User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I guess Einstein did work at the post office for a bit.

That's blue collar, right?
    I'll say!

This thread is great for my self esteem.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

funny avatar do you have a baby ^ ????

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    I'm a horrible example, but my IQ is 136 (which isn't all that high, maybe above average) but everyone thinks I'm a pothead who has a short attention span.
    Just to let you know, 136 IQ is over 99th percentile. Anything over 130 is >= +2SDs, which is less than 2.5% of the pop.

So either you're way way above average, or shouldn't trust your IQ score (especially if it was taken online).

MBTI
    XNTJ

Yeah, I have an IQ of 150, read a lot of classics and know many things about
    multiple languages and I have musical talents as well as acting, yet I am stuck
    in a town where a lot of people are complete morons that run around with who
    is available and have a dead end job. Is there a way to get what you want out
    of life without having to give up...well...life? Even though your life sucks some-
    times there's things you could see having to give up if you became successful.
    but what about success?

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

The only thing it proved is that IQ doesnt count for much.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    I'll soon be applying for a management post at work. Two of my managers have told me to apply for the job (which is normally a good thing). However, I know that one of my colleagues has already been identified as the favourite to get the positition. She is in close contact with the line manager, does a lot of jobs for her and has a very good working relationship with her. However, in my opinion, the favourite is not all that smart. I know that to even get an interview I'll have to do a lot of research and make an excellent application with a lot of additional information. However, I'm prepared to be disappointed, as I know they're likely to appoint someone that will do as they are told will not question authority.

I was interested to see the YOUTUBE link about the meaning of money posted by INTJ123. I got involved in a prolonged conversation about this topic (amongst others) with an IT technician (a blue collar job) who in probably INTP. We must have talked for over four hours, and he told me some incredible things relating to this subject. He used to write compilers, but had found the job too stressful hence why he now works as a technician. He had written a program that mimicked the financial system which he claimed gave interesting results. A great deal of what he said went straight over my head, and I kept having to ask him to clarify ideas. In my opinion, this guy, although very eccentric, is smarter than the director who is three layers of management above him. However, the director is a very charming person, is better dressed, exudes confidence and is capable of manipulating people.
    So what are the "interesting results"? You mention getting results but don't mention what the results are...is it world war 3?

MBTI
    ENFJ

This whole thread reminds me of Frazz.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

super intelligent people don't really fit into society.

ive read the ideal iq for suceeding and having benefits in society is 125. any higher and your going to have problems, i.e. bordem (which can lead to emotional problems).
    this's probably been said already but i think a lot of what makes one sucessful has nothing to do with intelligence.
    not everyone wants to be a doctor or surgeon anyway, its a crappy lifestyle.

for smart people in blue-collar jobs... i'd look for people who do their own thing. i can also see this situation happening a lot: no one udnerstands the thought patterns, behaviours, needs of someone of significantly superior intelligence so they're never catered to and fall through the system.

personal story time:

when my dad tried to get into the army they threw an iq test at him and he hit the roof score (155 or something), and self-emplyed he's a labourer.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Anyway, being a farmer, a cheese-maker (don't know the exact word in english, sorry), a wine-maker can be extremely profitable, at least here in Italy. Especially if you're cultivating some special local product. It's not considered as a lowly job anymore.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Just to let you know, 136 IQ is over 99th percentile. Anything over 130 is >= +2SDs, which is less than 2.5% of the pop.

So either you're way way above average, or shouldn't trust your IQ score (especially if it was taken online).
    Evan - I'm affraid different tests are done on different scales.... your numbers look very low there.. I think other tests have high IQO at above 140... but I might be wrong