User Tag List

View Poll Results: xNTx's views about having children?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Female - Already have children

    2 3.85%
  • Female - Definitely want children

    5 9.62%
  • Female - Might want children

    5 9.62%
  • Female - Not sure

    1 1.92%
  • Female - Probably donít want children

    8 15.38%
  • Female - Definitely donít want children

    4 7.69%
  • Female - Canít have children

    0 0%
  • Male - Already have children

    2 3.85%
  • Male - Definitely want children

    6 11.54%
  • Male - Might want children

    8 15.38%
  • Male - Not sure

    6 11.54%
  • Male - Probably donít want children

    2 3.85%
  • Male - Definitely donít want children

    2 3.85%
  • Male - Canít have children

    1 1.92%
First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 76

Thread: Reproduction

  1. #11
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Just interested to see if NT's didn't want kids...

    Is having an heir rational? I'm not so sure....
    Where else would your vast wealth go? You want it to go to someone who can take care of it, who you can trust, who you have indoctrinated since birth...

    you see what I mean?

    Then again I don't think this matters so much to me because I'm neither rich nor fertile.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  2. #12
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    I don't think there are any rational reasons for having or wanting kids. The reasons are all either biological/biochemical (pre-programed) or emotional (or accidental). Those reasons could easily be rationalized, but that does not mean that they are logical.
    Rational means based on reason. You'd think Rationals would know this.(!)

    The majority of children born today, are born for economic reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #13
    Pose! Salt n' pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Rational means based on reason. You'd think Rationals would know this.(!)

    The majority of children born today, are born for economic reasons.
    If you continue reading my post, you'd see that's what I concluded.

  4. #14
    That chalkboard guy Matthew_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    -insert statement about how reproduction is irrational when compared to adoption-
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

  5. #15
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Where else would your vast wealth go? You want it to go to someone who can take care of it, who you can trust, who you have indoctrinated since birth...

    you see what I mean?

    Then again I don't think this matters so much to me because I'm neither rich nor fertile.
    I would think most people see their lives beign etended by children - hence your point makes sence... however if you have no wealth it seem lame....

    I do kind off, but children = reduced weath, they are expensive little blighters to keep.

  6. #16
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    The majority of children born today, are born for economic reasons.
    'splain please... I can see no ecconomic reason for kids..

  7. #17
    Pose! Salt n' pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    -insert statement about how reproduction is irrational when compared to adoption-
    Well, I'd help a kid out, who needs a home and someone to care for them. These kids are already out there, why should I produce new ones? If I don't care about my kids being my own flesh and blood, why should I produce new kids when there are kids out there in better need of "me wanting kids"? I think it'd be a win-win situation. Also, I think we're headed for overpopulation, I don't think I have motivation/reason enough to contribute to that. Although, I might have to have a kid one day when all the oldies die and there are no people left on this earth. I've read that the population of older persons has been on the rise, while the numbers of young persons has fallen.

  8. #18
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    If you continue reading my post, you'd see that's what I concluded.
    I was only pointing out the common mistake that you made. "Rational" != "Logical".

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    'splain please... I can see no ecconomic reason for kids..
    There's a Third World. Perhaps you've heard of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  9. #19
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post


    There's a Third World. Perhaps you've heard of it.
    Still not following how being born in the 3rd world country = ecconomic reason...

  10. #20
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    ^Lots of children compensate for a Welfare State.
    Or are subsidized by one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. reproduction is hard?
    By Agent Jelly in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO