User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: INTx

FigerPuppet

My pupils dilate (black and teary eyes because of all the emotional energy being released), I stare the person down and walk towards him while I with a clear voice verbally lunge at every weak point I have noticed he has (if I have been around the person for a long time). This is what I define as "being angry" - a powerful burst of emotional energy being released. I am easily annoyed, but very rarely angered. It's too risky.

I have never been angry with a total stranger, so I don't know how I would react in such a situation. I think I would threaten his close family with horrible things to shock him and prevent the situation from evolving into a physical fight. A physical fight would be very bad, because I am always worried about the consequences, and so many things could go wrong both during and after the fight (if I humiliated or seriously hurt him in some way). I would have to limit myself.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    I don't like to get angry, but I do tons. And when I do, things get ugly. I basically go Angry ENTJ mode.
    I've experienced an angry INTP first hand, and it's not very pretty. They basically go from normal mode with slight irritation (if you observe closely) to bat shit crazy in 10 seconds or less. I didn't actually count the seconds, but before I knew it, there were flying of things that shouldn't be separated from the ground. And it looked like he was about to cry or something. His facial expression was completely out of control, shifted from furious, to nervous smiling, to insecurity, to looking like he might implode. Very aggressive, sort of like taking cellphone privileges away from a teenager on drugs.

MBTI
    ENTP

Guys these are great,

It does sound like there is a fair bit of suppression and avoidance, and some letting go.

I was concerned because I'd been chatting to this INTJ online and he sniped at me for not being able to visit him. I thought it was slightly sweet because I read it that he actually cared I couldn't go, but was concerned he didn't just accept that and suggest visiting me....

He claims never to get angry, I'm not at all sure that is healthy, it tends to draw things out. I'm guessing anger comes out in other ways like a few of you have said.

This is really helpful

Lis

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Guys these are great,

It does sound like there is a fair bit of suppression and avoidance, and some letting go.

I was concerned because I'd been chatting to this INTJ online and he sniped at me for not being able to visit him. I thought it was slightly sweet because I read it that he actually cared I couldn't go, but was concerned he didn't just accept that and suggest visiting me....

He claims never to get angry, I'm not at all sure that is healthy, it tends to draw things out. I'm guessing anger comes out in other ways like a few of you have said.

This is really helpful

Lis
    You know, I've been subjected to this treatment too, with an INTP. Twice.

First time: We had not previously decided to see each other that day and he asked me if I could come over. I said I had to stay at home with my sister who had problems finding motivation for finishing her homework. I agreed to help her, and told him I had to stay at home with her. He got pissed and accused me of being cold.

Second time: We had not previously decided to see each other that day and I had some stuff to do around the house and I simply didn't feel like hanging out that day. I logged on to my MSN and told him I was going to stay at home and asked if we would see each other another day. He said he had actually logged on just to say he didn't feel like seeing me either that day, then he logged out. Later I found out he only said that cause he was mad at me for bailing.

MBTI
    ENTP

hey SnP

Do you think that they do really want to see you - which is a vulnerablity in their heads?

Either way - they ought to say it's a shame lets see what else we can do

L

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I think it's just "fear of rejection" rearing its' ugly head. If they didn't care, why bother getting mad?

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes maybe a fear of rejection.

I ended up emailing him and saying I liked him and wanted things to move forward but that he would need to re-think his 2 year plan in order to make this happen. I'll be interested to see if and when he responds.

MBTI
    INTJ

When anyone gets angry, is that usually a sign of them not being able to handle things with their higher functions? So anger and lower functions popping out are correlated? If so, INTPs and INTJs will get angry differently. Superficially I guess INTPs would pull out snotty emo tricks and INTJs would get irresolutely physical.

Actually, maybe not. Maybe anger doesn't have a universal cross-type origin.

Are we talking real anger, or just irritation?

Maybe we could however just say introversion is a sickness. I mean, if one's preferred location is inside one's own head, surely there is something wrong.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

We could however just say introversion is a sickness. I mean, if one's preferred location is inside one's own head, surely there is something wrong.

HARSH!

I wouldn't say that, in buddisim there is seen to be a power within self containment that I's rock at and E's stink at....

...and INTJs would get irresolutely physical.

> what does that mean?

MBTI
    INTJ

Dunno exactly. You're asking about something that invokes the inferior function. That stuff isn't much under control. It's aggressive and "not me".

Who knows why INTs don't like anger. It's a sign that the internal world is under assault, under-powered external goals are under threat? Beats me.

If we spend most of our time inside our own heads, it doesn't make sense that we prefer not being angry? Anger requires an answer. Like any feeling, it requires something be done. If we have somehow gotten angry....

*shudder*

Even trying to explain it is nerve wracking.