User Tag List

First 234

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Yeah, just don't dismiss them if you don't like them at first listen. It took me a little while, but I went from complete disdain--I did laugh at the vocals at first, as well--to loving the band.
    My mind is open but I can't promise I won't have a giggle either but I do promise to have a listen
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    My mind is open but I can't promise I won't have a giggle either but I do promise to have a listen
    All right. I'm just used to people who only give bands one shot and then miss out on something I'm sure they'll come to sincerely love.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    All right. I'm just used to people who only give bands one shot and then miss out on something I'm sure they'll come to sincerely love.
    I am very open to most new experiences but for now I dare not at this time of night or I won't be able to sleep - it is 2 minutes before 1am and I need to get some Zzzzs - goodnight for now
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP

I love heavy metal, specifically industrial metal, but anything that's grand, operatic, and dark is appealing to me. Even my softer-sounding music is quite morbid and sorrowful.

Some of my favorite bands:
    Emilie Autumn (self-described 'violindustrial', industrial with Victorian themes and instrumentation influence)
    Type O Negative (Gothic metal, influences of thrash and doom)
    Danzig (bluesier side of heavy metal)
    Genitorturers (industrial metal, very sexual content)
    Otep (Nu metal/alternative metal)
    Prince (he's... Prince)
    Hannah Fury (in the Emilie Autumn/Kate Bush mold)
    Cradle of Filth ('extreme metal', a hybrid of black/gothic/symphonic)
    Baba Zula (Turkish band, very interesting style, sort of trance-folk-rock)
    Cem Adrian (Turkish musician)
    Darzamat (Polish symphonic black metal)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Well, Einstein was a big fan of Bach. Rush is also pretty popular amongst INTPs (Neil Peart's INTPness is a huge influence on their sound and also writes the lyrics). Ti is big on precision and Ne is big on experimentation and innovation. Virtuosity tends to appeal to Ti, so probably classical artists like Chopin would be on the list. I'd imagine Dream Theater probably has a good INTP following as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Wagner is one of my favourites amongst the classicals. The broad group of classical music is my favourite; I'll add Enescu, Beethoven, Mozart and Bach on the list. As for more modern music, I like the band Hurts--their music is just more deep than most. As well, I like some techno and trance--think Tiesto.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

The guitar is like my rubix cube, I enjoy deconstructing songs and working out how their recorded and played. Especially Guns N' Roses songs, for some reason, but - That's me.