User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Default ENTs do you hate being still?

Do any other ENTs get this? I can't sit still for to long, especially when i'm not doing anything that mentally stimulating. At work I'll take any excuse to walk somewhere or move about. I'm just really restless.
    Is this an ENT thing do you think?
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh yes,

not nervouse twitch, just need to rumenate thinking, I am also a noise person.. ..... That said when I'm not ocused I am quiet and still... it depends on what I am doing and if I am invovled mentally or not.

L

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Oh yes,

not nervouse twitch, just need to rumenate thinking, I am also a noise person.. ..... That said when I'm not ocused I am quiet and still... it depends on what I am doing and if I am invovled mentally or not.

L
    Yeah i though of this because i just started my first job at a shipyard (making type 45 destroyers for all you war geeks) and i've had loads of meetings where I have no idea wats happening and i keep on falling asleep. So far my manager ain't noticed.
    Anyone got tips for staying awake?

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

If it's mentally stimulating? No problem, can do stuff that interests me for hours on end easily.

If it's not? I generally am consistantly fidgeting 100% of the time anyway, tapping feet, humming, playing with pencils, drawing, etc, always have something I'm doing physically at all times. Such is a drawback from having gone through the whole ADHD thing, basically means I need some way to distract myself so I can stay focused... if that makes any sense >.> Basically if I'm not doing at least two things, I can't concentrate on one. Makes no sense, but go figure.

In any case, it means I'm always doing SOMETHING at all times physically. As such, the intense need to 'get up and walk around' isn't nearly as that bad for me as I've since learned to control that over many years of conditioning to cope with a more advanced version of it. Oddly enough, it looks like that's since helped me surpass some of the issues the rest of yeu seem to be facing XD

Funny how things work out that way. I'd say just focus on trying to aim at finding distractions, as it's helped me more than anything else so far.

MBTI
    ENTP

I take notes - it will help but also give you something to do. I take notes but never read them - spend a fair bit of time doodling - not good in very senior management meetings because then people don't feel heard.

Note taking is useful in a consulting environement as you can type them up and use them to help you manage your client relationships

Mind maps are another way to log information and keep yourself entertained. They are also easier to sight read at a later point in time.

Make some objectives up for yourself before a meeting - identify what you are suppose to get out of the meeting and then focus on those objectives during the meeting.

If you can't stay awake for any of the meetings you may actually be in the wrong job. I've never been quiet so board in a job as this, I need to be quite passionate about what I do.

L

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I have noticed this aswell.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    If you can't stay awake for any of the meetings you may actually be in the wrong job. I've never been quiet so board in a job as this, I need to be quite passionate about what I do.

Its cause its my first job as a gap year between uni in an engineering company so part of the year it to figure out what job i do want to go into. I'm also still learning the ropes and getting used to full times 8/9 hour days rather than 6/7 hour days.

MBTI
    ENTP

Glasgow boy working in a ship yeard - thats SO Billy Connolly...

Now he may be an ENTP......

the issue you are haing with being in the meetings is likely to be around you lack of purpose/objective within those meetings. If you need to get something done then they will be more interesting. Right now you are new so you need to learn the language, whats going on etc... it will take some time before you gt fully inolved.

Use your year to get the most expeirience you can...

L

I think this is likely Ne doms. We are all twitchy as shit in meetings and roam from door to door chatting or just thinking.

The SPs do it some but not as badly.

I have known two ENTJs. They did not have an issue sitting still. Sitting still and incinerating you with thier eyes.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I've got this problem if I don't get enough exercise. If I do, however, I can sit still, even though not as well as IJ types can.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp