123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Default Imagined Conversations

How many of you have ever had a full conversation (in your head or outloud) between yourself and either someone else you know, or a historical or fictional character.

I know I have.

I've conversed with:

Imaginary Marie Curie
    Imaginary Thomas Jefferson
    Imaginary James Madison
    Imaginary Captain Picard (he's my conscious, you know)

I really don't know. It's sort of weird.

A second question: if so, has anyone accidently done this in front of other people?

I did. I was reading my book of the letters between Jefferson and Madision, and I said, "you're both wrong! Honestly, Jefferson, like anyone really thinks that!", said it when I was right next to my teacher and a person from my school.

If you do this...does it help you think?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I once wrote diary entries in the form of letters to FDR. Didn't stick with it long, diaries have never been my thing.

Also I've been known to imagine conversations between me and people I know, as a way of working through my thoughts/feelings.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Poppy: Letters to FDR sounds fun, even if a diary doesn't. If it was a diary, did you tell him about your life, or just random stuff about how the world was then, or how it is now, etc. ?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I do it all the time. ALL OF THE TIME. Some people would call it being crazy. I like to call it "being a writer."

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Novascientia View Post
    Poppy: Letters to FDR sounds fun, even if a diary doesn't. If it was a diary, did you tell him about your life, or just random stuff about how the world was then, or how it is now, etc. ?
    It was primarily personal things if I remember right. I did reference some things from his day (as well as letters that people had written him during his presidency, which were what inspired me to do it in the first place).

My ENFJ friend loved the idea, I think she might have written him some letters too
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I have heated arguments with imagined others all the time, I normally carry both sides of the conversation though. This often gets rather bizzare fairly quickly.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I imagine conversations and situations with people i know all the time. Never done that out loud tho, and i only do this when im alone. Yea it helps me think how other people would react on these situations i imagine, because i keep it as realistic(not the situations itself, but how others would react on them) as possible.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

More often than I should... ^^;;
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFJ

Is this an NT thing then .. I do it all the time, both quiet and out loud.

OK, where is my NT badge?
    Or have i just lost it as i used a smilie
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

How many of you have ever had a full conversation (in your head or outloud) between yourself and either someone else you know, or a historical or fictional character.
    Normally. The imaginary person I'm speaking to embodies one (current or future) aspect of myself at its ripened stage. I use them as a means of emulating their strengths to improve on my weaknesses.

Or the person could be a real-life individual whom I'm trying to study and reference to refine/create a strategy and tactic.

A second question: if so, has anyone accidently done this in front of other people?
    Ni. Someone has to 'convince' the ideas out of me. I keep any outlandishness to myself.

"I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.