User Tag List

First 23456 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    They also take criticism well, tend to be humble about their achievements.
    *nods* I see this one quite frequently in ENTPs. They're also one of the very few types around that would consider the merit of my random ideas. I like them a lot.

MBTI
    GONE

Default From an ENt/fP

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    They also take criticism well, tend to be humble about their achievements.
    Up until the 'humble about their achievements' part I was goign to jump in and ask if I can be an honorary ENTP. Because ENFP's are pretty cool too but nobody is talking about us on these forums dang it!

I'm right on the cusp of T/F as I like to say that I think with my heart and feel with my brain -- I mean seriously how do you separate the two? I made the conscious decision as a late adolescent to lose the T and be more F b/c I thought I was too cold and unapproachable, and hey, I like people and I wanted more friends in life. Now I'm too F and it drives me nuts b/c I know I let people get away with murder when they really (for their and my and everyone else's good) need to be checked.

But reading some of the posts on this forum and retesting on other sites, I'm thinking the T/F part of the equation isn't quantifiable for me -- so I'll embrace all the praise for an ENTP *and* ENFP. Thanks much.

And since apparently talking smack like a pro is an ENTP trait, I feel proud to call myself a sometimes ENTP.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    *nods* I see this one quite frequently in ENTPs.
    Sometimes it's humility, and sometimes it's a tactic.

Nothing makes a hot-to-argue INTP squirm worse than telling him "I never thought of it that way--you're probably right" and walking away.

[snerk!]

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post

Nothing makes a hot-to-argue INTP squirm worse than telling him "I never thought of it that way--you're probably right" and walking away.

[snerk!]
    I dont recognize that from myself at all, but perhaps that's because I'm just a visiting INTP. If I were to convince someone of something, I'd be happy if he/she accepted the conclusions without a fight. Besides, it would only be a fight by the reasons that he/she would make it a fight

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    *nods* I see this one quite frequently in ENTPs. They're also one of the very few types around that would consider the merit of my random ideas. I like them a lot.
    Oh, hey...nice avatar.

Be careful, though...there are several cats around here, and at least one owl.

[snerk!]
    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I dont recognize that from myself at all, but perhaps that's because I'm just a visiting INTP. If I were to convince someone of something, I'd be happy if he/she accepted the conclusions without a fight. Besides, it would only be a fight by the reasons that he/she would make it a fight
    Actually, I do see that in myself. Though, I think, my intentions are misinterpreted when this happens. I actually prefer loosing arguments (based on solid reasoning) than winning them (where I would have learned neraly nothing).

ENTPs (in my experience) seem to be the best at winning arguments based on sound reasoning (bringing in things that are well outside of the current considerations, but still relevant) .

It is always disappointing when an intelligent person fails to convince me of something I don't currently believe. It feels like an opportunity lost to fundamentally change my thinking.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Actually, I do see that in myself. Though, I think, my intentions are misinterpreted when this happens. I actually prefer loosing arguments (based on solid reasoning) than winning them (where I would have learned neraly nothing).

ENTPs (in my experience) seem to be the best at winning arguments based on sound reasoning (bringing in things that are well outside of the current considerations, but still relevant) .

It is always disappointing when an intelligent person fails to convince me of something I don't currently believe. It feels like an opportunity lost to fundamentally change my thinking.
    I recognize two flavors of losing, and I have not specified exactly which I've ment: this has given unintended ambiguity for my statements.

Losing, as I think it is seen (and defined) in common meaning:
    1) Not being able to convince the other party about the rightfulness of your positions, or being unable to make them accept your terms.
    2) Having one's false views exposed, or having one's proposals made publicly seem as false and undesirable.
    3) Being forced to admit having been wrong.

Losing, as I understand it in my world view, and how I would hope it to be seen:
    1) Losing by external standards: not being able to publicly defend a truthful position against an adversary, or not being able to convince another party to accept a correct view on a subject, or having one's flawed argumentation tactics seen.
    2) Losing by internal standards: holding an incorrect view despite having the weight of evidence to the contrary, not being able to use adequate proofs despite knowledge of the subject, or resorting to flawed argumentation tactics, not turning an external losing situation for internal improvement, or not admitting having lost in argumentation, if one has actually lost.

MBTI
    ENFP

i know one entp male, very oppinionated, great fun, a private show off,but not too loud, talented, can sell sand to the egyptians, charming
    gods gift to women type, wont side with anyone in particular, sees both sides of the dissagreement, likes to settle things so both parties can fully understand where they both stand, a good mediator. very adventurous, spontaneous, innocently annoying but funny tormentors, head of the household type,likes to make an entrance, needs passion, loves to win, very determined, playful.

MBTI
    INTJ

my 2 cents (and not necessarily just because i'm married to one)

- there is always a solution for every problem and the ENTP will find it
    - fantastic with children, concerned with empowering them (and others as well)
    - constantly expanding their knowledge of the world, never stagnant
    - fiercely loyal
    - persistence, hard worker
    - perhaps the best teachers of all the types
    Men are disturbed not by the things which happen, but by their opinions about the things; for example, death is nothing terrible, for if it were, it would have seemed so to Socrates; for the opinion about death, that it is terrible, that is the terrible thing.

MBTI
    INXP

Oh, hey...nice avatar.

Be careful, though...there are several cats around here, and at least one owl.
    And some of them hunt in pairs. A tiger whom I know fairly well hunts with an owl of the saw-whet variety.

As for ENTPs, several of the ones on this board have a way of wording things that makes me laugh--with humor being their intention, I would assume. Otherwise, I'll have to move this post to a rant thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.