• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] What type are we INTPs attracted to?

What Type are You Most Attracted To?

• INTP

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • INTJ

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • ENTP

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • INFP

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • ENFP

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISFP

• ESTP

• ESTP

• Total voters

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is why the poll shouldn't have been anonymous.
ENTPs voting ENTP
ENFPs voting ENFP
etc.

Si, si senora member.

Also, it should have been multiple choice, as Magic Poriferan commented.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Si, si senora member.

Also, it should have been multiple choice, as Magic Poriferan commented.

Oui mademoiselle. Under the multi-choice poll on INTPc, the results of a similar (though not identical) poll (Ideal Romantic Partner for INTPs) were:

*drumroll*

1. INTP 50 13.59%
  2. INTJ 25 6.79%
  3. INFP 38 10.33%
  4. INFJ 73 19.84%
  5. ENTP 30 8.15%
  6. ENTJ 47 12.77%
  7. ENFP 24 6.52%
  8. ENFJ 51 13.86%
  9. A Sensor 30 8.15%

INFJs by a good clip.

Unfortunately, "sensor" wasn't broken down.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
this, with a preference for mild to moderate Is over Es. And sane over insane.

Oh, Ina, my darling, so good to see you! :hug: *Ina runs terrified*

Truth is, without us insane people, you silly introverts would get bored. Really bored.

Wait a tic...how many of you have actually have dated INFJs for long periods of time, hmm?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*drumroll*

1. INTP 50 13.59%
  2. INTJ 25 6.79%
  3. INFP 38 10.33%
  4. INFJ 73 19.84%
  5. ENTP 30 8.15%
  6. ENTJ 47 12.77%
  7. ENFP 24 6.52%
  8. ENFJ 51 13.86%
  9. A Sensor 30 8.15%

INFJs by a good clip.

Unfortunately, "sensor" wasn't broken down.

Doesn't surprise me much. Especially not the fact that INTP was the third place choice over there, or that they didn't even bother distinguishing Sensors.

Obviously, the results show that they people there were still open to differences, but as almost anyone that's seen the place could have guessed, the vote overall favored types closer to INTPs more than the vote here has.

I guess the only thing that really does surprise me is that there's little difference between love of Sensors there and love of Sensors here. Perhaps it's just another show of the N and S division here. Anyhow, the sample is still rather small.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Jock, with all due respect, I think that's far too strong a word. I don't have to "divorce" myself from Fe in order to utilize my Ti. You can feel strongly about something and still be logical at the same time, or is the NF incorrect in that assumption?

I find Ti and Fe, for myself, unable to be used in concert with either. They are, at their core, completely opposite in terms of processes. Neither will accept what the other decides. Also, keep in mind Fe does not equal emotions and Ti doesn not equal logic, it's more like they use those things to make decisions, and that's where the difficulty comes into play. Any decision made by Ti will always conflict with one made by Fe, simply because what Ti considers important information is unimportant to Fe. In order for me to make a decision based off of feelings and how the group will be affected, I have to put Ti to sleep. He just gets too rowdy and pissed off if I don't, and because it is my strongest function, when its ignored it causes a tremendous amount of internal conflict.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Doesn't surprise me much. Especially not the fact that INTP was the third place choice over there, or that they didn't even bother distinguishing Sensors.

Obviously, the results show that they people there were still open to differences, but they as almost anyone that's seen the place could have guessed, the vote overall favored types closer to INTPs more than the vote here has.

NFJs in particular are favorites there; ENFJs were second. What struck me most was that ENFPs win here but are dead last there. It would be a different story if the sensor types were broken down (splintered vote plus ESTJs would never prevail over ENFPs), but the difference is still striking. :coffee:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Too many INTP's here are falsely biased by the ENFP girls on this board, no doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I have much love for ENFP's in general. But I never felt much attraction to them 'as a type'. And it takes getting to know one to develop interests. Whereas ENFJ's and their natural vibe are just attractive from the get go.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NFJs in particular are favorites there; ENFJs were second. What struck me most was that ENFPs win here but are dead last there. Different story if the sensor types were broken down (ESTJs would never prevail over ENFPs), but the difference is still striking. :coffee:

Yes, I've been throwing the numbers together, but leaving the Sensors out as a result of the INTPc poll.

