First 311121314 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^^Wholeheartedly disagree, at least ime

Onewithsoul: I know, it's annoying when a thread seems to almost get derailed and goes off in another direction than the one yo uwanted it to go, because of something that doesn't seem that important to you, but somehow is to others and all you want is someone to address the point you were trying to make, or the intent behind the post. I've had that happen to.

Look, one way or another though, you're going to have to live with these people. Don't write them off..yet. Just keep your emotional defenses up around them and go into observation mode, giving them the benefit of the doubt. They might just prove to be more valuable than you think atm. You never know if you can learn something from them or exchange experiences. But also don't waste any emotional energy on them and see if you can find someone who is appreciative of your way of being and vice versa coz you will need it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

By the way, I was thinking this yesterday already but couldn't be bothered mentioning it.

But what is stopping you from going in against those NT's? They put forth their opinion, you put forth yours. In the grand scheme of things, the ENTIRE issue is subjective and if they're truely NT's and are attempting to go up against your different point of view. You could totally tackle and embarras the NT's on that point alone.

Just a thought.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    By the way, I was thinking this yesterday already but couldn't be bothered mentioning it.

But what is stopping you from going in against those NT's? They put forth their opinion, you put forth yours. In the grand scheme of things, the ENTIRE issue is subjective and if they're truely NT's and are attempting to go up against your different point of view. You could totally tackle and embarras the NT's on that point alone.

Just a thought.
    And I appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to our next discussion soon so that I can challenge them.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I wasn't in the first place, I was just stating a complaint and that it was annoying. Is that such a bad thing? Maybe I should have posted this in the NF Private Forum, but then again, I didn't really think about it. As for pissing and moaning, it is all a result of overly redundant posts accusing me of typing my classmates wrong. It shouldn't matter if my statistics are wrong. There is at least a few in my class room that I am addressing. Try reading over some of the other posts before jumping that boat, my friend.
    Accusation or clarification? They're different but sound the same when it comes from an NT. If you're not prepared to be questioned, you have to expect these kinds of frustrations around them. In the end, many want to understand as much as you want to be understood. Also, to believe one's perception is infalible is inevitably the biggest falicy.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Because he's talking about teenagers. They're not exactly known for diplomacy in the first place and the way he describes them, I'd say they're not really open to the idea of being diplomatic at this point. It seems they're more interested in venting frustration.
    Oh yea you're right, I was a complete asshole as a teen.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    So today was the first day of school. I'm a junior, and I'm taking an AP English Composition course.

The class is NT dominant. To guess, I'd say 75% of the class is NT.

We were having a discussion on books we've read in past years, past teachers we've had, and authors we like/dislike. Except, it wasn't really a discussion. It was more like the NTs criticizing and making fun of almost every single book we brought up, hating on a lot of the teachers we've had, and thinking they are better than half of the famous authors we covered. God, must be such an ego booster, being in that class. Thinking you are ahead of the game, thinking you know it all, when you can't back that up.

Immature NTs piss me off.

And it seems to be a common trend. They are so closed off to anything that they do not find logical, right, true, mathematically correct, or physically possible. They seem to make fun of teachers the most, and they have some of the biggest egos.

But I'm only talking about immature NTs.
    Try to hang in there. NT's can be awfully painful for NF's to handle.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    They don't sound terribly intellectual to me.
    I know, right? I'm not necessarily getting NT from this behavior at all. It sounds like a bunch of loud-mouth immaturity, and I couldn't really assign it a type. TEENAGERS.

I was lucky, I guess. I took AP English in high school and my classmates weren't like this at all. In fact, from the way you describe them, these kids actually sound behaviorly disturbed not gifted. In fact, I found my AP classes as a place away from that kind of garbage that seemed more common in basic classes.

I wouldn't feel too bad about being an NF if I were you. I made a perfect score on the AP Lit exam my senior year and I'm an NF.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I don't know the MBTI ratios of the OP's class, but my AP English class was a few NFs/NTs/SJs, and a lot of SPs who shot their mouths off. IME ESxP from a "witty" high schooler can look like smartass NT, but there's little substance when they're motormouthing the whole class on a book they never even read.
    This.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Let the hate consume you join the dark side onewithsoul, the evil NT dark side.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post

As a matter of fact, I wasn't . . . Just saw this now. But as you have chosen to address me, I will post again.

Ignoring the factual inaccuracy of the statement re "disagreeing with everything that is said" :rolli: . . .

This thread has made abundantly clear that the problems of close-mindedness and obnoxiousness towards alternate viewpoints are ones you at best share with your classmates or at worst have and are projecting onto your not-so-blameworthy classmates. Your posts here suggest the latter.
    Your unreflective and closed-off attitude do not help you. Take a look at yourself. It will do you some good.
    Pearls before swine, my dear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.