User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That reminds me of when they had a MENSA boy on the TV show: The Apprentice.
    I could tell this kid would get fired by Trump pretty fast.
    Of course that's what happened.

But here's stupidity at its finest.
    The task was to create a commercial.
    MENSA boy created a commercial with no sound.
    No, I am not kidding.
    Can you imagine a client investing a large amount of capital,
    for a commercial that a potential customer couldn't even hear?

Trump said: "You may be a MENSA boy, but you're not very smart."
    Then he fired his ass.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I doubt anyone can say that anyone who is intelligent is creative. People confuse the two quite often.

Putting sound in a commercial isn't an act of creativity.
    It's common fucking sense.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I know. I'm just putting down part of a train of thought.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

Very intelligent people do have trouble working in the real world. I know two absolutely brilliant physics majors and they still don't have a job. I don't think they will ever hold down a job. Their just bums, sad to say. I tried to talk to them about teaching at college for a specific class, so they don't need as much school left to do, and one guy told me he wanted a job where he didn't have to do anything. I'm so jealous that they could do whatever they want, but playing video games and living at their parents is more important, while I have a shitty job. I give up.:steam:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I thought this conversation was useless, but I can see that some are still trying to take it seriously. If you actually want to get somewhere, then you have to at least know the concept of multiple intelligences. Ideally you'd read Frames of Mind by Howard Gardner; but that's a long, hard slog, and not necessarily worth it for the non-enthusiast. (I'm a self-improvement fanatic, like how some people are nuts for NASCAR.)
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Blue collar jobs are really nice in many ways, especially those that allow you to be outdoors (as opposed to factory worker, which is hell). I think that somebody with such an high IQ could feel like he's studying for nothing, since he could think by himself material that is better than what's presented, thus prefers some alternative.

I've got a good friend since elementary school. We used to be the two considered "smartest" at that school, usually coming up tied at the first two places in the mathematics competitions that were held annually. Now he's finishing his mechanical engineering degree, and I'm finishing my actuarial sciences one. Yet when we go out, we both dream about a job were we would be allowed to be outdoors and interact with people and with "real" objectcs, rather than being in a room all day long writing calculations or typing on the keyboard.

I thought this conversation was useless, but I can see that some are still trying to take it seriously. If you actually want to get somewhere, then you have to at least know the concept of multiple intelligences. Ideally you'd read Frames of Mind by Howard Gardner; but that's a long, hard slog, and not necessarily worth it for the non-enthusiast. (I'm a self-improvement fanatic, like how some people are nuts for NASCAR.)
    Most people around here are aware of those concepts. No need to be condescending.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

I'll add some thoughts...

There is a law if deminishing return, being 10% more intellegnet after a certain point had no benefit.

I had a collegue who was in mensa, and said most members were socally inepts and strugged at work because they beleived they ought to be listened to more/theoretical principals ought to apply, that just were not sensible. They also can be on the argoant side and make co workers feel stupid....

A few years back I heard their was a trend of Oxford graduates (one of our two top univeristies) opting to start plumbing firms straight from university. Plumbers typically earn quite a lot of money and have a good lifestye. They opted fr a relatively stress free lifestyle on good money in favour of white collar work.

I've always though that people who are life time civil servants are pretty switched on in terms of life style too. Very safe job and very good work life balance.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I'll add some thoughts...

There is a law if deminishing return, being 10% more intellegnet after a certain point had no benefit.

I had a collegue who was in mensa, and said most members were socally inepts and strugged at work because they beleived they ought to be listened to more/theoretical principals ought to apply, that just were not sensible. They also can be on the argoant side and make co workers feel stupid....

A few years back I heard their was a trend of Oxford graduates (one of our two top univeristies) opting to start plumbing firms straight from university. Plumbers typically earn quite a lot of money and have a good lifestye. They opted fr a relatively stress free lifestyle on good money in favour of white collar work.

I've always though that people who are life time civil servants are pretty switched on in terms of life style too. Very safe job and very good work life balance.
    hmm interesting, never heard that before, will have to look into it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Most people around here are aware of those concepts. No need to be condescending.
    And yet this thread does not reflect that awareness in any coherent way.
    Last edited by SciVo; 09-06-2009 at 02:18 AM. Reason: precision
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so