User Tag List

View Poll Results: xNTx's views about having children?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Female - Already have children

2 3.85%
  • Female - Definitely want children

5 9.62%
  • Female - Might want children

5 9.62%
  • Female - Not sure

1 1.92%
  • Female - Probably donít want children

8 15.38%
  • Female - Definitely donít want children

4 7.69%
  • Female - Canít have children

0 0%
  • Male - Already have children

2 3.85%
  • Male - Definitely want children

6 11.54%
  • Male - Might want children

8 15.38%
  • Male - Not sure

6 11.54%
  • Male - Probably donít want children

2 3.85%
  • Male - Definitely donít want children

2 3.85%
  • Male - Canít have children

1 1.92%
First 678

Thread: Reproduction

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I guess I was just responding to the idea that more intelligent women wouldn't want to get married. I mean, a woman could want to get married for other reasons than to bear children, and still maintain her identity and career whilst being in a committed partnership. It's not really a response to the OP but other comments I saw.
    Srry didn't follow the thread of your thinking, makes sense now... I think it's a scandal that womens marraige prospects drop 40%....

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Obviously the same is not true of an industrial society or post-industrial society and I don't know that there are rational reasons for reproducing in that case.

I mean, there are health benefits for bearing and nursing children, but there are also health risks. Humans are social and do better in social groups, but you can create a pseudo family without having children.
    Yea, but I am not convinced a couple sit down and say hey we need some workers lets get laid... lets face it there is a good few years investment before there is payback...

I do hear what you are saying but it may be a product of rural culture being differently socally structured than urban ones...

PS this is all supposition anyways

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Ok, so there's no rational reason to have a child. You're going to let that be the judge of whether or not you have a child?

That's completely B.S. in my opinion, seriously.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Yea, but I am not convinced a couple sit down and say hey we need some workers lets get laid... lets face it there is a good few years investment before there is payback...

I do hear what you are saying but it may be a product of rural culture being differently socally structured than urban ones...

PS this is all supposition anyways
    It would be the same mentality as someone in our culture hoping to land a good job. Of course you want a good job that pays lots of money. Of course you hope to get pregnant and have a son when you have sex.

Children were considered part and parcel with livestock and land as far as prosperity went. Women who were unable to reproduce were shamed and considered cursed. Religions were devoted to the fertility of crops, of livestock, and of people.
    ‚ÄúThere are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old‚Äôs life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.‚ÄĚ
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm not NT, but I still see no good enough reason to reproduce. I'm definitely not doing it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

having kids in this messed up world is irrational to me. the economic crisis alone is enough of a reason to avoid them. if you have trouble paying your rent and bills then bringing a kid into that would only make matters worse. also would put a burden on the social systems.

also the main reason I don't have a kid is becuase the school system sucks.

another reason.... flexability I want to do what I want and i also move alot. I don't want to be tied down.

I also don't want to deal with the pain of pregnancy and all that hospital mess. plus its gross to deal with the nasty feeling you get 9 months.

i also have anger issues-enough said

i also value my sleep too much..... i need my 9 hours or i am a demon from hell and youd better prepare or die!!!!! mwhahahaha!

The most reason of all-the planet is in peril, we dont need more people to make it even worse.

there kept it honest and brutal-just the way I like it. no fakery like most people say.