User Tag List

View Poll Results: xNTx's views about having children?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Female - Already have children

2 3.85%
  • Female - Definitely want children

5 9.62%
  • Female - Might want children

5 9.62%
  • Female - Not sure

1 1.92%
  • Female - Probably donít want children

8 15.38%
  • Female - Definitely donít want children

4 7.69%
  • Female - Canít have children

0 0%
  • Male - Already have children

2 3.85%
  • Male - Definitely want children

6 11.54%
  • Male - Might want children

8 15.38%
  • Male - Not sure

6 11.54%
  • Male - Probably donít want children

2 3.85%
  • Male - Definitely donít want children

2 3.85%
  • Male - Canít have children

1 1.92%
First 23456 Last

Thread: Reproduction

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    The link doesn't say anything different than I said in my previous post, it's an outcome... not a driver...

In developed countries its likely there is more choice, better contraception availability, better childhood mortality etc...

Hence unlike the reason for having kids as financial... you may have more kids because you don't have alternative entertainment etc...

this is getting pedantic - sorry
    Is it? I hadn't noticed that.
    Better childhood mortality? OK....

It's a driver in that it drives the outcome, not the other way around. I.e. people/nations don't get wealthier because they stop having lots of children; they stop having lots children when they get wealthier (along with everything that wealth entails - education, contraception, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Blue -

You really are trying to split hairs....

Your likely to be poor before you have 10 kids - which circles round to keep you poor.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

According to the poll men want kids more than women.

Isnt that like a reverse of what is most often portrayed?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

FigerPuppet

I want my bloodline to continue, but only if I find a suitable mate (both physically and mentally attractive and an academic) - I chose "Might want children".

MBTI
    ENTP

whether it's rational or whatever, it's certainly instinctive, and I'd say that to try to ignore and go against your evolutionary instincts and still expect to be happy and fulfilled is quite irrational

Not really surprising if more men want them than women these days; after all, it's women whose life opportunities are the most affected by having them, in reality.

oh, plus the poll doesn't cover the option of "have kids already but it wasn't planned", i.e. people who have kids but, strictly speaking, at least at the time, didn't want them.
    Ils se dÔŅĹmerdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    whether it's rational or whatever, it's certainly instinctive, and I'd say that to try to ignore and go against your evolutionary instincts and still expect to be happy and fulfilled is quite irrational

Not really surprising if more men want them than women these days; after all, it's women whose life opportunities are the most affected by having them, in reality.
    Well if your a complete asshole who woul just leave like that then yes you are correct but if your going to assume that you could also say that a woman could just get an abortion
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    What now?

I suppose we'd all be happier living in the trees too, all natural an' shit.

(I know I would)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    I don't really want children because I think I'm mentally and emotionally unfit to take care of a child.
    Aw come on -- everyone else does it!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

‚ÄúPleasure to me is wonder‚ÄĒthe unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.‚ÄĚ ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

I think I would like to have at least two, but I like the sounds of four. Now I just need to find a man to stay at home and raise them

I think a good question is whether or not hyper-intellectualism (which could be relate to NT) will be selected against biologically. If an individual is highly intelligent I think they are slightly disadvantaged when it comes to reproducing because of many reasons ranging from high selectivity of mates to a lack of social interactions to find someone to reproduce with. This thread is attempting to answer a facet of this question by seeking to know if there is a lack of a desire to reproduce for NTs, but I think the matter could be further investigated by inquiring about the opportunities for NTs to reproduce.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    INxJ

No interest whatsoever. My thoughts on that have remained consistent for 10 years. Actually, I'm probably even more against it now.