User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 23

  1. #11
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    You have 2 different threads going with the exact same topic. So I'm going to leave this suggestion in both. Kokology questions are great fun.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  2. #12
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Most introverts don't really open up but usually the water runs deep.
    For me personally, it depends on "how" I am given an opportunity to "open up". If you want me to open up in a group of people that I don't know that well by asking questions out loud and I'm expected to respond spontaneously/off the cuff, then it will be hard for me to open up. That's not because I don't WANT to open up, its because I'm uncomfortable with the method (probably because of a lack of Te).

    On the other hand, if you give me an opportunity to express myself openly in the environment which I am most comfortable (i.e., my primary function - Ti), then it's quite possible that the floodgates will be opened - because, as you say, "the waters run deep". I express myself best on paper because I'm engaging in Ti, which is my natural function. If I'm put on the spot in front of a group of people, then I'm essentially being asked to engage in Te - and sometimes that feels really strange or foreign - like I'm looking for it, but it's not there. I know what I want to say in my head and I may even WANT to open up for the sake of the group but, sometimes I'm just not finding the right words or it doesn't come out sounding very articulate. Or, I may find it for a minute and then go off on some Ne tangent that nobody wanted to hear (except for the N's in the group).

    Give me a paper and a pen and some really interesting questions, and then you will see precisely how I, as an INTP, think. Because I'm able to communicate through Ti.

    Long story short, sometimes I don't want to open up - you're right. But sometimes I really do, but the method for opening up usually has to be a familiar/comfortable one according to my functions.

  3. #13
    Senior Member SciVo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    924
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    INTPness, you are right on the ball! I used some of your questions. If you think of any more let me know!!

    I asked this question in the NF section as well. To be more specific, I work with people in the arts, and their answers to my questions will help us market them better to the mass audiences, so we want to know what they're about and what their lifestyle is about. WHO ARE THEY. why should people care about them?

    Also, this exercise is going to help them prepare for interviews from the public as well since they need to start knowing themselves better and do some introspecting.
    Jesus Christ.

    Okay. Try starting with, "Who are you?" Other good ones are, "What's important to you?" and "What do people find interesting about you?"

    I hope you realize that those are the same questions you wanted to ask, just phrased so that people can actually answer them.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

  4. #14
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    In referenced to the Op...

    You realise you put up this question on NF and NT sections of the site... The NT's ramped up a fair few posts in quite quick sucession... The NFs have hardly responded...

    It was the other way round on the fidelity question I posed last week, the NF thread is way longer than the NT- who submitted their poll answers but didn't talk about it...

    A thought... NTs want to solve problems, NF's want to console/engage with human dynamics...

    sorry a bit off topic...
    L

  5. #15
    Senior Member SciVo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    924
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Yeah, imagine that. Try a Thai dinner at the mall. No particular reason, just that Thai food is good. Buena suerte!
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

  6. #16
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    In referenced to the Op...

    You realise you put up this question on NF and NT sections of the site... The NT's ramped up a fair few posts in quite quick sucession... The NFs have hardly responded...

    It was the other way round on the fidelity question I posed last week, the NF thread is way longer than the NT- who submitted their poll answers but didn't talk about it...

    A thought... NTs want to solve problems, NF's want to console/engage with human dynamics...

    sorry a bit off topic...
    L
    Certainly odd, isn't it?
    I figured that this comes so easily to NFs (trying to get to know someones deeper side.) that it didn't really spark that much interest in generating responses. At least that's the biggest reason I can come up with...

  7. #17
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Hai Kai...

    I figured that NT types wanted to get the right answers.... by asking insightful questions... Where the NF, it's not so interstig asking questions because that is not how they relate to people...

    T are fact based, F are feeling based...

    Ok wide generalisation but interesting...

    Lis

  8. #18
    Senior Member wrldisquiethere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    I suppose you are right, I guess when I think of questions "S"'s may like would be too surface level and I am looking for some that would help us get to know a person deep down and what they are all about.

    That said, I am willing to use any suggestions that you think would reach S's at their level of comfortness to get to know them deeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    The S's I am interviewing are having a hard time opening up to show who they are so that's why I am asking.
    Well, my biggest suggestion is add questions or phrase questions that aren't quite so hypothetical and don't require so much imagination. Questions regarding how things ARE as opposed to how things MIGHT BE in such-and-such a situation will be easier for S types to answer. Look at the difference between INTPness' questions and Kai's questions--even though Kai's questions have depth to them, they are worded in such a way that is "in the present" and would be much easier for me (as an S) to comprehend and answer, whereas just reading the INTP's questions made my head hurt. It's not so much a question of deep/shallow--it's how the questions are asked and how an S is going to struggle to process a question and generate an answer that's worded for an N. Perhaps ask things like, "What values are important to you?" or "What qualities do you consider an essential part of maintaining a good work environment?" or even "How does your personality and life differ at the workplace from your personal home and social life?" I would consider these to all be questions with depth, and we discuss them fairly often on the SJ forum with no problem.

    Hope that helps.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

    "I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

  9. #19
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wrldisquiethere View Post
    just reading the INTP's questions made my head hurt. It's not so much a question of deep/shallow--it's how the questions are asked and how an S is going to struggle to process a question and generate an answer that's worded for an N.
    LOL. I didn't mean to make anyone's head hurt. The reason I posed those types of questions was simply because the OP asked for "N" questions. If the OP had said, "I need questions suited for N's and S's (a mixed crowd)", then I would have answered differently.

    Edit: For what it's worth, I went back and read my 4 mind-numbing questions and they seem to be pretty basic, straightforward questions that could be answered very simply or with a lot of thought, depending on the preference of the person answering them.

  10. #20
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    In the name of simplicity, here's how one could answer those questions:

    1. What is something really interesting that you like to do (or that you spend a lot of time doing) that most of us probably don't know? (This allows introverts to start opening up, if they choose to)

    I like to go to a lot of baseball games.

    2. What is a talent/skill/ability that you have that you feel you are exceptionally good at?

    I am good at meeting new friends.


    3. If you were allowed to bring that talent/skill/ability to the workplace everyday and actually use it on a daily basis, how might it help the company and/or make you a happier employee?

    If I worked outside of the office for 4 hours every week, I could meet new people, tell them what we do, and bring in new business.


    4. What is an idea that you have had in the past that you believe would make this organization SIGNIFICANTLY better in some important way?

    If we were able to have 1 flexible-hour day per week, employees would be happier.

Similar Threads

  1. These 13 Questions Will Tell You Everything You Need To Know About Yourself
    By Reborn Relic in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-02-2017, 11:27 AM
  2. [MBTItm] I need N questions!
    By 2XtremeENFP in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 02:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO