• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] What type are we INTPs attracted to?

What Type are You Most Attracted To?

• INTP

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • INTJ

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • ENTP

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • INFP

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • ENFP

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISFP

• ESTP

• ESTP

• Total voters

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
ENFJ has the most votes because INTPs like the idea of someone who will not only deal with people for them but handle their emotions for them while they do calculus or solve pi or whatever it is they do for fun.

So basicly they want a mommy :D

FlamingMask

MBTI Type
INTp
I want someone who can manipulate me and mask their emotions in an outgoing facade - an ENFJ. Except for all that unhealthy behavior I just mentioned.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFJ has the most votes because INTPs like the idea of someone who will not only deal with people for them but handle their emotions for them while they do calculus or solve pi or whatever it is they do for fun.

That is odd... aren't INTPs supposed to be independent?

But on the other hand, I am not afraid of being a bit narcissistic...

Same-type attraction FTW :D

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Solve pi. LOL!!! I'm going to put that on my 'bucket list'.

Seriously though, I just like it when I'm with someone who is willing and able to "buffer" some of the time-consuming people "noise". That sounds so much better than "wanting a mommy".

When I'm single, I can handle all of my family and my every day dealings with people. But, when I get into a relationship, it brings more people and and more noise into the equation. I'd be more than happy to meet (and get to know) my g/f's family (in fact I'd like it) and even 2 or 3 of her close friends. After that, if she has a big network of people she knows, it just starts to get a little crazy.

"The girls at work want to know if you want to go to lunch with us on Friday?!"

Just tell the gals I said hello. I have to work on solving pi. :yes:

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
Hm, no one chose ESTP? I almost did, but it came in a close second to ENFP.
I want someone louder and crazier than I am who will agree to act upon all my weird pointless plans. In short, someone who will save me from being me 100% of the time.
Or ENTP... Clearly, extroverted, thinking, and percieving people are appealing to me.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Generally smart, open, direct and honest people.

I usually get along best with other NT's and NF's. So N might play a role too.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
ISFJ if female, INFP if male.

(If there were no other factors to consider)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find ISFJs to be far more controllable than controling, and generally really nice. So I don't get where this controlling bitch characterization comes from.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's an old thread on INTPc. I think INFJs won.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's an old thread on INTPc. I think INFJs won.

I doubt that will happen here, and up to this point the numbers are showing it.

I myself, theoretically, would prefe an ENFJ, and ENFPs and ISFJs fight for second place.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJs win everything. Just ask Bono.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I doubt that will happen here, and up to this point the numbers are showing it.

I myself, theoretically, would prefe an ENFJ, and ENFPs and ISFJs fight for second place.

Yes, theoretically ENFJs would be best. I wonder how many are basing their votes on theoretical attraction/best match.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I find ISFJs to be far more controllable than controling, and generally really nice. So I don't get where this controlling bitch characterization comes from.

Mmm, I agree. That was what I had to adjust to; I found myself being handed the reigns. Now I'm with someone who is the exact opposite. It's like stepping out of a snow storm and into a heat wave.