User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by xNFJiminy View Post
    Doesn't everyone love ENTPs?
    I don't know, but I do think xNFJiminy loves one!

MBTI
    ERTP

now im even more exited!

i think the reason medieval art looks the way it does is because of a certain cosmopolitan feeling to the whole of the middle ages (only one chruch, france/germany/italy united etc.) AND the fact that the artist/craftman dichtonomy hadn't yet permeaded western civilization as such.

consequently, medieval art needed a sort of common framework to work within; - to preserve that unity/cosmopolitanism in its aestetics.

am I wrong?
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    now im even more exited!

i think the reason medieval art looks the way it does is because of a certain cosmopolitan feeling to the whole of the middle ages (only one chruch, france/germany/italy united etc.) AND the fact that the artist/craftman dichtonomy hadn't yet permeaded western civilization as such.

consequently, medieval art needed a sort of common framework to work within; - to preserve that unity/cosmopolitanism in its aestetics.

am I wrong?
    Not entirely wrong, just not the full picture either. I'll PM it to save boring everyone to death lol
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    ...But it basically goes around the premise that, having been pretty much raised on medieval literature, I found it hard when at school I was expected to unquestioningly buy the standard line about how medieval art was the way it was because people didn't know about human bodies, proportion, perspective etc etc and that the Renaissance was when people started to learn about that stuff. I smelled a big fat sewer rat and thought hang on just a minute...

And it happened to be around the same time as I went to Egypt to visit a friend in Cairo, and of course I visited the pyramids and all that stuff. And I was looking at these ancient Egyptian works of art and how they stood there all screwy and with the eyes on the sides of the heads and the feet twisted round and all, right next to contemporary Roman and Greek statues of perfectly anatomical people. And I thought... hey... the Egyptians didn't do it because they didn't know about how to make things look realistic, because they obviously did, being surrounded also by Classical art. They must've chosen to do it that way for a reason; that style must've represented something to them that was important, which was why they clung onto the same style for thousands of years, despite the artistic innovations in the world around them.

So I put it together with what I knew of medieval culture already and medieval art, and figured y'know, the basic Byzantine style that was copied and elaborated on all over Europe for the best part of a thousand years, well, y'know they encountered other styles and stuff and especially the Italians and French, who still had these Classical statues around them and stuff, it's not like they didn't know that it was possible to make realistic pictures and sculptures. Like the Egyptians, they must've done things the way they did for a reason.

So I brainstormed and basically explained what that style of art meant to the medieval people, how it represented their worldview, why they weren't interested in realistic art and all that jazz. And I backed it up and proved it and everything with a lotta painstaking research and evidence. ...
    Very cool!
    I like that!

MBTI
    infp

-Hilarious
    -Very intelligent
    -Have an amazing creativity. I know some ENTP's who have the most amazing, hilarious, weird, intelligent ways of presenting their ideas.
    -Love a good discussion. I find them fun in this sense because they always try to test you just to see how far you can take yourself. However, I often hit a dead end before they do, because eventually I run out of logic and my ideas become more and more illogical.
    -Definately very open minded
    -Confident, and the ones I know seem to be very happy with who they are. One proudly proclaimed he was a very selfish person I find this to be a good thing.

They are just generally fun people...

MBTI
    xNFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tayshaun View Post
    I don't know, but I do think xNFJiminy loves one!
    But that statement was impeccably objective and reasonable!

Curse my transparency. :redface:

MBTI
    ENTP

Always ready with an impromptu analogy for every occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    Exciting. Never bored or boring.
    Um... I wake up bored every morning. I think I was born bored. That's the reason why I'm always doing crazy stuff. ANYTHING to relieve the interminable boredom of the same old shit.
    Last edited by substitute; 10-13-2007 at 07:31 PM.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    This is true. I have a PhD motherfuckers. From Cambridge dammit. And yet I get condescended to and treated like some kind of bimbo with no attention span, by people whose greatest achievement is reaching 'that level' on WoW!

(or whatever, I never played it... better things to do )

And I have to listen to people going on about the 'shallow' range of ENTP knowledge and how we don't really know anything in depth, and how we're not deep thinkers and blah blah blah....zzzzz
    This made me LMAO!!!

Usually what I do when I meet an obvious intellectual is start acting like an INTP. Then once they believe I'm an intellectual too, I starting doing more crazy "extraverted" stuff to mess with their heads.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    This made me LMAO!!!

Usually what I do when I meet an obvious intellectual is start acting like an INTP. Then once they believe I'm an intellectual too, I starting doing more crazy "extraverted" stuff to mess with their heads.
    Oh no, I do the opposite - just play up to the image of the scatty-minded bimbo they think I am, and then occasionally interject some erudite little bombshell into their monologue, watch them do a double take, then carry on sweeping the floor casually.

Or the heckling thing - where you ask them an unexpected question that calls into question all the assumptions their case was built on, and watch them squirm!

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post

1. Generally Fun to hang out with
    2. Most intellectually under-rated NT type
    3. Most likely to help you understand something you didn't understand before
    4. One of the few truly open minded types
    5. skilled in many different areas
    6. Does and says all the things I wish I had the guts to do or say
    They also take criticism well, tend to be humble about their achievements.