• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Reproduction

xNTx's views about having children?

• Female - Already have children

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Female - Definitely want children

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Female - Might want children

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Female - Not sure

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Female - Probably don’t want children

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Female - Definitely don’t want children

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Female - Can’t have children

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Male - Already have children

• Male - Definitely want children

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Male - Might want children

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Male - Not sure

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Male - Probably don’t want children

• Male - Definitely don’t want children

• Male - Can’t have children

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some people do reproduce for practical reasons, such as having 'extra hands' on the farm, in some cultures. I definitely think that is a factor is some people's minds. Someone to take care of you when you're old, etc. I am completely willing to believe that some people view those as reasons to reproduce, but probably more so in modern times in lesser developed countries. It was probably more common in the US one hundred and fifty years ago.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You just haven't trained him properly.

I guess I could take the batteries out... persumably men are totally unconcious they do the channel change thing... WEIRD!

I'd better stop ribbing the less fair sex

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Voted that I don't know.

I can make lots of arguments one way or the other. My partner's opinion would likely be a deciding factor in whether or not I'd have kids. However, I am of the opinion that if you don't know if you want kids, you probably shouldn't have them. So we'll see if I'm more confident about it in the future.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well what about women who want to get married who might not want kids? That's an option too.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well what about women who want to get married who might not want kids? That's an option too.

then they would choose the women - don't want kids option....

I didn't put in relationship status... it can tick people off.

MP - couldn't agree more, I'm even a little iffy about vague desire v's truely wanting kids, however I've met a good few guys who didn't know they wanted kids until their women were pregnant and have been wonderful fathers

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess I was just responding to the idea that more intelligent women wouldn't want to get married. I mean, a woman could want to get married for other reasons than to bear children, and still maintain her identity and career whilst being in a committed partnership. It's not really a response to the OP but other comments I saw.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm sure there will be some cross over between cost to feed and rear kids and income they can generate while working for you, but I'm not convinced it's a cause to get pregnant...
It has been the primary reason since the beginning of agricultural society. Many people throughout the world still live in agricultural societies.

Apparently the mouths to feed vs hands to work ratio is in favor of hands to work otherwise large families would not have been such a strong part of agricultural culture. People would have noticed that the large families were screwed and the small families were doing better and would have limited their family sizes.

Obviously the same is not true of an industrial society or post-industrial society and I don't know that there are rational reasons for reproducing in that case.

I mean, there are health benefits for bearing and nursing children, but there are also health risks. Humans are social and do better in social groups, but you can create a pseudo family without having children.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I guess I was just responding to the idea that more intelligent women wouldn't want to get married. I mean, a woman could want to get married for other reasons than to bear children, and still maintain her identity and career whilst being in a committed partnership. It's not really a response to the OP but other comments I saw.

Srry didn't follow the thread of your thinking, makes sense now... I think it's a scandal that womens marraige prospects drop 40%....

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Obviously the same is not true of an industrial society or post-industrial society and I don't know that there are rational reasons for reproducing in that case.

I mean, there are health benefits for bearing and nursing children, but there are also health risks. Humans are social and do better in social groups, but you can create a pseudo family without having children.

Yea, but I am not convinced a couple sit down and say hey we need some workers lets get laid... lets face it there is a good few years investment before there is payback...

I do hear what you are saying but it may be a product of rural culture being differently socally structured than urban ones...

PS this is all supposition anyways

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ok, so there's no rational reason to have a child. You're going to let that be the judge of whether or not you have a child?

That's completely B.S. in my opinion, seriously.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yea, but I am not convinced a couple sit down and say hey we need some workers lets get laid... lets face it there is a good few years investment before there is payback...

I do hear what you are saying but it may be a product of rural culture being differently socally structured than urban ones...

PS this is all supposition anyways
It would be the same mentality as someone in our culture hoping to land a good job. Of course you want a good job that pays lots of money. Of course you hope to get pregnant and have a son when you have sex.

Children were considered part and parcel with livestock and land as far as prosperity went. Women who were unable to reproduce were shamed and considered cursed. Religions were devoted to the fertility of crops, of livestock, and of people.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm not NT, but I still see no good enough reason to reproduce. I'm definitely not doing it.

remixedcat

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
having kids in this messed up world is irrational to me. the economic crisis alone is enough of a reason to avoid them. if you have trouble paying your rent and bills then bringing a kid into that would only make matters worse. also would put a burden on the social systems.

also the main reason I don't have a kid is becuase the school system sucks.

another reason.... flexability I want to do what I want and i also move alot. I don't want to be tied down.

I also don't want to deal with the pain of pregnancy and all that hospital mess. plus its gross to deal with the nasty feeling you get 9 months.

i also have anger issues-enough said

i also value my sleep too much..... i need my 9 hours or i am a demon from hell and youd better prepare or die!!!!! mwhahahaha!

The most reason of all-the planet is in peril, we dont need more people to make it even worse.

there kept it honest and brutal-just the way I like it. no fakery like most people say.