User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post

This is you reasonable rational explanation. It works for me, when I remember. The only drug that work for anxiety was clonazepam. Not a good long term solution.
    Hey Lost a couple of thoughts...

I've been looking into this area (not anxiety per sey but in that terratory) and I came across a few thoughts... In physical health the skin acts as a barrier, in mental health the self esteme acts as the equivelent...

Have you done any work on improving your self derived self esteme? It wont do you any harm and may help in a possitive way to lower anxiety...

The other thought was a programme I saw for weight loss (I know it's a P-type jump), where the hypnotist (famous guy can't remember his name... Paul Mkenna) was advocating use of tapping accupressure points - which is a treatment used in post traumatic stress.. typically PTS disorder sufferer from hyper vigilent states... where one is consiously or unconsiously searching for threats all the time. This may be a step further back the chain from anxiety, but the tapping work out looked useful...

Finally in NLP you can use a method to programme altered mental states into your body in order to reduce the negativity of a situation... I managed to wire touching my pinky to a warm fussy feeling... it never lasted for long but it was an interesting experiment....

These are more ideas for consideration not recommending anything

MBTI
    INTP

I knew you would fine some way to screw with my post. I even know the OP is likely faking. But it if my post helps someone, it's all good.

MBTI
    ENTP

I knew you would fine some way to screw with my post. .
    I've done nothing of the sorts, i thought you gave some excellent council

I even know the OP is likely faking.
    Which is harsh on the OP who has expressed something that may be very difficult to own

But it if my post helps someone, it's all good.
    I totally agree....

Don't assume because I added some ideas that I thought there was anything wrong with what you wrote...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

With any mental illness/chemical imbalance you should also be going to therapy (counseling) in addition to taking medication. I cannot stress this enough. I hope that you are...it will help immensely. Also, you are not helpless in this. Take a proactive stance with your disorder. This mindset is extremely helpful in overcoming it/managing it.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance