• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Thinker/Feeler ratio in executive management

sculpting

I recently got a new VP at work. I don't report to him, but interact a lot with him. He is an engineer and is an ENFP.

My VPs:
ENFP
ESFJ
ISFJ
ESTJ
ENTP
ESTP (mine)
ISTJ

My CFO
ESFP

My CEO
INTJ

My COO:
Old one ENFP
New one-an Fi dom???? WTF???

Don't say I mistyped-these observations are confirmed by my real life ENTP friend. These guys are our pet bunnies for jungian function observation- we have watched some of them for five years. It does not correlate with the expectation of STJs. We have an almost equal ratio of thinker/Feelers.

1. If you asked all of these executives to self report on the MBTI, most would test as Ts and mostly TJs-except the ENTP and maybe the ISFJ. "Of course" they are all logical, practical, results oriented, not influenced by feelings, rational. That is what they are "supposed" to be. Given they are all older men they have been socially conditioned to act a certain way and also have developed any tert or inferior thinking functions by this point and done so very well, to end up where they are.

This observation leads me to question the MBTI statistics quoted with respect to type and career. Nobody told the above ISFJ "you really would be best as a school teacher", so he became a VP instead.

For example, how does mbti tell a young Ti heavy ENTP from an old Te heavy ENFP? On the converse, a young Fi heavy enfp from an older Fe heavy ENTP? These patterns could repeated throughout the all of the type categories-thus introdcing significant flaws used to guide folks to eventual careers.

Thouughts? Observations from your IRL experience? How often do folks test one way do to innate personal bias of what the think they should be?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
An interesting note I've made is that most of your VPs appear to have Si and Ne in their first four functions. Note the apparent preference towards xNxPs and xSxJs.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Wow, lots of Vicepresidents...seems wasteful.