User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I had it happen once recently. I just got done smoking a cigarette, laid down, and was actually taken by surprise when I had absolutely no thoughts going on. But then again, my thoughts were of how blank my mind was, so I guess that was still a thought.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm really surprised by this thread. I mean, I didn't realise anybody could think... nothing at all?! I know some people are capable of thinking only one thing at a time(*), but none?

(*) Right now, I'm thinking about this post, about my story, about the lesson I'm going to give, the test I've got to put in my briefcase before going to the school, and there is some self-check process going on about what I'm thinking.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    I have heard this interesting theory that men, all men, are capable of thinking of nothing. My father describes it as something like a giant black space in which a ping pong ball slowly bounces back and forth for a time.

This is difficult for me to comprehend as I'm always thinking about something. Always. Even when, and often more so when I'm asleep. It helps that I usually remember what I was thinking while I was asleep. lol, some have called me a freak of nature.

Anyway, in all my thinking it occurred to me, 'hey, NTs seem to think an awful lot, I wonder if NT guys can do this "not thinking" thing that they claim all men can do.'

So, can you?
    The paradox in the thinking process.
    Thought is communication.

Communication is biology.
    Bacteria communicates. Apropos it thinks.
    Dogs and cats communicate. So do human beings. And other apes.
    In a more advanced level than bacteria?
    There is no difference. Evolution is about survival only.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

That's kind of an intrusive question to ask, isn't it?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I can think of nothing at a moments notice. I do have to willingly do so. I find meditation easy and relaxing. I just don't do it enough. I think my mind is just fuzzy enough to cancel itself out. I find it hard to focus my thoughts most of the time, it's easier for me to stop thinking than it is to work out 21.5 + 23, and that becomes problematic. Particularly when trying to do simple mathematics
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

try yelling STOP out loud at your brain and see it stop for a few seconds

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

closest i can get of thinking nothing is saying im not thinking nothing inside my head. i can do that for about 5-20 seconds then i notice that my mind started wandering to something else or to something thats about thinking nothing..

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

how do you fall asleep to begin with if you're always thinking so hard?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP

I'm a girl and I sometimes find myself just completely blank, not thinking about anything . It's like my brain has overheated and now it's just giving itself a short break before my thoughts come crashing back!
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTJ

Not an NT but experienced enought to figure out that's your dad's cop out of sharing his thoughts.

Girls ask that all the time- 'what are you thinking?' Nothing rarely means zero thoughts- it usually means something truly insignificant, or something you can't or don't want to explain for whatever reason.

BUT......Sometimes driving, I don't remember the thoughts I had seconds ago. I'm so focused on whatever it was it's like I don't recall anything in those seconds. Not that I wasn't aware of the goings on of the road, but I didn't have a thought.