One of my biggest expectations is being shown so far:

INTPc poll: INs get 50.55% of the vote.
MBTIc poll: INs get 34.78% of the vote.

There is a much stronger I/E divide at INTPc than here. And as you noted, the opinion of EPs specifically differ even more.
14.67% vs 30.44%.

I've long been of the opinion that INTPc is even more steaped in stereotypes, and is more insular. I think EPs seem the most stereotypically extraverted types of all to them, which for that forum, is a bad thing.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Oh, Ina, my darling, so good to see you! :hug: *Ina runs terrified*

Truth is, without us insane people, you silly introverts would get bored. Really bored.

Hello, my fuzzy friend. :hug:
The insane are sometimes introverts, too, and this combination produces the most psychotic.
[strokes your fur]

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm surprised to hear that NFjs are favored at INTPc. When I first joined, the only reason why I wasn't run out on a rail was because I was friends with "alphas" like MacG and Delilah, and the fact that I destroyed a jerk nobody seemed to like who decided to go toe to toe with me.

Otherwise, it was nothing but "I'm an INTP and I'm marrying an INTP/xNFP...ENFJs are monsters" the whole time. I never understood it, and kept my activity mostly restricted to the blogs. If things have changed, I'm glad.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In order for me to make a decision based off of feelings and how the group will be affected, I have to put Ti to sleep. He just gets too rowdy and pissed off if I don't, and because it is my strongest function, when its ignored it causes a tremendous amount of internal conflict.

keep in mind Fe does not equal emotions and Ti doesn not equal logic, it's more like they use those things to make decisions
You are correct, of course.

The key is having the maturity to know which one should lead in what situation. If you see it as completing one another instead of competing with one another, your growth from the experience will be much easier.

I can shut down Fe. In fact, I do. I don't like it either Jock, probably almost as much as you don't like shutting down Ti. But I've learned, in certain situations, Ti is more appropriate. Therefore, my Fe hates it, but I know it's necessary. Ultimately, I am in control of the way I use my functions, not my primary.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hello, my fuzzy friend. :hug:
The insane are sometimes introverts, too, and this combination produces the most psychotic.
[strokes your fur]

Awww.
*Fuzz Purrs, Sounds More Like a Docile Lion*

I think if the Extravert knows how to listen and the Introvert knows how to speak, everything would be just fine. I like shutting up for awhile; it helps me to show people I care about more than just myself.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I've long been of the opinion that INTPc is even more steaped in stereotypes, and is more insular. I think EPs seem the most stereotypically extraverted types of all to them, which for that forum, is a bad thing.
Not to mention there are more EPs here to vote for themselves.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm surprised to hear that NFjs are favored at INTPc. When I first joined, the only reason why I wasn't run out on a rail was because I was friends with "alphas" like MacG and Delilah, and the fact that I destroyed a jerk nobody seemed to like who decided to go toe to toe with me.

:confused: Muffin, an alpha? Hell no. I had to force him to throw away his pink boxers.

I like INTP females, in particular. An INTP female introduced me to MBTI. Unfortunately, because of my sexual orientation, I have to stick with the men...:coffee:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:confused: Muffin, an alpha? Hell no. I had to force him to throw away his pink boxers.

He did look so very fetching in them too... *tsk tsk*

I like INTP females, in particular. An INTP female introduced me to MBTI. Unfortunately, because of my sexual orientation, I have to stick with the men...:coffee:

Yeah! No switch hitting, lady! :D

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
:confused: Muffin, an alpha? Hell no. I had to force him to throw away his pink underwear.
We once had a disturbing discussion about him and his high heels :yes: If I recall correctly, they were platforms.

You just haven't met the right one yet.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah! No switch hitting, lady! :D

Why?...*sigh* I guess the men could work as well. :dry:

Kidding, the males are awesome[ly nerdy]. Weighing all of the possible pros and cons in terms of relationship, as far as I can tell, NTPs win.

We once had a disturbing discussion about him and his high heels :yes: If I recall correctly, they were platforms.

Did you all get into him painting his toenails? I still haven't gotten him to quit that one yet...

You just haven't met the right one yet.

;)

*keeps secret*

See? Don't you just love that?

Darn my straightness.

:yes: