• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs being too critical.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^Wholeheartedly disagree, at least ime :)

Onewithsoul: I know, it's annoying when a thread seems to almost get derailed and goes off in another direction than the one yo uwanted it to go, because of something that doesn't seem that important to you, but somehow is to others and all you want is someone to address the point you were trying to make, or the intent behind the post. I've had that happen to.

Look, one way or another though, you're going to have to live with these people. Don't write them off..yet. Just keep your emotional defenses up around them and go into observation mode, giving them the benefit of the doubt. They might just prove to be more valuable than you think atm. You never know if you can learn something from them or exchange experiences. But also don't waste any emotional energy on them and see if you can find someone who is appreciative of your way of being and vice versa coz you will need it :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By the way, I was thinking this yesterday already but couldn't be bothered mentioning it.

But what is stopping you from going in against those NT's? They put forth their opinion, you put forth yours. In the grand scheme of things, the ENTIRE issue is subjective and if they're truely NT's and are attempting to go up against your different point of view. You could totally tackle and embarras the NT's on that point alone.

Just a thought.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
By the way, I was thinking this yesterday already but couldn't be bothered mentioning it.

But what is stopping you from going in against those NT's? They put forth their opinion, you put forth yours. In the grand scheme of things, the ENTIRE issue is subjective and if they're truely NT's and are attempting to go up against your different point of view. You could totally tackle and embarras the NT's on that point alone.

Just a thought.
And I appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to our next discussion soon so that I can challenge them.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wasn't in the first place, I was just stating a complaint and that it was annoying. Is that such a bad thing? Maybe I should have posted this in the NF Private Forum, but then again, I didn't really think about it. As for pissing and moaning, it is all a result of overly redundant posts accusing me of typing my classmates wrong. It shouldn't matter if my statistics are wrong. There is at least a few in my class room that I am addressing. Try reading over some of the other posts before jumping that boat, my friend.

Accusation or clarification? They're different but sound the same when it comes from an NT. If you're not prepared to be questioned, you have to expect these kinds of frustrations around them. In the end, many want to understand as much as you want to be understood. Also, to believe one's perception is infalible is inevitably the biggest falicy.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Because he's talking about teenagers. They're not exactly known for diplomacy in the first place and the way he describes them, I'd say they're not really open to the idea of being diplomatic at this point. It seems they're more interested in venting frustration.

Oh yea you're right, I was a complete asshole as a teen.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
So today was the first day of school. I'm a junior, and I'm taking an AP English Composition course.

The class is NT dominant. To guess, I'd say 75% of the class is NT.

We were having a discussion on books we've read in past years, past teachers we've had, and authors we like/dislike. Except, it wasn't really a discussion. It was more like the NTs criticizing and making fun of almost every single book we brought up, hating on a lot of the teachers we've had, and thinking they are better than half of the famous authors we covered. God, must be such an ego booster, being in that class. Thinking you are ahead of the game, thinking you know it all, when you can't back that up.

Immature NTs piss me off.

And it seems to be a common trend. They are so closed off to anything that they do not find logical, right, true, mathematically correct, or physically possible. They seem to make fun of teachers the most, and they have some of the biggest egos.

But I'm only talking about immature NTs.

Try to hang in there. NT's can be awfully painful for NF's to handle. ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
They don't sound terribly intellectual to me.

I know, right? I'm not necessarily getting NT from this behavior at all. It sounds like a bunch of loud-mouth immaturity, and I couldn't really assign it a type. TEENAGERS.

I was lucky, I guess. I took AP English in high school and my classmates weren't like this at all. In fact, from the way you describe them, these kids actually sound behaviorly disturbed not gifted. In fact, I found my AP classes as a place away from that kind of garbage that seemed more common in basic classes.

I wouldn't feel too bad about being an NF if I were you. I made a perfect score on the AP Lit exam my senior year and I'm an NF.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know the MBTI ratios of the OP's class, but my AP English class was a few NFs/NTs/SJs, and a lot of SPs who shot their mouths off. IME ESxP from a "witty" high schooler can look like smartass NT, but there's little substance when they're motormouthing the whole class on a book they never even read.

This.:yes:

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Let the hate consume you :devil: join the dark side onewithsoul, the evil NT dark side.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:rofl1:
As a matter of fact, I wasn't . . . Just saw this now. But as you have chosen to address me, I will post again.

Ignoring the factual inaccuracy of the statement re "disagreeing with everything that is said" :rolli: . . .

This thread has made abundantly clear that the problems of close-mindedness and obnoxiousness towards alternate viewpoints are ones you at best share with your classmates or at worst have and are projecting onto your not-so-blameworthy classmates. Your posts here suggest the latter.
Your unreflective and closed-off attitude do not help you. Take a look at yourself. It will do you some good.

Pearls before swine, my dear. ;)

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Some of you are missing my point. I'm probably not being specific enough.

We were talking about To Kill a Mockingbird, for instance, and it happens to be a book I thoroughly enjoyed. But instead of being able to express this, the discussion came with some boos and groans. They said it was poorly written, and shouldn't be a prized piece of literature as it's plot is ridiculous because it happened to be one of the authors only published works.

I mean...seriously? Are you just saying that because you didn't find it interested? Do they not like to admit something was boring, but find the need to rationalize and use the excuse that it was poorly written to cover up this?

My GOD I have never heard so much whining in a post :doh: if you do not like their opinions on so-and-so than REFUTE IT. Stop sitting there with that dazed and confuse look on your face and state your opinions on whatever it is that you disagree with. If they are true NTs they would be able to give you detailed examples of WHY they did not like the following reading. The thing about growing up is learning when and how to voice your opinion.

And why do you care anyway? Life lesson number two, people have different views on things and don't get so butthurt if someone doesn't agree with you. Agree to disagree and move on.

If you loved the book, then say it. And this kind of shit does not end in high school, it happens even more so in college. Stand yo' ground hommie.