User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    He probably was getting just an intense T vibe from the people, XSTJs can appear NT in the classroom I've noticed if they participate. That's probably what he was getting at, that it was just a T dominated atmosphere and he felt out of place.

Jesus Christ you people take this shit too far. Honestly, there have only been a few posters that have actually DONE anything in regards to this topic, others have just provoked him and argued just to argue or nitpick when they KNEW the point he was getting at. "Lols he made a sweeping generalization let's jump on him!" Come on, the context was pretty obvious here, that it was just a T dominated classroom with an NT like atmosphere, there's no need for any of this.
    I concur.

Thanks man.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

InaF, why are you still here? I'm honestly extremely curious as to why you've decided you'll disagree with nearly everything that is said here.

Just strikes me as odd that you'd continue to post here even though you probably knew your opinion was a dying hope. Because, honestly, I don't give a fuck what you to say.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

I think some of you are forgetting that the OP said this is for an AP class that means there's a test at the end, the results of which can determine if you need to take the same class all over in college. Although I'm definitely one to question the established canon on dead white dudes in the annals of what's considered great literature, I think any high school AP teacher straying too far from tradition would be doing a disservice to their students.

Yes it's about learning first and foremost but shit, considering in AP classes you are doing sometimes twice the work of your peers in regular classes, students should also be preparing for that test. Get the 4 or 5 to test out of English 101 then work on destroying the canon.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I kinda like it when NTs are critical...I'm usually thinking the same thing, but don't because of a desire to be 'nicer'. Yay, for socialization. My relatives used to call me critical growing up..But wait, that would make them critical of my being critical. So they're the critical ones. Yea, that's it.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

criticism occurs direct proportion with failure.

stop complaining and get to work.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    free
    Enneagram
    nope

(text goes here regarding the 75% remark[as well as lol])

As for the issue of others being too critical of the written work given,...
    If you want to stop it, become better acquainted with the works that you will be handling than they.
    As such case arises again, where there is an obvious root in ego coupled with herd mentality[lol horde], highlight their inadequate understanding(and watch those flys drop into silent discord[or join you in distraction from their failed analysis]).
    Further - view this in a positive light, as it raises standard of discussion, and allows better perspective on altering vectors of group communication.
    Everyone is a case study.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

sounds like TJs more than NTs. Yes we have egos but its TJs that tend to be up there own ass in that way.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Onewithsoul, I know how you feel. You loved the book, so you're aching to discuss it with someone and share your enthusiasm about it and go over what was so great about it and instead, you find yourself in a negative environment that just enjoys tearing down everything you throw at them. Hardly the kind of environment that's productive for our type of learning. Also highly frustrating as it is something that would organize your thoughts and feelings about the book and give you more insight, which..is kinda pointless with this group to try.

And the fact that they will probably react that way to everything else you learn or may contribute to the conversation makes them a drag to be around and it's a constant battle to stay positive amongst a bunch of mood-killers like that. I dunno how American schools work, but maybe you can find someone of your temperament in the next year or in other classes to discuss these things with?

I personally did that, when I was in school still. Ignored the self-inflated morons of my class who thought they were so mature in critizising everything and found those few individuals in school who had a positive vibe and disposition towards things so you could actually bounce ideas off of each other without them being predictably discarded instantly just because they feel like discarding shit to feel better about themselves.

Good luck with this, and don't let them ruin the class for you
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

Nothing to add. Just wanted to say the best book I read in high school was A Clockwork Orange. Picked it out myself from the library. The freaky language was fun. Conversely, the Lit classes were making me read TS Elliot, of which I have retained only the pair of ragged claws quote from The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock.

Macbeth, Mockingbird, Grapes of Wrath... read em all. I still like Neuromancer better.

I have trouble with classics. The past times feel of them can be tolerated sometimes, but mostly it feels claustrophobic. I prefer pulp novels. And I'm willing to claim that all major developments in "the novel" appeared first as pulp. (Willing to claim, unwilling to prove, because it's probably not true.)

One NT's perspective.

And if teenaged NTs these days are anything like I was, they don't know anything at all about the F parts of books. Someone making a coherent presentation of that side of things could set them thinking (also probably being mean about it, but perhaps nonetheless thinking).

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Maybe so, but what would they provide in return? Head ache and aggrevation?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”