User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default ENTPs.... do you come across as being romantic in relationships?

I've read that ENTPs frequently have this characteristic. Have you found this to be true in your relationships?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Absolutely, completely, 1,000% ... if I'm serious about the relationship.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I am a girl. What would be considered romantic in a guy's point of view?

But not really, a dinner at a romantic restraunt with roses and the titanic theme music while he slowly proposes is a extreme turn off.
    I get extremely uncomfortable expressing "love". I passionately hate the fluffy feeling.
    It feels like you're being suffocated. I need to laugh a little, act crazy, or be with myself after that (Which is one of the few times I do want to be with myself).

Maybe I am a mistyped SP. :o
    I like Thirty-eights revolving like the sun round the Earth.
    Likes e.lee.sa liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by LEVINA View Post

But not really, a dinner at a romantic restraunt with roses and the titanic theme music while he slowly proposes is a extreme turn off.
    I get extremely uncomfortable expressing "love". I passionately hate the fluffy feeling.
    It feels like you're being suffocated. I need to laugh a little, act crazy, or be with myself after that (Which is one of the few times I do want to be with myself).

I think it's more that you're using cliches to define romance.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Yeah maybe. Maybe I'm also using more of my feelings toward other types of love. I really do not like fluffy feelings.

Going by this, I have a tendency to push people away whenever I get that feeling.

Question now: I can't really say anymore about the topic unless I know what kind of romance you guys ment. If everybody has their own idea of romance, I can't really say anything else. I just generally find the whole cheesy "in love" jazz a very ...well- cheesy and un-easy thing!
    I like Thirty-eights revolving like the sun round the Earth.

+1, I can relate.

Very possible.

Yeah maybe. Maybe I'm also using more of my feelings toward other types of love. I really do not like fluffy feelings.

Going by this, I have a tendency to push people away whenever I get that feeling.
    For me, I feel a bit ridiculous taking such gestures seriously, and, there's a little child inside of me that can't help but giggle when another is trying to be serious serious with such gestures of grande romance.

I kinda feel embarrassed for them, if the gestures are 'cheesy', and my cheese factor is set on ultra-sensitive trigger.

What I try to achieve, and appreciate in the other: uniqueness in idea earns major points, esp. if it's catered to the subtlety of our relationship; some quirk of his or mine, and playing on that is and .

But....

Learning to move from a position of detachment to attachment is not always a smooth transition, for me, in the realm of intimacy and feeeeeelings.

Awkwardness at trying to decipher between what's trite and what has depth of truth for me, him, us. Sometimes feels like playing naked bumper cars. Some kinda bumping, but, not exactly the bumps ya want...weird gigglejiggles.

Ya fallow? Prolly not.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

For me, truly romantic gestures include an element of humor. They acknowledge the idea of grand romantic gestures and mock them, but gently ... in a way that acknowledges their worth.

It's not romantic unless it's clever.

For me, truly romantic gestures include an element of humor. They acknowledge the idea of grand romantic gestures and mock them, but gently ... in a way that acknowledges their worth.

It's not romantic unless it's clever.
    Ohhhh...

LaughterHumour is the best medicine.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I'm an INFP, and I was in a fantastic relationship with an ENTP for a while.
    He was pretty romantic. Though he was never the cards-and-flowers type of guy, I didn't need any reassurance from him in our relationship. He gave me--surprisingly since he is after all a charming, flirtatious, and independent ENTP--lots (and lots) of attention. Which I loved because he listened to me. I'm very simple and am really uncomfortable when someone lavishes me with things I consider wasteful or excessive (diamonds, expensive dinners, etc.), so his disdain for the trite and mundane and my dislike of empty traditions worked for us!
    I think it ultimately depends on the person and the type of relationship.
    Last edited by neptunesnet; 09-06-2009 at 10:43 PM.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I am the complete opposite of romantic... Actually, you might as well call me the Stalin of romance. Not my thing. That mushy corny stuff really turns me off. If being "romantic" means actually listening to my partner and being there for them... then sure! If I am shopping somewhere and see something that I know that they like (say he collects comic books or whatever) than I would buy him one. IDK, that's how I ~express my love. I'm not very affectionate or open with my feelings. It's just not me at all.

[edit] ah, yes. I fall for someone who I can joke around with and tease. That's love to me right there! I hate it when people are always trying to get me to be so "serious". It's so ridiculous. It makes me feel like that person doesn't appreciate me for the type of person that I am. I do not like flowers, teddy bears, chocolates, etc. That's just so typical and not well thought out. The type of gestures that really have me going "aww" is if we're having a conversation and I say... I do not know, that I love bananas and that I eat them three times a day (I really do...). Weeks from then, if he randomly buys me a shit load of bananas I would be so moved. It's so easy to please me. I don't need diamonds and shit.

To me, romance is listening to that person