• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] intps and plaid

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
My ancestor's clan tartan!

Brodie_tartan_(Vestiarium_Scoticum).png

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Oh yes! There's definitely a connection!

Um, no.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Tartan is a construct of the English. It's a "nice little earner". Hipsters beware...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? I thought it was a bunch of squares....

(fuck that was almost as lame as this thread)

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Haha. Well done. Porridge wog.

Edit: Wog=wiley oriental gentleman/woman.

Last edited:

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Haha, don't diss the clan!:)

Not that we have any military power anymore....:(

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Found these nice-looking dark-green/black/grey plaid shorts in a store once. Looked kinda like the Black Watch tartan, you know?
Too bad I was a goddamn student at that time, so I couldn't pay 150€ (something like 215$) for them. When I went back, they were gone with the wind! :(

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I likes plaid, or at least my family tartan. I'd probably be willing to wear a plaid dress though oddly, despite my refual to wear a dress in general otherwise, I dunno, it just seems more 'right' that way XD

That being said, there's an odd quote I've remembered for ages about kilts for the guys XD

"REAL MEN WEAR SKIRTS!"

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
I wear an awesome lumberjack plaid shirt when I do outdoor type work.

Animus

MBTI Type
INTP
A few years ago, I used to have some awesome plaid shorts. I loved them so much that I wore them to death. I've been meaning to go out and buy another pair ever since, but I just haven't got around to it yet.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Found these nice-looking dark-green/black/grey plaid shorts in a store once. Looked kinda like the Black Watch tartan, you know?
Too bad I was a goddamn student at that time, so I couldn't pay 150€ (something like 215$) for them. When I went back, they were gone with the wind! :(

thats about £80-90 for a pair of shorts?????

I have to fess up, I thought the OP was refering to yoru tartan... Jock can wear plaid after all.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL

there is a difference between the two

in the venacular ..... plaid doens't have to be tartan based it can be an abstract tartan-esque design

Tartan is rooted in clan culture... Irish and Welsh also have tartans and I beleive some parts of northen France... mainly Celtic I would think in historic origin.

Tartan when worn as a female skirt or dress is called plaid...

What you guys buy in the shops isn't the same plaid as a real plaid dress. you may buy a plaid patern but the material isn't right

This is going to get complex if you want more info...

real stuff is scratchy as hell, trust me - no one wants underwear made if it lol

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
The Stuarts (alternate spelling?) were very near my clan. I just read a map and it looks like they were both sharing a bit of Moray Shire.

Mine is Brodie.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I grew up in the days of grunge. So plaid is no big deal. I'll wear it if it is there.