User Tag List

MBTI
    XNTX

Default Pattern formation and the INT

Well,

I just Intuitively realised the other day that the reason why INTJ's in their early stages of "attraction/affection" can be so wrong (their Achilles heel) is due to not understanding that others do not act in a predictive way.

Effectively, they see reciprocation of potential attraction (Because they are an I and aren't very good at expressing themselves) in terms of the patterns they predict. S/he did act in a certain way, therefore S/he must be playing mind games etc etc etc.

It’s a function of over analysing, making predictive extrapolations and being introverted so they get into a circular loop.

Anybody agree?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Well,

I just Intuitively realised the other day that the reason why INTJ' in their early stages of 'attraction/affection' can be so wrong (their Achilles heel) is due to not understanding that others do not act in a predictive way.

Effectively, they see reciprocation of potential attraction (Because they are an I and aren't very good at expressing themselves) in terms of the patterns they predict. S/he did act in a certain way, therefore S/he must be playing mind games etc etc etc.

It’s a function of over analysing, making predictive extrapolations and being introverted so they get into a circular loop.

Anybody agree?
    I'd answer, but you will already have predicted what I will say anyway to fit into your paradigm.

Well, yes, for INTJ, it seems to all be part of the self-fulfilling prophecy in earlier stages of growth.

I think people can be predicted to some degree (which is really just way of my saying that people are 'consistent' at some level, which is why we can even recognize someone's personality!)... but the patterns are more varied and broader, and you have to experience the individual first and calibrate yourself -- being receptive to incoming information -- before guessing at their motivations and future behavior.

(This is Ne at work, btw, buttressed with Ti.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'd answer, but you will already have predicted what I will say anyway to fit into your paradigm.

Well, yes, for INTJ, it seems to all be part of the self-fulfilling prophecy in earlier stages of growth.

I think people can be predicted to some degree (which is really just way of my saying that people are 'consistent' at some level, which is why we can even recognize someone's personality!)... but the patterns are more varied and broader, and you have to experience the individual first and calibrate yourself -- being receptive to incoming information -- before guessing at their motivations and future behavior.

(This is Ne at work, btw, buttressed with Ti.)
    A problem that is hard to shake though (As it’s inefficient) is to overestimate your competition... I mean if you can see all the pitfalls of what you are doing... then they will too... which requires even more contingency planning.

I guess that’s what has to make the INT pragmatic... otherwise we'd just get into that scenario of "paralysis by analysis".