• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Good Qualities of ENTPs

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
considering that if ENTJ is the evil dictator, then we're Rasputin...

Huge stereotype here.

Yes, ENTJ can seem like a freight train. A juggernaught that wont be stopped. But evil dictator? That would be the ESTJ.

Most average to healthy ENTJ are far too open-minded to be a dictator. J doesnt make you a dictator. Look at Saddam Hussein(ESTP).

Overall though, it's SJ in general that are dictators. Even the ISFJs are little dictators in a way. Over washing dishes and petty things like that. Emotional dictators. Their close-minded-living-off-precendents is what I find utterly boring and almost unbearable. The unoriginality and "fitting in" is repulsive to me. Even saying 'you should wear such and such to fit in better' in a way is social dictatorship, no?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Huge stereotype here.

Yes, ENTJ can seem like a freight train. A juggernaught that wont be stopped. But evil dictator? That would be the ESTJ...

Dude, relax :rolleyes: I wasn't talking about my perceptions, but I was precisely calling up the stereotypes that ENTJ and ENTP tend to be 'given' by some people quite often. For each time I've seen ENTJ's called evil dictators (and disagreed, personally), I've heard ENTP's called the evil manipulative power behind the throne, whose fault everything really is - aka Rasputin-stylee character.

Geddit? Sheesh.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
my 2 cents (and not necessarily just because i'm married to one)

- there is always a solution for every problem and the ENTP will find it
- fantastic with children, concerned with empowering them (and others as well)
- constantly expanding their knowledge of the world, never stagnant
- fiercely loyal
- persistence, hard worker
- perhaps the best teachers of all the types

I agree with everything except for the hard working part. I actually don't enjoy anything that is difficult and I have a terribly short attention span. Working is just too much work. I prefer doing things spontaneously and this often gets in the way of anything not fun.

*thread necromancy for ENTP marketing*

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
A good quality of ENTPs is that they have no bad qualities I can discern and I'm surprised this thread has been deemed necessary. :shock:
Oh, they have. They have.
I can name an ENTP drawback if I compare with every other type (*).
But.
I can name an ENTP asset, too, if I compare with every other type (*).

(*) Probably. I've tested with some of the types, not with all of them.

Doesn't everyone love ENTPs? :wubbie:
Maybe.
My real concern is not "are we loved", but... "are we useful"? (**)
Yes, I'm an incorrigible T.

(**) My answer on this one is a solid yes.

Thanks for this thread!

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
*thread necromancy for ENTP marketing*

Whoah.... thank you for doing it. Reading this casts sunshine in my face.

I disagree with the outgoing-part. Yes, ENTPs are really loyal, deep thinkers, some are really empathic and understanding. Maybe they tend to be very good teachers (I am working as teacher on my university, everytime it's a really creative atmosphere).

But there are some facts, which don't hold for every ENTP. Some are diffuse, so hard, that they are torpedoing their charismatic teaching skill. And not every ENTP is perfect in conversation, especially if the conversation-subject isn't professional. Sometimes they tend to be really bad and quiet, if they aren't experienced. But I am sure, that there's a special talent of learning this.

Yeah, and I like the story on the first page. I'll steal it ;)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
They are the most comical people ever
Have a great sense of adventure
Sensitive -They know when you are feeling down
They seem to know of websites that most people (OK, me) didn't know even existed
You can see the cogs going in their heads when explaining something, making the connections
They can get so engrossed in conversation
Incredibly loving to those close to them
Like to live life on their terms
So fricking smart yet seem to doubt their abilities sometimes

Love them :hug:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Whoah.... thank you for doing it. Reading this casts sunshine in my face.

I disagree with the outgoing-part. Yes, ENTPs are really loyal, deep thinkers, some are really empathic and understanding. Maybe they tend to be very good teachers (I am working as teacher on my university, everytime it's a really creative atmosphere).

But there are some facts, which don't hold for every ENTP. Some are diffuse, so hard, that they are torpedoing their charismatic teaching skill. And not every ENTP is perfect in conversation, especially if the conversation-subject isn't professional. Sometimes they tend to be really bad and quiet, if they aren't experienced. But I am sure, that there's a special talent of learning this.

Yeah, and I like the story on the first page. I'll steal it ;)

Good points all. The bold section is important. While we're generally gregarious, we also don't like being disregarded as overly "random".

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
True.
I can talk about anything I know.
If I'm not familiar with the subject, I can't say anything. Either I withdraw, feeling awkward, or I want to turn the conversation subject into something "more interesting", appearing selfish. I've got quite often the comment that I should talk about other people's interests too, instead of making everything about me!

The same holds with exams. My brother-in-law studies three quarters of the course, connects the dots, gets lucky at the exam, and improvises on the parts he didn't study.
If I studied only three quarters, I would be too nervous even to answer correctly the questions about the part I studied! I have to study the WHOLE thing.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Very protective of those they care about. I'm pretty independent but my ENTP makes me feel happy to let him take care of me. It's cute how it really bothers him if I just say something like, “I'm hungry”. lol

Qre:us

- I don't get duped or played...by anyone, unless it's willing on my part, for a greater plan.

- I'm pretty darn optimistic, I'm good at finding the silver lining in shyte.

- I can be super productive in super short periods of time

- I thrive on chaos

- I am quite curious and never stop inquiring or curbing another's inquiry. I am very generous with my knowledge as I hope others will be the same.

- I am a walking contradiction - I can be super-silly, child-like, and in the blink of an eye, take on a 'serious' debate and contribute to it. This is perplexing to quite a lot of people, and why they seem to want to know more about me.

- It is very hard to rattle me - I'm a pretty chill, laidback type of person.

- I'm very at ease with strangers and strange situations. They'll usually be laughing, if not smiling, within a few minutes of interaction between us (depends on my mood though).

- It's very rare for me to feel like a foreigner anywhere, even if I travel to places I've never been before. My attempts at hand-speak/charades are quite hilarious for some locals.

- I am not being random - but, some of my really good friends are animals. I enjoy and can spend a lot of time having fun with animals and children, and with the latter, it's giggle fits all throughout.

- The world has a way of 'bending to my whims'/I'm quite frequently "lucky"....I dunno exactly how this gets accomplished repeatedly.

- I don't take myself too seriously.

- contrary to stereotypes, I'm very humble about my accomplishments, in that I hardly ever mention it...and friends are sometimes quite suprised to hear about certain parts of my history from random external sources.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
-Fun people to be around
-Almost any conversation that I have with an ENTP is interesting
-They seem pretty smart
-If they actually care about you, they will hold back a bit and not overwhelm you/hurt your feelings in some way
-I've found that I can pretty much talk to an ENTP about anything (easy to trust, which seems to be the opposite of what a lot of people think)
-The ideas that they generate help me out a lot

etc...

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If they actually care about you, they will hold back a bit and not overwhelm you/hurt your feelings in some way

Yes, I find them to be kind people.
Also loyal in their way, and
they don't hold a grudge

They're really good for teaching other types how to go with the flow. They seem to proceed with the certainty that things will work out, which is nice to be around.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, I find them to be kind people.
Also loyal in their way, and
they don't hold a grudge

They're really good for teaching other types how to go with the flow. They seem to proceed with the certainty that things will work out, which is nice to be around.

Everything will work out. At the very least, it won't matter much in 100 years.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F5nVGfsOmE"]Let's Live for Today[/YOUTUBE]

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very helpful in getting through a day...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So its even god qualities for entps now; you know that really wasnt necessary ;)

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
This is a good thread to read when things are difficult. Helps me remember my 'can-do.' :D