User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    And yet this thread does not reflect that awareness. At all.
    How about working on your interpersonal intelligence then? Keep the rudeness to a minimum please.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by SciVo View Post
    And yet this thread does not reflect that awareness in any coherent way.
    It just focuses on one specific subset, which has been shown by a good number of studies to be related to "positive" social outcomes. Obviously a linear relation does not capture what happens to single individuals, especially at the tails.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    How about working on your interpersonal intelligence then? Keep the rudeness to a minimum please.
    I mistakenly unconsciously assumed there would be greater linguistic precision in a thread about IQ. I apologize for the resultant expressions of my (in retrospect) unreasonable frustration.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    hmm interesting, never heard that before, will have to look into it.
    Sorry it's not a thing it s principal, so not really worth looking up. Intellengce stops being a factors across the income scale once it gets beyond a certain point. Then it's qualities like leadership, inlfuence, etc.

Intellegence helps with the technical pocess of working it doesn't nessesarily help with office politics...

Physcial appearance comes into it

Do you follow me?

Lis

MBTI
    ENTP

This aticle is about wealth not income. but it's the same principal

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1701377.ece

Once you get beyond higher than average IQ there is no more income either. There will be an optimum IQ for highest income earners, which is likely to be above average but not super bright.

I can't find the article about straight forward comparision to income.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    There will be an optimum IQ for highest income earners, which is likely to be above average but not super bright.
    Well, I don't believe this is necessarily true. The marginal increase probably dies out asymptotically, but I don't think that the curve Wealth= f(IQ) is parabolic, more likely some type of logarithmic relationship. As an out-of-reference citation, Bill Gates is supposed to have an IQ of around 170 on the basis of his SAT scores, yet this doesn't seem to have impeded his success much (and since people with 170 as IQ are such a low number, even one occurrence in the top-3 earners of the world is statistically significant).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Alternatively, the confidence interval could widen with increasing IQ; not that it becomes less valuable on average (in the sense that Bill Gates and I are billionaires on average), but that it becomes chancier for the individual.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Sorry it's not a thing it s principal, so not really worth looking up. Intellengce stops being a factors across the income scale once it gets beyond a certain point. Then it's qualities like leadership, inlfuence, etc.

Intellegence helps with the technical pocess of working it doesn't nessesarily help with office politics...

Physcial appearance comes into it

Do you follow me?

Lis
    Yea I get what you mean.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well, I don't believe this is necessarily true. The marginal increase probably dies out asymptotically, but I don't think that the curve Wealth= f(IQ) is parabolic, more likely some type of logarithmic relationship. As an out-of-reference citation, Bill Gates is supposed to have an IQ of around 170 on the basis of his SAT scores, yet this doesn't seem to have impeded his success much (and since people with 170 as IQ are such a low number, even one occurrence in the top-3 earners of the world is statistically significant).

Maybe, but I'm sure I've seen research that says it does but I can't find the link. It's curves the same as the wealth article..,,,

this is on wiki but I've definately seen a research article....

Income
    Some researchers claim that "in economic terms it appears that the IQ score measures something with decreasing marginal value. It is important to have enough of it, but having lots and lots does not buy you that much."[73][74]

Other studies show that ability and performance for jobs are linearly related, such that at all IQ levels, an increase in IQ translates into a concomitant increase in performance.[75] Charles Murray, coauthor of The Bell Curve, found that IQ has a substantial effect on income independently of family background.[76]

Intelligence quotient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Taking the above two principles together, very high IQ produces very high job performance, but no greater income than slightly high IQ (and some studies show that very high IQ produces somewhat lower income than slightly high IQ

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Maybe, but I'm sure I've seen research that says it does but I can't find the link. It's curves the same as the wealth article..,,,

this is on wiki but I've definately seen a research article....

Income
    Some researchers claim that "in economic terms it appears that the IQ score measures something with decreasing marginal value. It is important to have enough of it, but having lots and lots does not buy you that much."[73][74]

Other studies show that ability and performance for jobs are linearly related, such that at all IQ levels, an increase in IQ translates into a concomitant increase in performance.[75] Charles Murray, coauthor of The Bell Curve, found that IQ has a substantial effect on income independently of family background.[76]

Intelligence quotient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Taking the above two principles together, very high IQ produces very high job performance, but no greater income than slightly high IQ (and some studies show that very high IQ produces somewhat lower income than slightly high IQ
    Yeah, that's what I mean, the marginal effect dies out asymptotically. I still don't think that it makes much sense to say that very high produces lower income, also because the study will very likely contain a small sample of people with very high (let's say above 160?) IQ, unless it was done worldwide...

Alternatively, the confidence interval could widen with increasing IQ; not that it becomes less valuable on average (in the sense that Bill Gates and I are billionaires on average), but that it becomes chancier for the individual.
    Mm yeah that's an interesting hypothesis
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp