User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Nah, they're smart when it comes to academia, building shit like robots or whatever. But they are lacking in a lot of other departments which I think is just as important (or even more so) than textbook nonsense. I've went to a science high school so I've had my share of these types... for four years. The majority of them are just, what's the word... Crazy? Emotionally unstable, socially inept, etc. Sure it's great that you are smart, but what else do you have going for you?

I'm a horrible example, but my IQ is 136 (which isn't all that high, maybe above average) but everyone thinks I'm a pothead who has a short attention span. And I guess that I do come off as a complete jackass the majority of them... Wait, I went off topic. I forgot what I was trying to say what do I have to do with this? LMFAO nevermind
    oh I see. I like potheads.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Intelligence does not equal income.

I'm at the very least fairly intelligent... Knowing this fact does not give me any happy thoughts or emotions. Neither does the thought that I could make a lot of money if I finished a difficult study and used my intelligence.

Being able to think about things in general rather then specifics. Knowing that people genuine appreciate me for my entire being instead of my brain capacity. Having no pressure put onto me to achieve anything somebody other then me desires. Those things generally give me more peace of mind then any praise or money could ever do.
    cool, I feel the same way.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yeah but statistically, academically intelligent people are more likely to have college degrees, and in turn are more likely to end up with high-income jobs.
    there is academic intellect and real intellect.
    I love how we seem to meet further down the road to disagree again, AJ
    I N V I C T U S

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    oh I see. I like potheads.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Not with the intelligence / "real intelligence" & success discussion again. Look at the bloody charts. Find 'em. D'uh.

Oh can't you find charts about someone being fluffy nice cool kumbayah person & relating it to intelligence or success? perhaps that is not an attribute of success, apart from someone's opinion.

I'm giving you a task.

Find the studies that link intelligence to decreased chance to be incarcerated. To be poor. To increased chance to own significant amount of stock in a company. Now that's success, measured.

Being orangeyishly-metaphorically-niceyish person isn't close to being measurable. I can do it. My neighbours dog can do it.

Get real with your anti-intellectual stuff. Measure something real.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    What, you didn't appreciate the knee-slapping irony inherent in Mr. Appleyard accusing another writer of confirmation bias (without apparently knowing the term for it), and then approving of outright anecdotal cherry-picking by his audience?
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Oh can't you find charts about someone being fluffy nice cool kumbayah person & relating it to intelligence or success? perhaps that is not an attribute of success, apart from someone's opinion.
    The type of success that was used in this thread covers career success, in terms of prestige.

Thread Title: "Smartest in the world work Blue collar jobs"
    Translation: How could the smartest person work in a job below their (academic) intelligence?

(Not disagreeing with your post, btw. Just wanted to point this out.)
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INTJ

Intelligence is such a nebulous concept anyway. How smart can you possibly be if you are stuck doing menial jobs for your entire lifetime? I reckon some people enjoy vagrant lifestyle, but I'm guessing most don't.

I've met some Ivy league grads who were incompetent social retards. Sure, they got SAT, LSAT, etc, nailed down, but when it comes to pulling down pants before taking a shit, they fail.

That MENSA statistic (if true) most likely has fairly simple explination. Successful people with high IQ scores probably have better things to do than pay 50 bucks for a certificate that says "daym, ya sure iz smrt"
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Not with the intelligence / "real intelligence" & success discussion again. Look at the bloody charts. Find 'em. D'uh.

I'm giving you a task.

Find the studies that link intelligence to decreased chance to be incarcerated. To be poor. To increased chance to own significant amount of stock in a company. Now that's success, measured.

Being orangeyishly-metaphorically-niceyish person isn't close to being measurable. I can do it. My neighbours dog can do it.

anti intellectual? hmm. Well sorry but I wasn't trying to be anti intellectual, If you are bothered by this thread then don't bother reading it? You seem disturbed by this somehow, but it's not my fault you chose to read it and respond. The ways in which some people cause their own discomfort amuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post

That MENSA statistic (if true) most likely has fairly simple explination. Successful people with high IQ scores probably have better things to do than pay 50 bucks for a certificate that says "daym, ya sure iz smrt"
    That reminds me of when they had a MENSA boy on the TV show: The Apprentice.
    I could tell this kid would get fired by Trump pretty fast.
    Of course that's what happened.

But here's stupidity at its finest.
    The task was to create a commercial.
    MENSA boy created a commercial with no sound.
    No, I am not kidding.
    Can you imagine a client investing a large amount of capital,
    for a commercial that a potential customer couldn't even hear?

Trump said: "You may be a MENSA boy, but you're not very smart."
    Then he fired his ass.