• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] What type are we INTPs attracted to?

What Type are You Most Attracted To?

• INTP

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • INTJ

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • ENTP

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • INFP

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • ENFP

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISFP

• ESTP

• ESTP

• Total voters

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I have a nice log cabin up in the Redwoods if anybody has a Redding layover...;)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Awww.
*Fuzz Purrs, Sounds More Like a Docile Lion*

I think if the Extravert knows how to listen and the Introvert knows how to speak, everything would be just fine. I like shutting up for awhile; it helps me to show people I care about more than just myself.

See? Don't you just love that?

Darn my straightness.

[adjusts bustier and cape]
See? These people know their stuff. Now we can quit the "scum of the universe" rumors.

Did you all get into him painting his toenails? I still haven't gotten him to quit that one yet...
Nah, he is still convinced he's an online seducer. I even bought him a mirror!

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'm attracted to all types that have people interesting enough for my attraction. MBTI is about as much of a relationship/friendship guideline to me as astrology or numerology. Having said that, I must say that I like almost all ENFP's I've ever met.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Too bad they're too busy enjoying themselves to let you join in. :devil: :newwink:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Too bad they're too busy enjoying themselves to let you join in. :devil: :newwink:

You know what I just thought off. In percentages my I and T always score fairly low. My N and P characteristics are definitely stronger. I always feel a better to other people who have at least one of those dichotomies.
Though even that is not a requirement, cause one of my best friends is ESTJ.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hereby specifically object to and refute all discussion of myself herein this thread.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
my socks hurt

the score for ISFJ suprises me. i much prefer ISFP. if there's one type i can say im definatley, mutually attracted to (due a very large sample size) is the ISFP.
Mmm, I agree. That was what I had to adjust to; I found myself being handed the reigns. Now I'm with someone who is the exact opposite. It's like stepping out of a snow storm and into a heat wave.
i totally know what you mean. i would've said ISFJs hand me the reigns even before i read this. i dont mind taking care of them (i can even enjoy it) but there's no understanding. i have some ISFJ friends i enjoy but there's still this ever present, slow suffocation. some isfj's i can't stand at all. they'd be down the bottom on my list. if i had to have an SF, give me an ISFP cutie.
my first bf was isfp. i had the biggest crush on him. :wubbie:

what type are you with now?
I have two INTP friends who seem very attracted to ENFJs and INFPs in particular. It has happened enough times to be considered a trend!!! and the attraction seems intense too Particularly with the INFP
im the same. although unlike the ENFJ, i never found the INFP particularly attractive on paper, i tend to gravitiate towards FP men. parlty because everyone else stupidly looks over them, because they're easy to talk to and they're sensitive, deep and know what's its like to be someone who society generally doesn't accept/understand. whenever i find them i cant help but think this is someone who isn't getting the credit they deserve.
Too many INTP's here are falsely biased by the ENFP girls on this board, no doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I have much love for ENFP's in general. But I never felt much attraction to them 'as a type'. And it takes getting to know one to develop interests. Whereas ENFJ's and their natural vibe are just attractive from the get go.

but you said you wouldn't be in a relationship with an ENFJ, so if you could pick the type of your partner what would it be?

i voted enfj. sure it can be hard in the begining but once the secondary functions come out it makes freaky sense. the strangest interpersonal experiences ive had have been with one enfj. catching each others eye from across crowds, compulsively watching each other, mind games, spontaneous stare-offs, high voltage tension when we were near each other, you name it.
i was pursued by the one male enfj i knew who with which such a relationship was appropriate. in the begining it looked at lot like this, lol:
superhug.gif

well, not really. minus the love hearts (at least in the begining). he wouldn't stop proding me with questions >_<. when he discovered my talents at Ne sass he just become more interested and more driven. it was difficult to be around him until we got to know each other. i think i seriously did some mind F---s on him (i love having Ne). then shot him down because he jumped the gun (out of jealousy, i think, due to an infp guy i was taking too rather quickly). if im going to be with someone i need them to have a lot of patience. i didn't think it was too hurtful at the time but the enfj stopped talking to me for a while and got sulky. i feel bad, he was a top guy and if we'd had a bigger time frame and i had time to mature a bit, something would've happened. we don't talk anymore because he changed majors so i dont see him around. i probably need a few more years under my belt before i'll tackle let myself get tackled by another enfj romance wise (my enfj friends are awesome, fyi).

i think the highest combatilibilty for intps are NTPs and NFJs.
i thought infj would've scored much higher. perhaps its because a lot of the scores are being determined by experiences and infjs are so rare.
solitude is another fine option.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
ESTP is on the poll twice, instead of ESFP. Considering the way INTPs usually regard ESFPs, I'm not sure that this was a mistake.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
don't quote me. ill want to delete my post once i've gotten enough sleep.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the score for ISFJ suprises me. i much prefer ISFP. if there's one type i can say im definatley, mutually attracted to (due a very large sample size) is the ISFP.

im the same. although unlike the ENFJ, i never found the INFP particularly attractive on paper, i tend to gravitiate towards FP men. parlty because everyone else stupidly looks over them, because they're easy to talk to and they're sensitive, deep and know what's its like to be someone who society generally doesn't accept/understand. whenever i find them i cant help but think this is someone who isn't getting the credit they deserve.
Agreed. Might be interesting to see a poll split by gender.

I like ENFJ men on paper. But I don't think I could cope with a real one either. He'd be in tears constantly.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The poll progress says that INTPs are more attracted to SJs than to SPs? :shock:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The poll progress says that INTPs are more attracted to SJs than to SPs? :shock:

Yup, there's quite a few NTPs that seem to find themselves attracted to SJs, often because of their loyalty and devotion, their stability really. I know at least two like that myself, and several here on the board have said the same thing.

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
the only reason why I wasn't run out on a rail was because I was friends with "alphas" like MacG and Delilah,

Not true. It was because of your radiating awesomeness and your fixation on Canadian men.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I hereby specifically object to and refute all discussion of myself herein this thread.

That's not how refutation works. Show us what you're working with here.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mainly ISFJ, not so much the other SJ types. I'm guessing that's the type the majority of the votes for "a sensor" at INTPc were for. INTPs seem to get along with ISFJs, especially regarding male INTPs and female ISFJs.

That's not how refutation works. Show us what you're working with here.

Nothing. As if that hasn't been made exceedingly clear time and time again.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mainly ISFJ, not so much the other SJ types. I'm guessing that's the type the majority of the votes for "a sensor" at INTPc were for. INTPs seem to get along with ISFJs, especially regarding male INTPs and female ISFJs.

Nothing. As if that hasn't been made exceedingly clear time and time again.

I disagree. He is working with such complicated and deep reasoning far beyond normal human comprehension. Any attempts to explain would only results in brains exploding.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I disagree. He is working with such complicated and deep reasoning far beyond normal human comprehension. Any attempts to explain would only results in brains exploding.

...:rofl1:

What are you, his wingman? If so, you're going to need to do better than that.

:wink: