• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Good Qualities of ENTPs

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Examples of when an ENTP elicits this reaction?

I had an ENTP guy friend, we also were into each other a little bit, and there was just something about him that I was SO drawn to - and it was largely his personality, just the combination of his intellect and our conversations and the fact that he was so ...cheerful and easy going yet would make these funny biting, nasty little comments. And we'd be around a stupid person, and he would just make eye contact with me, and I would want to laugh because I knew we were thinking the same thing. I think I idealized him because he had this teacher quality about him, too. And we could argue ... argue about stuff we totally disagreed on, and if I got a little pissed off, he wouldn't he could debate all of the time without getting mad at me. Sometimes we would just talk and talk and talk. I wanted to eat him with a spoon.

I know another ENTP guy from my past who just has this amazingly charismatic personality, he's funny, and he's caring in this really "hands off" way...like he really cares about people, but not in a possessive way, in fact it's so broad that it he really bugged some people, but I liked being around him. Even though some of his opinions are offensive, he's just really funny and smart, but not in a typical way.

I've even noticed on here I think I crush a little bit on some of the funny ENTPs when they get into verbal battles on the forums.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
  1. Generally Fun to hang out with
  2. Most intellectually under-rated NT type
  3. Most likely to help you understand something you didn't understand before
  4. One of the few truly open minded types
  5. skilled in many different areas
  6. Does and says all the things I wish I had the guts to do or say

nothing to add or to remove

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My younger sister once bemoaned the fact that I was "so much smarter than her." I told her the following story:

I had a dream once, in which I was walking around outside in a very thick fog. Everything was gray; you almost couldn't see anything at all. There were other people walking around in the fog, too. I happened to encounter a guy standing by a stepladder.

"Hey," he says, "It's not that deep."

"What?" I asked him.

"The fog...it's only seven feet deep. Climb the ladder, you'll see."

So I get on the stepladder and go up a few steps, and sure enough...my head popped out of the fog and I could see, all around me, a sea of fog stretching all the way to the horizon in every direction.

Being on that ladder was like being smarter than the people wandering in the fog.

"Do you know what being smart enabled me to see?" I asked my sister.

"What?" she said.

"More fog than anyone else," I told her.

thats a cool dream/analogy/random thought

• Most intellectually under-rated NT type

come on! the ENTJs get called the SJs of the NTs... bluewing practically called us closet ESTJs!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
[*]Most intellectually under-rated NT type

thats a cool dream/analogy/random thought
come on! the ENTJs get called the SJs of the NTs... bluewing practically called us closet ESTJs!

Lol!

I don't really agree about the "most intellectually under-rated NT type". People tend to see me as frightfully intelligent. Probably because I only open my mouth when I know a lot of the subject. I don't know if this is a general ENTP thing.
Just don't ask me about geography. Ever.

About "ENTJs being closet ESTJs"
I don't see how this can be an insult to the ENTJs intelligence.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You have to know, if people tell you you are genius they do that cause they are afraid of you could eat them; therefore, stay suspicious with people :D

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
:thelook:

Something screwy about this...

As it happens, it's on a CD somewhere, I can't be bothered to fish it out since I haven't looked at it for years. But it basically goes around the premise that, having been pretty much raised on medieval literature, I found it hard when at school I was expected to unquestioningly buy the standard line about how medieval art was the way it was because people didn't know about human bodies, proportion, perspective etc etc and that the Renaissance was when people started to learn about that stuff. I smelled a big fat sewer rat and thought hang on just a minute...

And it happened to be around the same time as I went to Egypt to visit a friend in Cairo, and of course I visited the pyramids and all that stuff. And I was looking at these ancient Egyptian works of art and how they stood there all screwy and with the eyes on the sides of the heads and the feet twisted round and all, right next to contemporary Roman and Greek statues of perfectly anatomical people. And I thought... hey... the Egyptians didn't do it because they didn't know about how to make things look realistic, because they obviously did, being surrounded also by Classical art. They must've chosen to do it that way for a reason; that style must've represented something to them that was important, which was why they clung onto the same style for thousands of years, despite the artistic innovations in the world around them.

So I put it together with what I knew of medieval culture already and medieval art, and figured y'know, the basic Byzantine style that was copied and elaborated on all over Europe for the best part of a thousand years, well, y'know they encountered other styles and stuff and especially the Italians and French, who still had these Classical statues around them and stuff, it's not like they didn't know that it was possible to make realistic pictures and sculptures. Like the Egyptians, they must've done things the way they did for a reason.

So I brainstormed and basically explained what that style of art meant to the medieval people, how it represented their worldview, why they weren't interested in realistic art and all that jazz. And I backed it up and proved it and everything with a lotta painstaking research and evidence.

And now I've derailed the thread and I'm bored anyway, so that's your lot! :D

Okay, now that is very interesting.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
I want my sons to play this at my funeral as they blast my corpse into the Sun in a gold sarcophagus covered in the blood of my enemies.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebInqG1pJI"]Ride the Lightning[/YOUTUBE]

Personally, I want this played at my funeral.

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo"]Monty Python[/YOUTUBE]

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sigh... Anything nice about female ENTPs?:cheese:

I knew only one female ENTP for certain.......and there was one thing VERY nice about her.......she had the most amazing singular skill which I will not describe in detail.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Personally, I want this played at my funeral.

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo"]Monty Python[/YOUTUBE]
hey! that's MY funeral song!!!
*sulking
... ok, I think we can both have it played at our funerals...

S

Sniffles

-They're quite fun to banter with.

-Although they can be annoying to debate often; they do make good conversation partners.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Their ability to produce A+ comedy/satire.

Life would be bland without 'em.

:)