• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Reproduction

xNTx's views about having children?

• Female - Already have children

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Female - Definitely want children

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Female - Might want children

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Female - Not sure

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Female - Probably don’t want children

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Female - Definitely don’t want children

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Female - Can’t have children

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Male - Already have children

• Male - Definitely want children

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Male - Might want children

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Male - Not sure

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Male - Probably don’t want children

• Male - Definitely don’t want children

• Male - Can’t have children

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I think I would like to have at least two, but I like the sounds of four. Now I just need to find a man to stay at home and raise them :D

I think a good question is whether or not hyper-intellectualism (which could be relate to NT) will be selected against biologically. If an individual is highly intelligent I think they are slightly disadvantaged when it comes to reproducing because of many reasons ranging from high selectivity of mates to a lack of social interactions to find someone. This thread is attempting to answer a facet of this question by seeking to know if there is a lack of a desire to reproduce for NTs, but I think the matter could be further investigated.

...by asking whether or not we even can reproduce? :D I don't think the extroverted NTs are hindered by a lack of social interactions, but the INTs might not be particularly predisposed toward having a wide selection of partners...which could be a factor, but I don't see it as anything that would prevent a determined INT from gettin their groove on.

But really, nobody wants to mate with ENTJs anyway ;)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think I would like to have at least two, but I like the sounds of four. Now I just need to find a man to stay at home and raise them :D

I think a good question is whether or not hyper-intellectualism (which could be relate to NT) will be selected against biologically. If an individual is highly intelligent I think they are slightly disadvantaged when it comes to reproducing because of many reasons ranging from high selectivity of mates to a lack of social interactions to find someone to reproduce with. This thread is attempting to answer a facet of this question by seeking to know if there is a lack of a desire to reproduce for NTs, but I think the matter could be further investigated by inquiring about the opportunities for NTs to reproduce.

LOL a few comments on this, I read something last week that the higher the intellegence of the woman the smaller the % of marriage = the study didn't say if it was because the woman had twigged that men can be lazy sods who don't pull their weight domestically (many surveys have shown that in house holds where both work full time - the blokes still don't do houshold chores).... Or if men are just put off....

Genetically two marmite eatters can produce a non marmite eatting child and vice versa...

I wonder how many NT's would have kids if they knew they wouldn't be especally intellegent..... or if they care about such things...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read something last week that the higher the intellegence of the woman the smaller the % of marriage

This one? Smart women don't get married.

The study found the likelihood of marriage increased by 35 percent for boys for each 16-point increase in IQ.

But for girls, there is a 40-percent drop for each 16-point rise, according to the survey by the universities of Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Can't find the original study, but it's widely cited.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Which would suggest that marriage is far more advantageous for men than for women in this society.

Wow, THAT sure opens a can of worms.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
That's one way of interpreting the results. The other is that intelligent women are more selective.

(Yes, I said it OK?)

Ok....

It could be that intellegent women are not so keen on unintellegent men (which isn't a reciprocaded value). Or that intellegent women only want men for sex and therfore don't make perminant partnerships. Or that unintellegent men feel they can't chase intellegent women, or they find them unattractive. Or that there are more intellegent women than men to go around....

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
another alternative, is that statistic is that for the first time in history women can live above the poverty line without having to tie up to the male of the species

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
No interest whatsoever. My thoughts on that have remained consistent for 10 years. Actually, I'm probably even more against it now.

So I bet your ugly anyways.

This thread = Cerebral, narccassistic, sociopathic, and asocial outcasts rationalizing the fact that they will never have a normal relationship.

Example: "Man I really want that ballon" *reaches into wallet to find it is empty* "I didnt really want it that much anyways"

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
So I bet your ugly anyways.

This thread = Cerebral, narccassistic narcissistic, sociopathic, and asocial outcasts rationalizing the fact that they will never have a normal relationship.

Example: "Man I really want that ballon" *reaches into wallet to find it is empty* "I didnt really want it that much anyways"

fixed.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I could probably handle that kind of arrangement.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nvm.
It could be that intellegent women are not so keen on unintellegent men (which isn't a reciprocaded value). Or that intellegent women only want men for sex and therfore don't make perminant partnerships. Or that unintellegent men feel they can't chase intellegent women, or they find them unattractive. Or that there are more intellegent women than men to go around....
Why would intelligent women only want men for sex?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know how things are now, but when I was in college I was surprised to learn that farm kids in the US work the farm alongside their adult family members, including driving grain trucks and heavy equipment while still in elementary school.

The incentive may not be strictly economic because it is surely less expensive to hire hands than to raise children in the US, but I think it is premature to rule out extra hands as an incentive for having children on a global scale.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
The incentive may not be strictly economic because it is surely less expensive to hire hands than to raise children in the US, but I think it is premature to rule out extra hands as an incentive for having children on a global scale.

I'm sure there will be some cross over between cost to feed and rear kids and income they can generate while working for you, but I'm not convinced it's a cause to get pregnant...