User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Holy shit man- you need to quit worrying about everything! Take some time off- evaluate whether or not you're even studying the right thing and if that will make you happy for the rest of your working life. Go study abroad or get a job for a semester or so! Talk to a therapist, or two, or a career councilor and get your priorities straight!

sorry- I tend to be a bit practical

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

and the correct response is this

if life is a bitch pimp slap her ass!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IT

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Holy shit man- you need to quit worrying about everything! Take some time off- evaluate whether or not you're even studying the right thing and if that will make you happy for the rest of your working life. Go study abroad or get a job for a semester or so! Talk to a therapist, or two, or a career councilor and get your priorities straight!

sorry- I tend to be a bit practical
    I hate it when someone says I need to "get my priorities straight." As for why, I have no idea.

As for the rest of what you said, you might be right. Tops words I've heard in response to these posts: "counseling," "depression," "therapy," "relax," and "idiot."

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

for goodness sake- I didn't call you an idiot- I know idiots! If you were an idiot you would have taken up drinking to cope with your problems like I did! I just think it sounds like you might need to listen to other people about this- you can never evaluate your own problems right from the inside and sometimes outside help is really useful. I'm not trying to criticize!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IT

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    for goodness sake- I didn't call you an idiot- I know idiots! If you were an idiot you would have taken up drinking to cope with your problems like I did! I just think it sounds like you might need to listen to other people about this- you can never evaluate your own problems right from the inside and sometimes outside help is really useful. I'm not trying to criticize!
    And I didn't say you called me an idiot.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IT

Alright,

I got my big break over the summer. I landed one helluva internship, and it went so well that they extended the length of the term from 3 months to six! Awesome. Well, they extended it 2 months ago, and right now I have only a month left to finish up the project that I was assigned to do, and I haven't started yet! I can't believe myself. Here I am with a chance to make a killer impression at a great company, but since I don't physically go into work everyday, I just blow off the work like its not there. I hope I get my act together before the time runs out. The last thing I need now is to mess this up.

Anyway, preparing for the worst (and since they haven't said anything to me about full time employment) I have been applying and interviewing at other companies. A few interviews went well enough that they wanted a second round, and I'm pretty stoked about that. Actually, right now I'm sitting in an airport waiting to catch a flight for an in-person interview. Hopefully one of these companies makes me an offer, so I don't have to sit and bite my nails about my summer internship becoming fulltime.

I don't know.

I'm still kinda worried about the fact that I'm handling this (current) opportunity so badly. I wish there was a way to not be soo "INTP" in certain areas. I like the "smart" thing, but I don't like lacking the willingness/drive to use any ability I have. I've been wondering for quite a while now what its going to be like for me when it all hits the fan, and I end up in the real world, and right now, its looking like I have alot of freaking work to do.

I'm considering hypnotherapy. I don't care how weird, or "shrink'ish" it sounds, I'm just hoping it works, and isn't just blowing smoke. Actually, I don't even care if its just blowing smoke, I just want to see improvement in certain areas of my personality and outlook on life.

Whatever.

I'm bored at this terminal. The flight doesn't come for another 2-3 hours, and what ever better to do at this time than to write a boring blog entry?

Oberon

Stay out of corporate America. I'm there, and I'm learning to hate it. Don't go there.

Apprentice as a luthier and make guitars and violins for living. It's very concrete...you produce an object of art...and yet impossible for the stupid. The feel of the wood under your hands can become like shaking hands with an old friend.

You can get an associate's degree in woodworking and run your own cabinet shop. It's good money if you do good work. You could design and build your own furniture.

Being a top artisan combines the best of being an artist and a craftsman. You get your work photographed for magazines. People seek you out.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IT

So, its been a few years, and reading back on this now is amazing to me. I've been killing life due to silent support from a few people, and I was about to descend into a negative spiral again, but I was brought back to this forum by external forces.

Its amazing how life can change, and how you can read about someone's experience, totally relate, then realize that it WAS YOU.

What a trip.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by mysavior View Post
    Its amazing how life can change, and how you can read about someone's experience, totally relate, then realize that it WAS YOU. What a trip.
    I've been there, done it. I journaled/blogged a lot over the years, so I have a paper trail... and it just blows my mind when I read some of it. It's me, but not me; and sometimes I do not remember writing it. Pretty amazing trip, huh?

Glad things are still moving forward. Get used to that momentum.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by mysavior View Post
    So, its been a few years, and reading back on this now is amazing to me. I've been killing life due to silent support from a few people, and I was about to descend into a negative spiral again, but I was brought back to this forum by external forces.

Its amazing how life can change, and how you can read about someone's experience, totally relate, then realize that it WAS YOU.

What a trip.
    That's awesome. I only read a bit of your previous posts, but I did notice the negativity pouring out. Despite not knowing you or even seeing you here before I'm glad that you feel better than that now.
    (removed)