• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] intps and plaid

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
jockthemotie (3:22:59 PM): cool plaid dress though
jockthemotie (3:23:01 PM): I like plaid
jockthemotie (3:23:05 PM): it's my favorite color
Rachelinaa (3:24:01 PM): ha
Rachelinaa (3:24:02 PM): you would
Rachelinaa (3:24:06 PM): you probably have plaid shorts
Rachelinaa (3:24:19 PM): i actually don't know an intp who doesn't like plaid
Rachelinaa (3:24:22 PM): i think it's a thing
Rachelinaa (3:24:24 PM): plaid and white t-shirts
jockthemotie (3:24:35 PM): Wow
jockthemotie (3:24:39 PM): you're good.
jockthemotie (3:24:47 PM): I have a ton of plaid shorts

...is it a thing?

Maybe for a lumberJOCK :/. I have NEVER worn plaid in my life.

Rikka

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I like plaid. I don't have as much as i would like, but it evokes a sense of nostalgia in me, and makes me feel comfortable mentally....somehow.

sandwich

MBTI Type
INTP
I grew up in the days of grunge. So plaid is no big deal. I'll wear it if it is there.

Yeah, actually, I remember it being a thing a while back, but I think it was fairly contained in the PNW during that time. Or at least I'd like to think so. There's something nostalgic about plaid flannel shirts that smell faintly of cigarettes.

little.bad.apple

MBTI Type
INFP
Not saying there is in fact a connection. But personally, I abstractly relate what seems to be an INTP tendency for being visual/focusing on the aesthetics of things with finding some specific pattern (plaid) visually appealing.

Heh, not sure if that makes much sense how I wrote it. I need some sleep -_-

Anyways, I found this thread hilarious because my INTP boyfriend wears plaid shirts almost everyday.. it's definitely the exception when he doesn't. :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like plaid, but I do like a stripe on my suit. Nothing overly thick though, just a small stripe.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Lol, I definitely know a couple INTPs that consistently wear plaid shirts.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know one INTP, and he does indeed wear plaid a lot.

Phoenix_400

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w6
Lots of plaid shirts here, but I'm from 'Bama originally, so that explains a lot of it.:D

Also have a concealed carry permit. Plaid and Hawaiian shirts help break up the shape of the firearm, causing it to print less. Great for carrying IWB with the shirt untucked.
Practical and stylish (depending on where you live, anyway).

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am not against plaid. However except for a plaid tie and a plaid button down short sleave shirt that I rarely wore and then recently gave to charity...no.

In my teens my dress was pretty drab. Black tshirt shirt, blue jeans and combat boots.

Now I am an exception to INTP bad dresser stereotype. Now women steal my clothes (no I'm not a transvestite). However, I do have those days were I don't give a damm and wrinkly shorts and t shirt with holes are the call of the day or going out in my "dress sweats" (i.e. the ones with pockets ;))