User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Or compelling discussion. Ya never know. The classmates might keep up the snotty intellectualism, or they might respect knowledge of things they don't know.

Snotty intellectualism FTW, probably, but who can tell until it's tried?

Silliest thing I ever did in Lit class was get just a little too into the role of Stanley Kowalski. It was an informal reading in class of A Streetcar Named Desire, everyone still in their seats. I read the last lines of the play just before the bell and, Gawd help me, put feeling into them, making Stan's last words--or mine--sound menacing and sexual.

Did I blush? Oh, I blushed. No one said a word.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL, well it would appear they were blown away...that must've been adorable though

And perhaps you're right, that they might actually gain something from it and actually let go of their negativity. But for people who do not enjoy conflict or negativity in a discussion..that's a big risk to take, I find. Still, thats for One to judge, whether or not it is worth the risk

Interesting though..usually it's NFs that suggest tolerance and openmindedness, and giving people the benefit of the doubt..and often we're considered nave for it. Refreshing to see it come from an INTJ..as well is intruiging
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    InaF, why are you still here? I'm honestly extremely curious as to why you've decided you'll disagree with nearly everything that is said here.

Just strikes me as odd that you'd continue to post here even though you probably knew your opinion was a dying hope. Because, honestly, I don't give a fuck what you to say.

As a matter of fact, I wasn't . . . Just saw this now. But as you have chosen to address me, I will post again.

Ignoring the factual inaccuracy of the statement re "disagreeing with everything that is said" :rolli: . . .

This thread has made abundantly clear that the problems of close-mindedness and obnoxiousness towards alternate viewpoints are ones you at best share with your classmates or at worst have and are projecting onto your not-so-blameworthy classmates. Your posts here suggest the latter.
    Your unreflective and closed-off attitude do not help you. Take a look at yourself. It will do you some good.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

OneWithSoul - If you're looking to just piss and moan and get hugs you should be doing it in the NF Private forum. Out here at least expect some questions for clarification so that an understanding can be developed first. Basically whine where it's appropreate or man up...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

hmm... I know I personally have had a lot of struggles and misunderstandings and unpleasantnesses with ENFP's on the basis that they honestly feel that I'm constantly criticizing them, whilst I feel, just as strongly, that I am not. What I've found most difficult about trying to solve that situation is that, once the ENFP believes I'm critical of them and that I think I'm better than them, they read everything I say in that light, and lose all trust in there being pretty much any goodness in me as a person, so it's almost impossible for me to defend myself or set the record straight, without in fact every word I say only making the situation worse.

I'm sure it looks different from their point of view, and I'd love to be able to listen to them calmly telling me their point of view, but all I seem to get instead is a barrage of accusations and what I strongly feel are very mean spirited twistings of the things I say, to use them as evidence of what an asshole I am.

You know, like I say "I wasn't criticizing you, I didn't mean that as criticism, I meant it as encouragement, I was trying to say things aren't as bad as you think and giving you reasons to hope that you weren't doomed". But they read that as "oh, so you're saying I'm some idiot who complains about things and doesn't do anything about it? some stupid martyr to my own misery? don't you think I've tried everything? you can't ever just believe my summary of things can you, you've always got to cast doubt on my point of view..." etc etc etc

That's obviously a rather extreme example, but it illustrates the general point.

I'm aware that if I tell you that what you're seeing as a class of NT's hating and bitching and criticizing isn't necessarily what it looks like to you, that from the inside of those exchanges, things and intentions and stuff might look very different - there's a possibility that you might see that as me telling you your perceptions are wrong and therefore criticizing you. But there it is, in any case.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LOL, well it would appear they were blown away...that must've been adorable though

And perhaps you're right, that they might actually gain something from it and actually let go of their negativity. But for people who do not enjoy conflict or negativity in a discussion..that's a big risk to take, I find. Still, thats for One to judge, whether or not it is worth the risk

Interesting though..usually it's NFs that suggest tolerance and openmindedness, and giving people the benefit of the doubt..and often we're considered nave for it. Refreshing to see it come from an INTJ..as well is intruiging
    It's called diplomacy, and why be surprised? NT's are second best at it.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

We're good at diplomacy, because we're good at cutting away at peoples arguements, limiting their option when all that is left for them is to save face.

Is that really diplomacy though? I suppose it is.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    It's called diplomacy, and why be surprised? NT's are second best at it.

Because he's talking about teenagers. They're not exactly known for diplomacy in the first place and the way he describes them, I'd say they're not really open to the idea of being diplomatic at this point. It seems they're more interested in venting frustration.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I find children are better at dimplomacy than adults. From what I can see happening in the world.

Although admittedly, not really in topic. Just my two cents.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Onewithsoul, I know how you feel. You loved the book, so you're aching to discuss it with someone and share your enthusiasm about it and go over what was so great about it and instead, you find yourself in a negative environment that just enjoys tearing down everything you throw at them. Hardly the kind of environment that's productive for our type of learning. Also highly frustrating as it is something that would organize your thoughts and feelings about the book and give you more insight, which..is kinda pointless with this group to try.

And the fact that they will probably react that way to everything else you learn or may contribute to the conversation makes them a drag to be around and it's a constant battle to stay positive amongst a bunch of mood-killers like that. I dunno how American schools work, but maybe you can find someone of your temperament in the next year or in other classes to discuss these things with?

I personally did that, when I was in school still. Ignored the self-inflated morons of my class who thought they were so mature in critizising everything and found those few individuals in school who had a positive vibe and disposition towards things so you could actually bounce ideas off of each other without them being predictably discarded instantly just because they feel like discarding shit to feel better about themselves.

Good luck with this, and don't let them ruin the class for you
    This is EXACTLY what I mean. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    OneWithSoul - If you're looking to just piss and moan and get hugs you should be doing it in the NF Private forum. Out here at least expect some questions for clarification so that an understanding can be developed first. Basically whine where it's appropreate or man up...
    I wasn't in the first place, I was just stating a complaint and that it was annoying. Is that such a bad thing? Maybe I should have posted this in the NF Private Forum, but then again, I didn't really think about it. As for pissing and moaning, it is all a result of overly redundant posts accusing me of typing my classmates wrong. It shouldn't matter if my statistics are wrong. There is at least a few in my class room that I am addressing. Try reading over some of the other posts before jumping that boat, my friend.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?