User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    My younger sister once bemoaned the fact that I was "so much smarter than her." I told her the following story:...
    Heh yeah, I like that. It's daring to step onto the ladder, that's the only difference I think... maybe a lotta people think they'll fall off it, or that it's not worth it, or something... I just figure there's no harm in trying.

I wouldn't ever say I was cleverer than others, but I have often thought that I'm braver. Well, I don't know if it is real courage a lot of the time... recklessness maybe... but sometimes I think it's actually faith. I'm not afraid because I believe everything will be fine. Whether the faith is in God, myself, other people, providence... I don't know. Probably a combination of all of them.

It's so simple... just keep an eye out for what's ahead and be ready to duck before it hits you. I don't get why/how not everyone gets it. It's just a video game... life is like a video game... you get to know a lot of the levels and how they run, and when you've done a lot of levels and a lot of different games you get to be able to do new ones perfect first time.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Oberon

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Dum vivimus, vivamus!
    Totally. That's why I do the bonus levels so I can learn all the little flips and stuff
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    ERTP

hey substitude, can we read that medieval thing that made you a doctor? maybe a sample chapter or something? i for one am interested

i am enrolled in a history MA programme and every assingment ends like a tug o war between what i want to do and my superviser wants me to do
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    hey substitude, can we read that medieval thing that made you a doctor? maybe a sample chapter or something? i for one am interested

i am enrolled in a history MA programme and every assingment ends like a tug o war between what i want to do and my superviser wants me to do

Though I don't know you, I like to see the creative works of people I meet. Only one of my friends has finished his Ph.D. and I read his dissertation w/o him asking (or knowing that I did so, come to think of it)

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    xNFJ

A good quality of ENTPs is that they have no bad qualities I can discern and I'm surprised this thread has been deemed necessary. Doesn't everyone love ENTPs?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Very stimulating, inexhaustible storehouses of questions.

Get very enthusiastic when they realize something could be interesting, which happens to them often.

Are going to act even when they know people will interpret it as bossy and arrogant. A very common misinterpretation of ENTPs by the way.

Sometimes make people around them ready to take risks, because of their infectious spirit.

Sometimes remind me of INTPs who would not be afraid to speak out loud when the thinking process is still in a phase the INTP would consider 'too-early-and empty-shaky-and-illegible' to talk about. This allows amazing heuristic moments when ENTPs and other people ready to think meet.

MBTI
    INtP

I find ENTPs quite similar to INTPs, atleast on a personal level. An ENTP reminds me of an INTP whom 'has it on' - an INTP who is willing to give up over-analyzing everything for now and is just going for it or has somewhat finalized his/her masterplan, putting it into action.
    That's why, you guys are quite neat.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    ...treated like some kind of bimbo with no attention span...
    I thought that when it comes to ENTPs, that was completely tr

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post

Though I don't know you, I like to see the creative works of people I meet. Only one of my friends has finished his Ph.D. and I read his dissertation w/o him asking (or knowing that I did so, come to think of it)

Something screwy about this...

As it happens, it's on a CD somewhere, I can't be bothered to fish it out since I haven't looked at it for years. But it basically goes around the premise that, having been pretty much raised on medieval literature, I found it hard when at school I was expected to unquestioningly buy the standard line about how medieval art was the way it was because people didn't know about human bodies, proportion, perspective etc etc and that the Renaissance was when people started to learn about that stuff. I smelled a big fat sewer rat and thought hang on just a minute...

And it happened to be around the same time as I went to Egypt to visit a friend in Cairo, and of course I visited the pyramids and all that stuff. And I was looking at these ancient Egyptian works of art and how they stood there all screwy and with the eyes on the sides of the heads and the feet twisted round and all, right next to contemporary Roman and Greek statues of perfectly anatomical people. And I thought... hey... the Egyptians didn't do it because they didn't know about how to make things look realistic, because they obviously did, being surrounded also by Classical art. They must've chosen to do it that way for a reason; that style must've represented something to them that was important, which was why they clung onto the same style for thousands of years, despite the artistic innovations in the world around them.

So I put it together with what I knew of medieval culture already and medieval art, and figured y'know, the basic Byzantine style that was copied and elaborated on all over Europe for the best part of a thousand years, well, y'know they encountered other styles and stuff and especially the Italians and French, who still had these Classical statues around them and stuff, it's not like they didn't know that it was possible to make realistic pictures and sculptures. Like the Egyptians, they must've done things the way they did for a reason.

So I brainstormed and basically explained what that style of art meant to the medieval people, how it represented their worldview, why they weren't interested in realistic art and all that jazz. And I backed it up and proved it and everything with a lotta painstaking research and evidence.

And now I've derailed the thread and I'm bored anyway, so that's your lot!

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Exciting. Never bored or boring.