• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Pattern formation and the INT

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Well,

I just Intuitively :D realised the other day that the reason why INTJ's in their early stages of "attraction/affection" can be so wrong (their Achilles heel) is due to not understanding that others do not act in a predictive way.

Effectively, they see reciprocation of potential attraction (Because they are an I and aren't very good at expressing themselves) in terms of the patterns they predict. S/he did act in a certain way, therefore S/he must be playing mind games etc etc etc.

It’s a function of over analysing, making predictive extrapolations and being introverted so they get into a circular loop.

Anybody agree?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well,

I just Intuitively :D realised the other day that the reason why INTJ' in their early stages of 'attraction/affection' can be so wrong (their Achilles heel) is due to not understanding that others do not act in a predictive way.

Effectively, they see reciprocation of potential attraction (Because they are an I and aren't very good at expressing themselves) in terms of the patterns they predict. S/he did act in a certain way, therefore S/he must be playing mind games etc etc etc.

It’s a function of over analysing, making predictive extrapolations and being introverted so they get into a circular loop.

Anybody agree?

I'd answer, but you will already have predicted what I will say anyway to fit into your paradigm. :D

Well, yes, for INTJ, it seems to all be part of the self-fulfilling prophecy in earlier stages of growth.

I think people can be predicted to some degree (which is really just way of my saying that people are 'consistent' at some level, which is why we can even recognize someone's personality!)... but the patterns are more varied and broader, and you have to experience the individual first and calibrate yourself -- being receptive to incoming information -- before guessing at their motivations and future behavior.

(This is Ne at work, btw, buttressed with Ti.)

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I'd answer, but you will already have predicted what I will say anyway to fit into your paradigm. :D

Well, yes, for INTJ, it seems to all be part of the self-fulfilling prophecy in earlier stages of growth.

I think people can be predicted to some degree (which is really just way of my saying that people are 'consistent' at some level, which is why we can even recognize someone's personality!)... but the patterns are more varied and broader, and you have to experience the individual first and calibrate yourself -- being receptive to incoming information -- before guessing at their motivations and future behavior.

(This is Ne at work, btw, buttressed with Ti.)

A problem that is hard to shake though (As it’s inefficient) is to overestimate your competition... I mean if you can see all the pitfalls of what you are doing... then they will too... which requires even more contingency planning.

I guess that’s what has to make the INT pragmatic... otherwise we'd just get into that scenario of "paralysis by analysis".