Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    considering that if ENTJ is the evil dictator, then we're Rasputin...
    Huge stereotype here.

Yes, ENTJ can seem like a freight train. A juggernaught that wont be stopped. But evil dictator? That would be the ESTJ.

Most average to healthy ENTJ are far too open-minded to be a dictator. J doesnt make you a dictator. Look at Saddam Hussein(ESTP).

Overall though, it's SJ in general that are dictators. Even the ISFJs are little dictators in a way. Over washing dishes and petty things like that. Emotional dictators. Their close-minded-living-off-precendents is what I find utterly boring and almost unbearable. The unoriginality and "fitting in" is repulsive to me. Even saying 'you should wear such and such to fit in better' in a way is social dictatorship, no?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Huge stereotype here.

Yes, ENTJ can seem like a freight train. A juggernaught that wont be stopped. But evil dictator? That would be the ESTJ...
    Dude, relax I wasn't talking about my perceptions, but I was precisely calling up the stereotypes that ENTJ and ENTP tend to be 'given' by some people quite often. For each time I've seen ENTJ's called evil dictators (and disagreed, personally), I've heard ENTP's called the evil manipulative power behind the throne, whose fault everything really is - aka Rasputin-stylee character.

Geddit? Sheesh.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by moth View Post
    my 2 cents (and not necessarily just because i'm married to one)

- there is always a solution for every problem and the ENTP will find it
    - fantastic with children, concerned with empowering them (and others as well)
    - constantly expanding their knowledge of the world, never stagnant
    - fiercely loyal
    - persistence, hard worker
    - perhaps the best teachers of all the types
    I agree with everything except for the hard working part. I actually don't enjoy anything that is difficult and I have a terribly short attention span. Working is just too much work. I prefer doing things spontaneously and this often gets in the way of anything not fun.

*thread necromancy for ENTP marketing*
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by xNFJiminy View Post
    A good quality of ENTPs is that they have no bad qualities I can discern and I'm surprised this thread has been deemed necessary.
    Oh, they have. They have.
    I can name an ENTP drawback if I compare with every other type (*).
    But.
    I can name an ENTP asset, too, if I compare with every other type (*).

(*) Probably. I've tested with some of the types, not with all of them.

Doesn't everyone love ENTPs?
    Maybe.
    My real concern is not "are we loved", but... "are we useful"? (**)
    Yes, I'm an incorrigible T.

(**) My answer on this one is a solid yes.

Thanks for this thread!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    *thread necromancy for ENTP marketing*
    Whoah.... thank you for doing it. Reading this casts sunshine in my face.

I disagree with the outgoing-part. Yes, ENTPs are really loyal, deep thinkers, some are really empathic and understanding. Maybe they tend to be very good teachers (I am working as teacher on my university, everytime it's a really creative atmosphere).

But there are some facts, which don't hold for every ENTP. Some are diffuse, so hard, that they are torpedoing their charismatic teaching skill. And not every ENTP is perfect in conversation, especially if the conversation-subject isn't professional. Sometimes they tend to be really bad and quiet, if they aren't experienced. But I am sure, that there's a special talent of learning this.

Yeah, and I like the story on the first page. I'll steal it
    ** Upgrading my english **
    Corrections for my language are willingly seen

Enneagram: 7w6

MBTI
    ESFJ

They are the most comical people ever
    Have a great sense of adventure
    Sensitive -They know when you are feeling down
    They seem to know of websites that most people (OK, me) didn't know even existed
    You can see the cogs going in their heads when explaining something, making the connections
    They can get so engrossed in conversation
    Incredibly loving to those close to them
    Like to live life on their terms
    So fricking smart yet seem to doubt their abilities sometimes

Love them
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid and Flammable View Post
    Whoah.... thank you for doing it. Reading this casts sunshine in my face.

I disagree with the outgoing-part. Yes, ENTPs are really loyal, deep thinkers, some are really empathic and understanding. Maybe they tend to be very good teachers (I am working as teacher on my university, everytime it's a really creative atmosphere).

But there are some facts, which don't hold for every ENTP. Some are diffuse, so hard, that they are torpedoing their charismatic teaching skill. And not every ENTP is perfect in conversation, especially if the conversation-subject isn't professional. Sometimes they tend to be really bad and quiet, if they aren't experienced. But I am sure, that there's a special talent of learning this.

Yeah, and I like the story on the first page. I'll steal it
    Good points all. The bold section is important. While we're generally gregarious, we also don't like being disregarded as overly "random".

MBTI
    ENTP

True.
    I can talk about anything I know.
    If I'm not familiar with the subject, I can't say anything. Either I withdraw, feeling awkward, or I want to turn the conversation subject into something "more interesting", appearing selfish. I've got quite often the comment that I should talk about other people's interests too, instead of making everything about me!

The same holds with exams. My brother-in-law studies three quarters of the course, connects the dots, gets lucky at the exam, and improvises on the parts he didn't study.
    If I studied only three quarters, I would be too nervous even to answer correctly the questions about the part I studied! I have to study the WHOLE thing.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Very protective of those they care about. I'm pretty independent but my ENTP makes me feel happy to let him take care of me. It's cute how it really bothers him if I just say something like, I'm hungry. lol

- I don't get duped or played...by anyone, unless it's willing on my part, for a greater plan.

- I'm pretty darn optimistic, I'm good at finding the silver lining in shyte.

- I can be super productive in super short periods of time

- I thrive on chaos

- I am quite curious and never stop inquiring or curbing another's inquiry. I am very generous with my knowledge as I hope others will be the same.

- I am a walking contradiction - I can be super-silly, child-like, and in the blink of an eye, take on a 'serious' debate and contribute to it. This is perplexing to quite a lot of people, and why they seem to want to know more about me.

- It is very hard to rattle me - I'm a pretty chill, laidback type of person.

- I'm very at ease with strangers and strange situations. They'll usually be laughing, if not smiling, within a few minutes of interaction between us (depends on my mood though).

- It's very rare for me to feel like a foreigner anywhere, even if I travel to places I've never been before. My attempts at hand-speak/charades are quite hilarious for some locals.

- I am not being random - but, some of my really good friends are animals. I enjoy and can spend a lot of time having fun with animals and children, and with the latter, it's giggle fits all throughout.

- The world has a way of 'bending to my whims'/I'm quite frequently "lucky"....I dunno exactly how this gets accomplished repeatedly.

- I don't take myself too seriously.

- contrary to stereotypes, I'm very humble about my accomplishments, in that I hardly ever mention it...and friends are sometimes quite suprised to hear about certain parts of my history from random external sources.