• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] "Psychic" Powers

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Ive heard alot about psychic powers, which is something I was very interested in, and WANTED to believe in.

Unfortunantly after researching it i found I could not believe in it . (BTW if you do ever want to ACTUALLY research something, research BOTH sides extensivly)

But the thing is, I am able (as discussed in previous threads) to figure people out from knowing very little information about them, such as a screename, hearing them talk for a short while, and the way they look.
I could claim it is some sort of psychic power, but i dont.

Because it isnt. Its highly developed pattern recognition.

So basically I was wondering if anyone else wanted to fess up to be able to do things that LOOK like psychic phenomena, but isnt.

I also have a theory that NT's would be more likely to fess up/realize they arent psychic powers than other types.

Ive also noticed NFs seem ready to believe most things without proof, but maybe those are just my NFs idk.

(Also, Posting things like "But I CAN do these things" is pointless.
You can convince me by showing me your "powers" under strict scientific guide lines, as I have seen every psychic who demonstrated their power, then have a few things changed (That should have NO effect on thier power) and all of a sudden they cant do thier magic trick anymore. Its becasue thats all it is.

So if you want to send me a video wiht you demonstrating your "powers" id love to see it. )

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Some women, at a certain early stage of their pregnancy, put off unscented pheromones that cause me to perceive a dazzling aura around them. (An aura is a glow perceived cognitively rather than visually, so cognitively is also the manner in which one would be dazzling.) When I was in college, I once made the mistake of congratulating a woman before she knew herself, with the unfortunate side-effects that she became very mad at me, and then later (after it turned out that I was right) some of my friends tried to use me as a cut-rate pregnancy test. I keep my thoughts to myself now.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
A psychotic once told me I'm psychic.

Oh, therationaledge! Define who I am using your epic pattern recognition skills!

In all fairness, I'm plagued with the same curse of knowing too much about people too soon.
Most people hate who they are.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

I respectfully disagree. In my experience, most people are just afraid of being unloved. It looks the same as self-loathing when you're rejecting them, but you can see the difference when you're accepting them.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Huge questions....

I hand out with a lot of new age-ers over the years some of them claimed to be Psycic. Most psycics are Intuatives... and simply cold read.

What you are talking about is to an extent cold reading. This can be the aptitued to read certain criteria about a person with very little information. You figure this out through verbal but more importantly non verbal ques...

NF types are suppose to be able to cold read emotional impacts, NTs to an extent thoughts, but I think it's closer to say motivations...

P types I would think do this more because of their aptituted at patern recognition and extending thinking based on loose information.

As for psycic powers, I beleive that 99%+ of so called psycics are cold readers - possibly not knowing this themselves (but it makes them feel specal), the 1% is the strange one, there is an odd psycic that seems to be able to predict reliably, Thye are increadibly few and far between and really difficult to find.

Tattot = treat like an oricle, you pull the cards, the read interprets the card and how they stack up to the other cards - pretty standard definitions, but can be helpful...

Astrology (natal not hororscop) = based on data interpretation, wildly different degrees of aptitude by the reader. In terms of predictive method, can be very accurate at saying your life is topsy turvey in this period, but lesser accuracy in nailing specifics.

Crystal readers = lower version of psycics, very poor predictions

Tea leaf readers = same as crystals.... AKA both are psycis

Psycometry - again psycics with toys

Faith healers - saw a blind test with an actor v's faith healer - the actor healed as many as the healer... Placebo effect

Accupuncture - does work but had limits.. The phyolosphy behind easter medicine is very different - it's about promoting wellness, so the side effects are generally about feeling well. Western medicine is mainly based on suppression of symptoms.

Homeopathy = small doses of condition administered (the doses are really tiny). In theory the thought behind homeopathy is similar to innoculation. I never found it worked, but in principal it might.

Reki = I thin it's balloney, not seen a good rekiki healer at work. I suspect there is something in it, but very few good quality practitioners.

Prayer = I do think there is something in it... it suggests the collective consious can work when applied on mass.

I do beleive there is a whole area of medicine that can be exploited, which is around energy, magents, light etc.. I do think there is something in this lot but difficult to prove.

Right now science damns eveything that can not be measured. in order to create systematic change in apporach towards considering alterntatives it requires an more open mind. Science still can't actually measure though can say the brain is stimulated in this area, but can't measure the strength of an individual though - which clearly goes to show that thinking doesn't exsist. ;)

As for psycic powers - your an N type - enjoy it, and try and work with it... it puts you ahead of the game

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
A psychotic once told me I'm psychic.

Oh, therationaledge! Define who I am using your epic pattern recognition skills!

In all fairness, I'm plagued with the same curse of knowing too much about people too soon.

Lol Its not something I do on request. I find the only place I am actually comfertable to be compleletlly honest, and not second guessing myself is in my own head, or figuring someone out and informing my friends or what not.
Most of my friend have been like "Hey figure me out!" But i think to myself "I already did years ago, and you dont want to hear all of it"

I found that realizing this has also made me accept most my flaws to the point where trying to insult me either gets someone blown out of the water argument-wise, because they are NOT being honest (like someone saying something false and proclaiming it to be right, to which i make a list of everything they were wrong about and loudly proclaim it, depending of course on how big of a douchebag they are being), or frustrated because I acknowledge my bad points and it doesnt hurt my feelings as much as it does them.

The one thing I will say this gives me, Its the insight that the truth more often than anything will piss someone off into a killing rage.