User Tag List

View Poll Results: xNTx's views about having children?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Female - Already have children

    2 3.85%
  • Female - Definitely want children

    5 9.62%
  • Female - Might want children

    5 9.62%
  • Female - Not sure

    1 1.92%
  • Female - Probably donít want children

    8 15.38%
  • Female - Definitely donít want children

    4 7.69%
  • Female - Canít have children

    0 0%
  • Male - Already have children

    2 3.85%
  • Male - Definitely want children

    6 11.54%
  • Male - Might want children

    8 15.38%
  • Male - Not sure

    6 11.54%
  • Male - Probably donít want children

    2 3.85%
  • Male - Definitely donít want children

    2 3.85%
  • Male - Canít have children

    1 1.92%
First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 76

Thread: Reproduction

  1. #41
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bougal View Post
    I think I would like to have at least two, but I like the sounds of four. Now I just need to find a man to stay at home and raise them

    I think a good question is whether or not hyper-intellectualism (which could be relate to NT) will be selected against biologically. If an individual is highly intelligent I think they are slightly disadvantaged when it comes to reproducing because of many reasons ranging from high selectivity of mates to a lack of social interactions to find someone. This thread is attempting to answer a facet of this question by seeking to know if there is a lack of a desire to reproduce for NTs, but I think the matter could be further investigated.
    ...by asking whether or not we even can reproduce? I don't think the extroverted NTs are hindered by a lack of social interactions, but the INTs might not be particularly predisposed toward having a wide selection of partners...which could be a factor, but I don't see it as anything that would prevent a determined INT from gettin their groove on.

    But really, nobody wants to mate with ENTJs anyway
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  2. #42
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bougal View Post
    I think I would like to have at least two, but I like the sounds of four. Now I just need to find a man to stay at home and raise them

    I think a good question is whether or not hyper-intellectualism (which could be relate to NT) will be selected against biologically. If an individual is highly intelligent I think they are slightly disadvantaged when it comes to reproducing because of many reasons ranging from high selectivity of mates to a lack of social interactions to find someone to reproduce with. This thread is attempting to answer a facet of this question by seeking to know if there is a lack of a desire to reproduce for NTs, but I think the matter could be further investigated by inquiring about the opportunities for NTs to reproduce.

    LOL a few comments on this, I read something last week that the higher the intellegence of the woman the smaller the % of marriage = the study didn't say if it was because the woman had twigged that men can be lazy sods who don't pull their weight domestically (many surveys have shown that in house holds where both work full time - the blokes still don't do houshold chores).... Or if men are just put off....

    Genetically two marmite eatters can produce a non marmite eatting child and vice versa...

    I wonder how many NT's would have kids if they knew they wouldn't be especally intellegent..... or if they care about such things...

  3. #43
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    ah found the link

    Clever devils get the bird - Times Online

    "For boys, there is a 35% increase in the likelihood of marriage for each 16-point rise in IQ. For girls, there is a 40% drop for each 16-point increase" which I think is a bit unfair myself.....


  4. #44
    triple nerd score poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    ah found the link

    Clever devils get the bird - Times Online

    "For boys, there is a 35% increase in the likelihood of marriage for each 16-point rise in IQ. For girls, there is a 40% drop for each 16-point increase" which I think is a bit unfair myself.....

    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

  5. #45
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    ...

    But really, nobody wants to mate with ENTJs anyway
    MEOW


    LOL

  6. #46
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I read something last week that the higher the intellegence of the woman the smaller the % of marriage
    This one? Smart women don't get married.

    The study found the likelihood of marriage increased by 35 percent for boys for each 16-point increase in IQ.

    But for girls, there is a 40-percent drop for each 16-point rise, according to the survey by the universities of Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
    Can't find the original study, but it's widely cited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #47
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    yes thats the one... men scare easy

  8. #48
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    ^ Which would suggest that marriage is far more advantageous for men than for women in this society.

    Wow, THAT sure opens a can of worms.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #49
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Which would suggest that marriage is far more advantageous for men than for women in this society.
    In which society is it not?

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    yes thats the one... men scare easy
    That's one way of interpreting the results. The other is that intelligent women are more selective.


    (Yes, I said it OK?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #50
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    That's one way of interpreting the results. The other is that intelligent women are more selective.


    (Yes, I said it OK?)
    Ok....

    It could be that intellegent women are not so keen on unintellegent men (which isn't a reciprocaded value). Or that intellegent women only want men for sex and therfore don't make perminant partnerships. Or that unintellegent men feel they can't chase intellegent women, or they find them unattractive. Or that there are more intellegent women than men to go around....

Similar Threads

  1. reproduction is hard?
    By Agent Jelly in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO