• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] xNTx fidelity

How sexually faithful are you when in an relationship

• ENTJ - Always faithful

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • ENTJ - Occationally been unfaithful

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • ENTJ - Rarely faithful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTJ - Never faithful

• ENTP - Always faithful

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • ENTP - Occationally been unfaithful

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • ENTP - Rarely faithful

• ENTP - Never faithful

• INTP - Always faithful

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • INTP - Occationally been unfaithful

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • INTP - Rarely faithful

• INTP - Never faithful

• INTJ - Always faithful

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • INTJ - Occationally been unfaithful

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • INTJ - Rarely faithful

• INTJ - Never faithful

• Total voters

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
I find it hard for any guy to overlook the opportunities for hedonistic pleasures. The way I see it, other archetypes are just better at tapping opportunities because they play the game better (SFs, for example).

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I just wonder how many NTs here actually want to do it, but just can't?

I'll be honest, I've definitely thought about it but part of the reason why I wouldn't follow through with it is because of the possibility of losing what I have with the real relationship.

Considering all of the standards I have, I'm already starting with a shallow dating pool.If I find someone and we get to the stage of being in a committed relationship then that means that the majority of my standards have been met. There's no way I'd through that away for a piece of new and strange dick.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I just wonder how many NTs here actually want to do it, but just can't?

Well that's a bigger question... "would yeu do it if there were no restrictions, if yeu wouldn't feel guilty, if noone cared, if yeur SO didn't feel bad about it?"

Durr the answer is YES.

The only reason we DON'T is because we'd get in trouble, or because we were taught it was wrong. If yeu want to do it and hold yeurself back 'because it's wrong' , then if yeu weren't taught it was wrong, and it wasn't taboo, yeu would've done it normally.

The only advantage yeu have there at all is the ability to go against yeur instincts, and instead go with the training yeu were given. Seriously, by not commiting adultery, yeu have just justified yeurself as being as intelligent as... a dog. Because yeu went against basic instinct, and did something yeu were trained to do out of fear of being punished.

Is this a bad thing? Not really, but it doesn't really mean yeu have any 'true' moral high ground, as the moral wasn't held by every civilization either, see the example of rome previously. So going "zomg I don't do that because people say it's wrong" just means yeu're accepting a moral that was told to yeu, not validating it for yeurself whether it's really something yeu truly believe, or if yeu're just going along with it because yeu're scared of reprisal.

Yeu may truly believe it, in which case I'm quite glad that yeu're standing up for whot yeu believe in, even if it can be very difficult to do at times. I just don't like seeing people think they're morally superiour for showing off they're too scared to provide their own opinion and morals and just latch onto the herd mentality for fear of being kicked out of the herd.

Think carefully about yeur opinions and morals, don't just blindly follow everyone else "because it's the right thing to do". If yeu don't know WHY it's the right thing to do, then yeu aren't moral at all, yeu're just scared of getting caught.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm with SerengetiBetty - it takes me SO long to find someone I want to be with, the risk reward balance is out of whack before I start. I do get propositioned more when I am with someone - but I'm looking at those guys and scratching my head thinking "who rattled your cadge"...

anyways this is facinating and so far pretty conclusive... but I need to hit the hay and count Zzzzzzzzzz's

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Gosh I killed the conversation by going to bed.

It definately seems the vast majority of the NTs are faithful sexually, which is cool. Hopefully we will get a few more responces today

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
If I've agreed to not to see other people I won't see other people...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Faithful to the death !

Heck I am even faithful to a car now for more than 20 years and it is indeed slowly falling apart :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Faithful to the death !

Heck I am even faithful to a car now for more than 20 years and it is indeed slowly falling apart :D

I love NT's

Ent - you got the ENTP faithful score up - GO you!

LOL not that this is a contenst.

Lis

veins

NT infidelity might not be that commonplace because NT's in general may have a tendency to look at the bigger picture and consider the risks, while weighing the pros and cons of the situation. In a relationship, it's typical that time and effort has to be invested to form an emotional/physical/whatever else -"love"- bond, which NT's seemingly aren't as willing to divulge freely to just anyone. Perhaps the gap for that is widened depending on the types within the NT category. Supposing that a relationship is shaky, it might make more sense to figure out the cause and attempt to amend that rather than throwing fuel into the fire by cheating. If it's come to that, why not just cut the losses and move on? Maybe there's motivation for revenge, to cause harm, or something.
But I guess every situation is circumstantially varied, just as the individuals.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I like the idea of a team effort and to personally evolve in a relationship through the relationship.

