User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Default The technology and innovation appreciation thread

I'm going to assume most NT types are into technology, other types are free to share as well. What are your latest interests and favorite pieces of technology?

MBTI
    entp

yamaha keyboard [WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE]
    burnout paradise
    embedded systems

I am working on some silicon chip designs on my own (I also do it professionally). I think I will always have an interest in this field...even as I make a career shift away from it.

I am currently involved in self-study of Quantum Mechanics. Not just the philosophy or the qualitative "gee-wiz" type stuff...the actually nitty-gritty mathematics and physics...to the point of developing the skills for applying Quantum Mechanics in a wide number of areas. I will at least have to pass exams.

I am also interested in the polywell technology.

I think this is the most promising thing in the energy realm I've seen. They say all the physics have been figured out, and all that's left is engineering.

But I want to understand the physics. Then possibly go for a ph.d. program focussing on polywells.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    IsTP

Carbon Nanotubules (sp?)

If/once we figure out how to make long strands of these things it will change many aspects of how we build anything.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

...Silicone.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I am working on some silicon chip designs on my own (I also do it professionally). I think I will always have an interest in this field...even as I make a career shift away from it.

I am currently involved in self-study of Quantum Mechanics. Not just the philosophy or the qualitative "gee-wiz" type stuff...the actually nitty-gritty mathematics and physics...to the point of developing the skills for applying Quantum Mechanics in a wide number of areas. I will at least have to pass exams.

I am also interested in the polywell technology.

I think this is the most promising thing in the energy realm I've seen. They say all the physics have been figured out, and all that's left is engineering.

But I want to understand the physics. Then possibly go for a ph.d. program focussing on polywells.
    interesting device there, except they don't have one working yet, and as I suspected after reading more about it, it is an "overunity" device, a device that comsumes less energy than it puts out. Good luck with that.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I'm really curious about any type of levitation but this one topped it off for me,

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4exO4CuoSU"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4exO4CuoSU"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

It was rumored that Ancient Egyptian priests would "sing" the capstone blocks of pyramids into place, sounds unbelievable right? They were primitive right? No not exactly, they had electricity!! They had batteries and what looks like light bulbs in their hieroglyphics, and yes they actually dug up and found ancient batteries, that work. There is a lot of mystery behind the pyramids, and I believe they had much knowledge about advanced technology.

Also Edward Leedskalnin was a very mysterious case of 1 man building a whole castle moving tons of coral rock at a time mysteriously by himself somehow with basic tools. However there was a case where he hired someone who help him move his castle during the middle of construction, this guy reportedly saw leedskalnin singing to the stones and they were levitating onto the truck! Leedskalnin himself professed that he had found the secret the egyptians used to build the pyramids.....

I have also read accounts of Tibetan monks who used instruments(musical) to propel and hurl huge rocks through the air.

So it all adds up to the truth now, sound is capable of levitating things. And it is ancient knowledge we have forgotten and rediscovered.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KzmB2bI7s"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94KzmB2bI7s"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

The Large Hadron Collider and the search for the Higgs Boson.

Also, space elevators.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    So it all adds up to the truth now, sound is capable of levitating things. And it is ancient knowledge we have forgotten and rediscovered.
    Cool background info.

Imagine the noise outside a town in the future if they build things that way

----

I am working currently on a project team who measure frequncies a combustion engine gives off during operation. The idea is to build an onboard diagnosis to detect failures in the system before they happen.

We yet managed to predict damage in bearing blocks and valves causing prolonged injection times with the device.

a nice idea, but still needs a lot of development.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I have seen arguments that science and technology is a sin since it makes us more like God and opens our eyes hence we would theoretically not need God which is the lie the Serpent in the Garden of Eden sought to promote so we would make the same mistake he did and blinded by ambition suffer the hardest fall by rebelling against God, the masterful Creator.