBTI
    INTP

I hate traditional sci fi (take that, Matthew Z!), but I like things like Interview With a Vampire, stuff by Octavia Butler, anything by Martin Millar (who I strongly recommend. Read Lonely Werewolf Girl)...
    I spent the first 5 years of school reading the entire science fiction section in my local library, though.
    I hate Star Wars. My friend lent it to me for three months and I still never watched all of it.