User Tag List

First 23456 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Naw, not offended by the other thread at all, I don't see how I could be. I wasn't hurt at all by anything you guys said, just surprised at the reaction I got. I'll try to get back to this tomorrow, have to go to work soon.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    You wantting to work on yourself is your own choice, his desire not to work on himself is his choice..... and trust me he works on himself infinately more than you do, but not in a way you value or perhaps see - ENTPs are all about self growth...
    some answers in here are pretty passive aggressive.

Just saying. You might want to fix that, us NTs are supposed not to like bias.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    some answers in here are pretty passive aggressive.

Just saying. You might want to fix that, us NTs are supposed not to like bias.
    Eck - please work on fixing yourself - leave me out of it.

and No I'm not passive agressive, I'm pain old agressive when I need to be.

In life you can't FIX people, you can't didctate they change, you can't make them do what you want them to do to make them perfect in your head... it's just WRONG.... You can work on yourself to be more tollerant and patient with other types, other learning styles..

You can cure an alchoaulic, they have to cure themselves...you can support them towards that goal...

When people come over saying they like NT's but need to change them so they fit into their view of a claustrophonic world - it's them that are the person with the problem, focus on their intollerance and lack of acceptance of another person. So many people with savour complexes...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

*yawns*
    I'm very happy with myself thank you.

So your idea is to tell everybody how they should not do what you don't want them to do.
    Broken record anybody?

While I had a talk about that in a caf just yesterday and agree to an extent, the thing is you don't have perfect information when a stranger tells you about how he sees another stranger other than his 'mbti type'. So acting all knowing is neither a really great display of intelligence nor wisdom.

I'd gladly hear about your personal experiences, but at 3 degrees away from the original data the distortion tend to come up with unicorns and dragons

In life you can't FIX people, you can't didctate they change, you can't make them do what you want them to do to make them perfect in your head... it's just WRONG.... You can work on yourself to be more tollerant and patient with other types, other learning styles..
    any other obvious things to share?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP

No my idea is that the guy's OP wanted to change and ENTP into an SJ - suggesting to the NT that he had BPD and that he ought to change himself...

You don't need to agree with me at all... just in my experience you can't make other people change and the more you try the more pissed off with you they get. Which is what seems to be happening to the OP's

Maybe you need to read the thread and see where te OP is trying to change his so called fireind to fit his ideas...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

No my idea is that the guy's OP wanted to change and ENTP into an SJ - suggesting to the NT that he had BPD and that he ought to change himself...

You don't need to agree with me at all... just in my experience you can't make other people change and the more you try the more pissed off with you they get. Which is what seems to be happening to the OP's

Maybe you need to read the thread and see where te OP is trying to change his so called fireind to fit his ideas...
    I know what you mean. My dads favourite lecture is how if I was more motivated and focused and payed more attention to the details I'd be able to do anything.

What he never realises is that if i did that I would no longer have my intuition or imagination or analysis skills. ie not an ENTP.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Where did you get that idea, again? I'd like to see which of my statements you got that from. I definitely don't want to change him into an SJ even if I were trying to change his basic personality. There are more than enough SJs in this world.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    YaYa

What about INTPs.

ENTP act crazy. INTP really are crazy.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Where did you get that idea, again? I'd like to see which of my statements you got that from. I definitely don't want to change him into an SJ even if I were trying to change his basic personality. There are more than enough SJs in this world.
    I was making a point... if he fixed the things that bother you he stops being an entp....ok not nessesarily SJ.

Example - he needs to learn new ways to explain thing, he just repeats his idea...

A solution - you develope alternative learning styles to fit his communication....

That one is not his problem... you are an S and use concrete language he is an N and uses abstract... he is not wrong you are not right.... You are both different from each other.... But it's you who want him to change rather than being more flexble yourself.....

there are always multiple ways of looking at a problem, one empowers you to do something the other leaves you powerless and depndant on someone doing things for you

Steller - you seem to not see that you are pointing your finger at this guys NT'ness and finding fault... thats the basic premis of his personality - it's not a problem that requires a solution.... He is different to you that is all. My adive is to work on your tollerance levels unless there is a big problem you need to resolve

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Generally it's better to be percieved as such, as it makes it easier to enact yeur plans of world domination when noone really believes yeu're capable of such.

Being actually nuts just gets in the way.