User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by LEVINA View Post
    I am a girl. What would be considered romantic in a guy's point of view?

But not really, a dinner at a romantic restraunt with roses and the titanic theme music while he slowly proposes is a extreme turn off.
    I get extremely uncomfortable expressing "love". I passionately hate the fluffy feeling.
    It feels like you're being suffocated. I need to laugh a little, act crazy, or be with myself after that (Which is one of the few times I do want to be with myself).

Maybe I am a mistyped SP. :o
    Exactly. It just feels so unnatural and uncomfortable to me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

As stated, I'm very romantic ... but one thing that does make me bristle is too much nostalgia. I do not want to repeatedly revisit an idealized event that happened five years ago. It's over, usually falsified, and means little to me.

As long as we're in the here and future, however, bring it on!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd say yes. When I'm serious about the relationship I'm very thoughtful and affectionate ..

For me, truly romantic gestures include an element of humor. They acknowledge the idea of grand romantic gestures and mock them, but gently ... in a way that acknowledges their worth.

It's not romantic unless it's clever.
    Agreed. I've gone out with some traditionally romantic guys (flowers, candies, shiny gifts, etc) and although it's not my favorite display of appreciation, I understand their need to do it that way and accept. I mean after all, who doesn't like sweet stuff and sparkly things?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by LEVINA View Post
    I am a girl. What would be considered romantic in a guy's point of view?

But not really, a dinner at a romantic restraunt with roses and the titanic theme music while he slowly proposes is a extreme turn off.
    I get extremely uncomfortable expressing "love". I passionately hate the fluffy feeling.
    It feels like you're being suffocated. I need to laugh a little, act crazy, or be with myself after that (Which is one of the few times I do want to be with myself).
    yeah, I hate that stuff too. that's why I either avoided doing it at all and went for something that was wild and lively - I mean, why would I be out with someone at all anyway, if they weren't the sorta person who could enjoy (and survive) a walk on the wild side? or else if I did the clich stuff I'd always try and just put some touches to it that made it "not your average meal at a restaurant" - something different that made it memorable.

I mean, take one common or garden restaurant, a standard table setting, the expected choices and prices on the menu and everything's predictable and scripted. Add one average ENTP and suddenly there are unknowns... it can be fun to keep them on the edge of embarrassment permanently, yet never quite crossing that line - keep them guessing as to whether you're going to do something outrageous, which means you have to actually do something outrageous now and again and get away with it. I find with less naturally adventurous types they tell you off for it in that way where the mouth is saying "stop it" but the eyes and tone of voice are saying "don't stop it!" and you know they're secretly thrilled.

But I grew up on medieval literature - how could I not be romantic? It raised me and I grew up to live it - all that open-handed ring-giving, largesse, noblesse, gentilesse etc has made me a noble knight, loved by all at court, yet also a scarred and terminally poor knight, whom the damsels' fathers never approve of, just like the ones in the books
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Absolutely, completely, 1,000% ... if I'm serious about the relationship.
    This really says it all, without directly saying it. How ENTP!

Anyway, yeah, I believe the point of her ellipses here is that it's very rare for us to care enough about someone to be serious about the relationship.

If you absolutely blow us away with how amazing you are, then we'll rise to the challenge and top it.

If you're not really that interesting, we're not trying. (But we do recognize and sometimes imitate certain "romantic" tactics that we notice are successful, when it benefits us.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

Anyway, yeah, I believe the point of her ellipses here is that it's very rare for us to care enough about someone to be serious about the relationship.

If you absolutely blow us away with how amazing you are, then we'll rise to the challenge and top it.

If you're not really that interesting, we're not trying. (But we do recognize and sometimes imitate certain "romantic" tactics that we notice are successful, when it benefits us.)

+5 million

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

So you do like being romantic, but only a lucky few are recipients of it?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

So you do like being romantic, but only a lucky few are recipients of it?
    i guess it's like those cereal box sweepstakes: many will enter, few will win.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

ding ding ding.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP

I can be romantic, but not a cheesy way... I like t enjoy simiple things - so might not be everyones idea of romantic.

I am with StimW its a rare thing to find someone I want to be romantic with... but it doens't negate amerous abities