User Tag List

View Poll Results: NT's used alternative medicine.....?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Accupuncture

9 33.33%
  • Accupressure

6 22.22%
  • Homoeopathy

2 7.41%
  • Herbal - pills/tinctures

13 48.15%
  • Reki

2 7.41%
  • Faith healing

3 11.11%
  • Hypnotisim

1 3.70%
  • Chiropractice

7 25.93%
  • Osteopathy

0 0%
  • Auro soma (colour therapy)

1 3.70%
  • Traditional Chinese Medicine (non accupuncture)

5 18.52%
  • Crystals

0 0%
  • Flower remedies

1 3.70%
  • Reflexology

1 3.70%
  • Rebirthing

0 0%
  • Past Life Regression

1 3.70%
  • Aroma therapy

4 14.81%
  • Hypnotherapy

3 11.11%
  • NLP

4 14.81%
  • Other..... on the thread

5 18.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 12345 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Impressive....
    Hmm, people survived worse in the past. I wouldn't say it's impressive. It's more just chance.

Although I do think I have an above average immune system. Since I haven't been ill, other than headaches, since I was 16. And that was only because I got stung by a sea urchin thingy and got sick from the infection. Last time I had the flue I was 12 or so. And I'm also fairly stress proof. The busier I get, the better I feel.

Maybe getting that disease when I was young boosted my immune system quite rapidly.
    (I don't know the english word for it, only the dutch. It's called Rode Hond ziekte which literally translates to Red Dog disease. Looked it up, it was german measles. Which usually isn't too bad, but due to being inocculated while having it I got it quite bad myself.)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Maybe getting that disease when I was young boosted my immune system quite rapidly.
    (I don't know the english word for it, only the dutch. It's called Rode Hond ziekte which literally translates to Red Dog disease.)
    I know what that is. Sounds much worse than it is really. It's called Rda hund, in Swedish (or Rubella)

MBTI
    ENTP

Fluffy,

You may have an awesome immune system OR you are not catching bugs that will lower your immunity... either could be true. The infections can act as weight traning for the immune system... that said you may have a super immunity... You never can tell.

I have a bro that didn't seem to catch anything as a kid, but get got a fair few things as an adult - poor soul...

Still it's better to be drug free if you can - fair play to you

Rubella (proper name) = German Measles (vernacular)

Lis

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'm really shocked by two faith healing votes... Wonder if the people had better experiences than I have seen.
    I checked Herbal, Chiropractice, and Faith Healing.

Herbal - My understanding is that drugs are often made from similar herbs. This is just a lower potency.

Chiropractice - Never tried myself, but I don't understand why anyone is opposed. I think any bad rep it's gotten has been from mainstream doctors who don't want any competition. Also I think there is some use to massage therapy too. (Maybe I should have also checked other).

Faith Healing - Not done on me personally. My wife had arthritis in her hands, and the elders in our church prayed and laid hands on her. Her arthritis left immediately, and she's never had any problems with it since. (This was about 8 years ago before we were married.) Interestly she had another answer to prayer that same night about something unrelated, so to me the experience seemed to be wholistic in nature (i.e. not just about curing the body, but supplying every need).

On the other hand I tend to think there are a lot of charlatan faith healers out there especially in the Pentacostal faiths. I'm not trying to take a dig at Pentacostals, but since that is where a lot of the people looking for faith healing go, it would make sense that the charlatans would be attracted there too.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP

I heard accupuncture has some legitimacy and some western hospitals are adopting (a form) of it. Homeopathy is the funniest one that doesn't work on the list.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Cannabis is the only herbal remedy that I use daily.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Cannabis is the only herbal remedy that I use daily.
    +1

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I heard accupuncture has some legitimacy and some western hospitals are adopting (a form) of it. Homeopathy is the funniest one that doesn't work on the list.
    Accupuncture actuall performs well for certain things on blind scienific research. A fair few GP's surgries and hospitals have an accupuncturist attached in some way. In many places where western medicine fails - like women and hormones, accupuncture preformes really well.

I prevously put this to the test medically.. I go diagnosed with a hormone issue, one hormone was too high and one too low at a specific point in my cycle. I was put on a weighting list to see an endocrinologist (which was 6 months away)... So I went to see an accupuncturist, and had a good few treatments. Within 2 months my hormones were a lot better - the ratio had flipped back to normal proportions... I still have the condition and always will but I resolved some of the accute problems - and have the blood work which shows the levels... Thats enough evidence for me... but there is loads on the web... doesn't work for eveything, the whole Eastern medicine works totally differently from West... Both have value.

Homeopathy is different... the theory makes sense, not had enough experience to totally write it off.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post

Faith Healing - Not done on me personally. My wife had arthritis in her hands, and the elders in our church prayed and laid hands on her. Her arthritis left immediately, and she's never had any problems with it since. (This was about 8 years ago before we were married.) Interestly she had another answer to prayer that same night about something unrelated, so to me the experience seemed to be wholistic in nature (i.e. not just about curing the body, but supplying every need).

On the other hand I tend to think there are a lot of charlatan faith healers out there especially in the Pentacostal faiths. I'm not trying to take a dig at Pentacostals, but since that is where a lot of the people looking for faith healing go, it would make sense that the charlatans would be attracted there too.
    Gosh - I really do come from a different country..... It didn't occure to me that this would have religious connotations... but I gets a very small minorty do here. Most faith healers I've come across are pcycic based rather than religious based... I do know of a few religious ones, but it isn't an automatic thought... Very hippy/new age here rather than institutional... there are spiritualist churches, but I think our religions are more toned down unless people are very extreme...

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Gosh - I really do come from a different country..... It didn't occure to me that this would have religious connotations... but I gets a very small minorty do here. Most faith healers I've come across are pcycic based rather than religious based... I do know of a few religious ones, but it isn't an automatic thought... Very hippy/new age here rather than institutional... there are spiritualist churches, but I think our religions are more toned down unless people are very extreme...
    Heh, that's pretty interesting. I never would have thought you were referring to something psychic/new age. In the US when you mention faith healing I'd think most people imagine pentacostals (although that wasn't much like my situation at all).
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com