User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I can't figure you out for the life of me!
    Are you mentally ill?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Crazy ENTPs?

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I don't see what is the issue here... He may be mnoving from a far flung extrovert towards maturing and becoming less extrovert. As people move through life stages you do loose people some of which are less easy to give up. Most people who went to collage were freindly with loads of people, then 10 years later they are lucky if they see 5 of them each year... its life nothing strange in that....

Neither is there anything strange in feeling delight to hear from an old friend....

What is the issue here?
    There isn't an issue, I was just letting fluffy know what was going on with my friend's extroversion vs. introversion and I thought it was interesting because it's not totally clear cut.

I get the impression you think I'm trying to make an issue out of everything about him. I'm not. It's just that our temperaments clash and I'm trying to figure out how to get along peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Are you mentally ill?
    no...? Why do you ask that?

You guys' perceptions are usually over my head, and thus your reasoning and therefore where you are coming from are usually over my head, too. It's frustrating and I want to figure out a way to solve it.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Crazy ENTPs?

MBTI
    ENTP

Stellar,

You have the issue here, this guy sounds really normal. VERY different from you - absolutely, but he sound like other ENTPs... I loved the bit about not measuring up to SJ standards... Trust me, he looks down on SJ's as not being the smartest tools in the box... so he wont feel vulnerable about that... he probably feels vulnerable about being brighter than the average and conceptually different... I believe most NTs can take till their late 30 early 40s to grow into the capacity of their brain.

I do bleive you think you are trying to do him good... he is different from you, he doens't nessesarily have a big problem. However if you suggest that he has a problem he will consider it, and you may be damaging his sense of self and he may end uop getting a complex because you are saying he isn't like you.... (FYI I'd have been SO ticked off with you if you had suggested that to me). Imagine if I suggested your behaviour was mentally ill because it was different from mine...

Try reading Keirsey's ENTP and Rationalist section and then ponder on it for a long while...

I may start a thread on mental illenss.... It's come up about 4 times in 2 weeks - mainly people saying NT's are barking...

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Crazy ENTPs?
    It was tongue-in-cheek, I hope nobody takes that seriously.

At least I'm sure he's an ENTP now. You guys are responding the exact same way as he would to what I'm saying.

I don't think I can keep doing this if you're going to keep assuming that I'm just trying to be difficult. I don't know how to make it any clearer that I'm trying to find some way to be diplomatic and workable.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESTP

Stellar,

You have the issue here, this guy sounds really normal. VERY different from you - absolutely, but he sound like other ENTPs... I loved the bit about not measuring up to SJ standards... Trust me, he looks down on SJ's as not being the smartest tools in the box... so he wont feel vulnerable about that... he probably feels vulnerable about being brighter than the average and conceptually different... I believe most NTs can take till their late 30 early 40s to grow into the capacity of their brain.

I do bleive you think you are trying to do him good... he is different from you, he doens't nessesarily have a big problem. However if you suggest that he has a problem he will consider it, and you may be damaging his sense of self and he may end uop getting a complex because you are saying he isn't like you.... (FYI I'd have been SO ticked off with you if you had suggested that to me). Imagine if I suggested your behaviour was mentally ill because it was different from mine...

Try reading Keirsey's ENTP and Rationalist section and then ponder on it for a long while...

I may start a thread on mental illenss.... It's come up about 4 times in 2 weeks - mainly people saying NT's are barking...
    When did I ever say he has a complex just because he's not like me? I don't understand where we transitioned from talking about his ability to fly off the handle to his not being "like me"...

I'll read Keirsey's descriptions a little more thoroughly.

I do wonder why I'm getting along so well with the ENTP on the Keirsey board but not with any ENTPs here on this subject...
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTP

It was tongue-in-cheek, I hope nobody takes that seriously.

At least I'm sure he's an ENTP now. You guys are responding the exact same way as he would to what I'm saying.

I don't think I can keep doing this if you're going to keep assuming that I'm just trying to be difficult. I don't know how to make it any clearer that I'm trying to find some way to be diplomatic and workable.

Ok challegning your first point - having a laugh and saying to someone they are a bit nuts is one thing... suggesting that they have Borderline Personality Dissorder - is increadibly insulting....

Secondly you are coming across as trying to do good here so don't be too concerned about the reaction you are getting... As you can probably tell - I'm guessing quite a few ENTP's/NT's generally have people trying to FIX them...

Stick around and see what people say, it will be good for you....

You are getting on fine, you are just hearing what some other ENTPs are hearing when you talk about your friend...

PS - I'm not personally ticked off with you - I'm just trying to understand what your issues are...

MBTI
    ESTP

Ok challegning your first point - having a laugh and saying to someone they are a bit nuts is one thing... suggesting that they have Borderline Personality Dissorder - is increadibly insulting....
    Yeah, I get that now.

Secondly you are coming across as trying to do good here so don't be too concerned about the reaction you are getting... As you can probably tell - I'm guessing quite a few ENTP's/NT's generally have people trying to FIX them...

Stick around and see what people say, it will be good for you....

You are getting on fine, you are just hearing what some other ENTPs are hearing when you talk about your friend...
    Oh ok, thanks. I misinterpret the Rational's tendency to be blunt with being just plain angry. I always find a more subtle way to put things unless I'm driven to anger. Thanks for clarifying.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

He does seem susceptible to social anxiety on forums, even those he hasn't been on all that much. I am to a degree, but I always figure I can solve whatever bad image I have. He tends to give up and shut off. He also generalizes people into groups to protect himself from further hurt. It's no wonder he shuts himself in his room all the time and rarely comes out, and when he feels the slightest bit ignored he gets seemingly irrationally (at least to me) upset.
    You're sure he's ENTP?
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4