• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] intps and crappy name memory

Does your name momery suck?

• very much

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • yes

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • little

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • no

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • im not intp

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude, I use my employees for that. You're saying you're not actually paying them? Selfish indeed.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, name recall is horrible along with birthday, anniversary, holiday and recall of other "important" dates.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, name recall is horrible along with birthday, anniversary, holiday and recall of other "important" dates.

Exactly... There's so much people find mandatory important, that we INTP's just can't be bothered with.

"God, woman.. Forgetting our anniversary does NOT mean I love you any less! If I did remember, it probably would have been because I felt the need to make up for something."

Seriously though, we INTP's are just above the rest in these things, agreed? :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Should the person who voted NO be chucked out the INTP club?

:D

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I suck hardcore at face recognition and remembering names. A classmate must have told me five times already that she is from Tampa, but I keep forgetting and each time she tells me I am like: "really?"

Selective hearing maybe.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Should the person who voted NO be chucked out the INTP club?

:D

Yes, he's clearly trying to hard to fit in, forgetting our true motivations along the way.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Exactly... There's so much people find mandatory important, that we INTP's just can't be bothered with.

"God, woman.. Forgetting our anniversary does NOT mean I love you any less! If I did remember, it probably would have been because I felt the need to make up for something."

Seriously though, we INTP's are just above the rest in these things, agreed? :D

People get pissed off when you forget this stuff because it makes them feel like they as individuals aren't important enough for you to remember. That's when I hold their hand with both of mine, look paternalistically into their eyes and sincerely tell them, "that's right, you're not." Then I kick them in the chin and steal their purse/wallet.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People get pissed off when you forget this stuff because it makes them feel like they as individuals aren't important enough for you to remember. That's when I hold their hand with both of mine, look paternalistically into their eyes and sincerely tell them, "that's right, you're not." Then I kick them in the chin and steal their purse/wallet.

I relate to this. :D

By the way, for the sake of the topic. I forgot my own birthday a few times. Doesn't happen anymore though. People keep remembering me of it nowadays when it is approaching.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
As far as I'm concerned, everyone's name is either "man" or "dude". Now I just need a noun to call women that's not offensive, and I'll never have to remember a name again.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
As far as I'm concerned, everyone's name is either "man" or "dude". Now I just need a noun to call women that's not offensive, and I'll never have to remember a name again.

You bring up a good point. I don't think there's a generic noun for a women that can be used in a friendly manner. This must be rectified.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Interesting problem. That's a tough one. 'Girl' seems to work with girls of younger age than yourself. But use it on a woman that is older than you and you're suddenly seducing them apparantly. Not the particular desired effect there. I can't come up with a noun for older women that is not offensive or is commonly misinterpretted.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You bring up a good point. I don't think there's a generic noun for a women that can be used in a friendly manner. This must be rectified.

Interesting problem. That's a tough one. 'Girl' seems to work with girls of younger age than yourself. But use it on a woman that is older than you and you're suddenly seducing them apparantly. Not the particular desired effect there. I can't come up with a noun for older women that is not offensive or is commonly misinterpretted.

Yeah really. I'd like to use "Hey woman!".... but all the assholes using it as a pejorative ruined it for me.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I usually have a variety of pet names for girlfriends because I always seem to have trouble recalling their name on the spot.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP's and women need to get around the same table and come up with something here. Preferably something no asshole would even bother using offensively.

Like "Taitoi" or "Tyuppeltup".

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
What about "lady?"

Requires a friendly inflection though, which I sadly lack.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, 'lady' works if you don't know the person. But if you should know the name and call the girl 'lady', the results may be disastrous.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
What about "lady?"

Requires a friendly inflection though, which I sadly lack.

Oh that's a good one. But yeah, said in a cold way, it might sound like I'm about to steal their purse.