Of course to find the right one for that is one shot in a million, but still not impossible.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
i haven't been in many 'defined' relationships, but they have always been open relationships. so, technically, there has been no cheating. from a monogamous point of view - definitely.

to make the relationship 'open' has always been my suggestion. a very rational one, too - i don't know ANY MAN who has been faithful. not one. and i have many male friends (friend friends) who have told me that. every single man i know has at least had a one night stand while being in a relationship. so me and quite a few of my friends have come to a conclusion that a faithful man is a fairytale creature - a lot of people talk about them but noone has actually ever seen one...

there is just no point to expect someone to be faithful if it's not going to happen. ever.
on the other hand - if he's free to shag around, so am i.
hence the open relationships.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
to make the relationship 'open' has always been my suggestion. a very rational one, too - i don't know ANY MAN who has been faithful. not one. and i have many male friends (friend friends) who have told me that.

I agree.

And if you now take the male entp ego to ALWAYS automatically do what noone else does, you got one reason why I am faithful.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
i haven't been in many 'defined' relationships, but they have always been open relationships. so, technically, there has been no cheating. from a monogamous point of view - definitely.

to make the relationship 'open' has always been my suggestion. a very rational one, too - i don't know ANY MAN who has been faithful. not one. and i have many male friends (friend friends) who have told me that. every single man i know has at least had a one night stand while being in a relationship. so me and quite a few of my friends have come to a conclusion that a faithful man is a fairytale creature - a lot of people talk about them but noone has actually ever seen one...

there is just no point to expect someone to be faithful if it's not going to happen. ever.
on the other hand - if he's free to shag around, so am i.
hence the open relationships.

It's sad but almost true, from a good few years of asking the question, I'd say between 5-10% of men have fidelity. Which I guess are mainly NT's

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
NT infidelity might not be that commonplace because NT's in general may have a tendency to look at the bigger picture and consider the risks, while weighing the pros and cons of the situation. In a relationship, it's typical that time and effort has to be invested to form an emotional/physical/whatever else -"love"- bond, which NT's seemingly aren't as willing to divulge freely to just anyone. .

This bit if very true for me, it takes a lot for me to get interested let alon get involved with a bloke. Risk reward ratio is just not showing a good return.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I agree.

And if you now take the male entp ego to ALWAYS automatically do what noone else does, you got one reason why I am faithful.

:yim_rolling_on_the_
i love you, entropie! no, really, i do! :wubbie:

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
It's sad but almost true, from a good few years of asking the question, I'd say between 5-10% of men have fidelity. Which I guess are mainly NT's
actually, yes. there has been ONE man, an INTP and a very good friend (friend friend) of mine who said that he would break up with his partner if he had the urge to sleep with someone else.

then again, he cheated the woman he was with before AND his relationship he is having now is still very fresh. so i'll wait for a year or so and if he still says that, i might consider i have seen a fairytale creature with my own eyes.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
actually, yes. there has been ONE man, an INTP and a very good friend (friend friend) of mine who said that he would break up with his partner if he had the urge to sleep with someone else. .

:D They do exsist, actually I find if you just ask men they do seem truthful about it.... strangely enough. I may be being neive but I also beleive that non of my exes have ever cheated.

then again, he cheated the woman he was with before AND his relationship he is having now is still very fresh. so i'll wait for a year or so and if he still says that, i might consider i have seen a fairytale creature with my own eyes.

Bummer, maybe an age thing, maybe he will grow into faithfulness. I think when men are younger thre is more drive and more opportunity (early 20's with enough socal skills etc)....

The upside is I get the genuine impression that at least in theory NT's really don't want to cheat, which is a far cry of opportunistic man hoars.... :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont have much experience with woman, but I know ISFJ woman do cheat, even from experience -.-

MBTI Type
INxJ
I'm weird, I almost always need to know a person before I go out with them.....

Nah. I get to know someone for a year first. See them in a variety of situations and mental/emotional states. Allows you to see what you're getting yourself into.

Cheating is irrationality at its worst. If you want to have sex with other women, then break up, and do so.

I never understood why anyone would do it differently. If you want to keep your current significant other, ask them to swing with you or do an open relationship. Respect them enough to give them the option to decide. If you really don't want to be with them, have the balls to be direct/honest.

NT infidelity might not be that commonplace because NT's in general may have a tendency to look at the bigger picture and consider the risks, while weighing the pros and cons of the situation. In a relationship, it's typical that time and effort has to be invested to form an emotional/physical/whatever else -"love"- bond, which NT's seemingly aren't as willing to divulge freely to just anyone.

My free time is extremely important to me. There's no way I'd waste that on a one night stand, much less an involved affair with repeat meetings.