User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does your name momery suck?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • very much

27 43.55%
  • yes

17 27.42%
  • little

4 6.45%
  • no

3 4.84%
  • im not intp

11 17.74%
First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Women shall henceforth be referred to as 'gal' or 'gals.'

It has been decreed.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INxJ

Not an INTP, but I'm horrible with names. The only time I remember strangers that I come in contact with on a semi-regular basis is with nicknames. e.g. Wheelchair lady

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    If you forget a womans name just call her "Ma'am". Women love to be called that...especially if they are in their 20s or 30s...shows respect.
    Oh, yes, this is so true

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Not an INTP, but I'm horrible with names. The only time I remember strangers that I come in contact with on a semi-regular basis is with nicknames. e.g. Wheelchair lady
    LOL, you must be on really casual terms if she's cool with this (do you call her that or just smile knowingly when you see her?)

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    LOL, you must be on really casual terms if she's cool with this (do you call her that or just smile knowingly when you see her?)
    It's just in my mental rolodex. I will call the stranger by their nickname in conversation with a friend or acquaintance that also knows the stranger. At least, I've learned not to call them a nickname to their face after making the mistake a couple times. Apparently, people think my nicknames are rude.

MBTI
    INTP

It's just in my mental rolodex. I will call the stranger by their nickname in conversation with a friend or acquaintance that also knows the stranger. At least, I've learned not to call them a nickname to their face after making the mistake a couple times. Apparently, people think my nicknames are rude.
    Come on, woman + wheelchair = wheelchair woman. Perfectly reasonable.

Somewhat related: there was a girl in my apartment whose name I didn't know, but she was wearing an eye patch and a corset-looking shirt. So I was like "hey pirate girl" and she was like "I have to wear an eye patch." That was awkward.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Not INTP.

I have exactly the same problem. I was describing my students to the teacher who's due to take over that group... Apparently, she thinks I shouldn't mentally refer to them as "stupid", "hopeless", "clueless", "frustrated", "pretends to be smart", "slow but tries", "the only white one in the group" and "the chem student".

I don't call them that to their face though. They have nametags on their labcoats which I check when I need to talk to them.

MBTI
    INxJ

Somewhat related: there was a girl in my apartment whose name I didn't know, but she was wearing an eye patch and a corset-looking shirt. So I was like "hey pirate girl" and she was like "I have to wear an eye patch." That was awkward.
    lol Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Not INTP.

I have exactly the same problem. I was describing my students to the teacher who's due to take over that group... Apparently, she thinks I shouldn't mentally refer to them as "stupid", "hopeless", "clueless", "frustrated", "pretends to be smart", "slow but tries", "the only white one in the group" and "the chem student".

I don't call them that to their face though. They have nametags on their labcoats which I check when I need to talk to them.
    It's easier to remember people for things that pop out at you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

See, I'd just keep running with it. I'd be like well... yeah, but yeu can GET AWAY with looking like a pirate now! So why not just make use of it? No point being bleeeeeh I has an eyepatch ;_; Yeu should go around yelling YARRRR! all day long.

People are so boring.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Not an INTP- I have the same problem.

If someone introduces me to another person, right then and there, their names slips right through my mind, and I automatically forget. Not unless if their name stands out. A foreign name.. or one that's unique/kool/has meaning to it.

Either that, or I'll attribute a person to a name that they remind me of.. like "Martha" or "Mark," "Veronica.." when it's not even their names.. "Hi Veronica." No- my name is Jessica. Oh- but I thought.. nevermind.. " you just look like a Veronica for some reason.. Yeah- that is embarrassing.

I think it's worse when the other remember your name, but you don't. While engaging in a long conversation you try to jog up a memory about what their name is and in the end, they say your name, you just go, "It was nice seeing you again.. see you later." Awkward... I'm better at long-term memory than short-term.