User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INTP Rage

MBTI
    INTP

Default INTP Rage

Lately, I am pissed off. Most everyone out there seems like they are out to fuck with people. You can't trust a soul. People are tactical. They open up to you to have you open to them only to attempt to cripple you later. I have seen the worst in people for a very long time. My agitations are at an all time high. All I know is that it is about survival. You, reader, mine as well kill me and eat me if it came down to it. Believe me, I am aware that you are an animal just as much as I am. Any other INTP hyper-vigilant?

MBTI
    INTJ

Although I am INTJ, I feel the same way. I've just learned to sit back and laugh at it all. However, when someone attempts their self-serving bullshit on me, I scare them into taking their manipulative victimization tactics elsewhere by, when the time is right, telling them in accurate detail exactly what their motive, manner and objective is in the most condescending tone I can execute.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Schizm View Post
    Lately, I am pissed off. Most everyone out there seems like they are out to fuck with people. You can't trust a soul. People are tactical. They open up to you to have you open to them only to attempt to cripple you later. I have seen the worst in people for a very long time. My agitations are at an all time high. All I know is that it is about survival. You, reader, mine as well kill me and eat me if it came down to it. Believe me, I am aware that you are an animal just as much as I am. Any other INTP hyper-vigilant?
    Are you saying that this bothers you? Do you expect them to be any other way? If so, what do you want them to be like?

Well, if you don't want people to take advantage of you, then be sure they think you have something you could use against them before trusting them, or just make sure you don't give them anything they can use against you. If you want to truly be involved with people, it involves some risk. It's as simple as that. What's the problem? Is it a more specific situation?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Arandur View Post
    Although I am INTJ, I feel the same way. I've just learned to sit back and laugh at it all. However, when someone attempts their self-serving bullshit on me, I scare them into taking their manipulative victimization tactics elsewhere by, when the time is right, telling them in accurate detail exactly what their motive, manner and objective is in the most condescending tone I can execute.
    I concur. Lately my mind fixates on people's intentions. I probe at them as much as possible. Interesting how easily most give away clues as to their true motivations.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Are you saying that this bothers you? Do you expect them to be any other way? If so, what do you want them to be like?

Well, if you don't want people to take advantage of you, then be sure they think you have something you could use against them before trusting them, or just make sure you don't give them anything they can use against you. If you want to truly be involved with people, it involves some risk. It's as simple as that. What's the problem? Is it a more specific situation?
    No one will take advantage of me.

I don't find human interaction simple even though you didn't mean the wording to be used in this way. People can't be trusted. You shouldn't trust me either. Everyone is out for themselves. I have no friends, only alliances which can crumble at any second.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No one will take advantage of me.

I don't find human interaction simple even though you didn't mean the wording to be used in this way. People can't be trusted. You shouldn't trust me either. Everyone is out for themselves. I have no friends, only alliances which can crumble at any second.
    Who said I trusted you? You can't do anything to me from here.

Yes, everyone is out for themselves in the end. Even charitable people experience some kind of inner satisfaction in their behavior.

Are you trying to say that you dislike having alliances that can crumble at any second, and want "actual" friends that you can trust? Well, there is no way to guarantee that. But some people want loyalty and a confidant... there's no reason to assume that someone won't reciprocate eventually if you keep at it. Even if they don't, what do you gain by never trusting anyone, even if it means you're never disappointed? Nothing.

MBTI
    INTJ

I concur. Lately my mind fixates on people's intentions. I probe at them as much as possible. Interesting how easily most give away clues as to their true motivations.
    Indeed; it amazes me how naive they must be to actually think that someone wouldn't eventually pick up on their crap, but I guess I can't blame them if they've been choosing victims as dull as themselves for any length of time.

There is little I enjoy more than seeing the look on the face of any given manipulative cretin after I've publicly exposed their disgustingly selfish motives to their less perceptive victims and allies.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Who said I trusted you? You can't do anything to me from here.

Yes, everyone is out for themselves in the end. Even charitable people experience some kind of inner satisfaction in their behavior.

Are you trying to say that you dislike having alliances that can crumble at any second, and want "actual" friends that you can trust? Well, there is no way to guarantee that. But some people want loyalty and a confidant... there's no reason to assume that someone won't reciprocate eventually if you keep at it. Even if they don't, what do you gain by never trusting anyone, even if it means you're never disappointed? Nothing.
    I don't think it is possible to truly trust anyone. No, I am not saying anything about alliances crumbling. I can trust at surface level but people shouldn't expect me tell them anything about my private life. And they should not get mad if they share something deep with me and I don't reciprocate. They made the decision to open that avenue and I made the decision to stay on my side of the street.

Do you open up to people?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

And don't get mad if you share something deep with me and I don't reciprocate. You made the decision to open that avenue and I made the decision to stay on my side of the street.
    So your complaint is that people expect you to do something that you don't want to because they shared something with you?
    Do you open up to people?
    Yes... slowly. I tell them smaller things at first, and how they respond. If they seem like good people I can trust, I decide it's worth the risk. Of course it might not be for you... F's probably have a stronger need to interact with and trust people. You may be best off not trusting anyone. From a strategic perspective, it's the smartest not to trust anyone. It's only an emotional perspective that changes the answer.

MBTI
    INTP

No complaints. I have just seen how uncomfortable certain types get when I don't share my emotions with them. For a while, I engaged Fi as an experiment and it was an utter and total nightmare. I became the dump your shit on me guy to a lot of people. During this time, I found a lot of individuals want so much for you to listen to their problems and if you do they are glad for it. They continue to feed off of it. If you so much as open your mouth about something personal and important to you, you are ignored. I find the whole idea of venting repulsive. If I want to deal with my emotions, I will go for a walk or draw/write.